Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Please let us lock our vehicles!!!

Sure it may come in handy, but if there are people out there THAT bad [Which I know there is!] If one such person ran up to your vehicle and got cheesed at the fact that only you could drive it. They tend to find alterior ways to ruin you day, most likely by shooting your tyres out or deciding to make a funny by using their rocket launcher.

Its been witnessed, however I would rather play in comfort with the knowledge the guys next to you are seasoned OFP players. This on a public server might anger the beast that is mainstream gamers smile_o.gif

Exactly! Let people do whatever they want. pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

Agreed 100%. Let whatever lock-up thing be mission-specific scripted, not hard-coded. thumbs-up.gif

Sure it may come in handy, but if there are people out there THAT bad [Which I know there is!] If one such person ran up to your vehicle and got cheesed at the fact that only you could drive it. They tend to find alterior ways to ruin you day, most likely by shooting your tyres out or deciding to make a funny by using their rocket launcher.

Its been witnessed, however I would rather play in comfort with the knowledge the guys next to you are seasoned OFP players. This on a public server might anger the beast that is mainstream gamers  smile_o.gif

it's all about tweaking the script to get rid of abusers smile_o.gif

my main concern is vehicle lifetime after leave and wrecks lifetime ... lock/unlock feature is just bonus smile_o.gif

No need for a patch, it can easily be scripted in by the mission creator (well at least in the full game, since the demo has no editor and only plays the 3 demo missions). I especially hate to see things hard coded that don't need to be, because it limits potiential. I mean what if someone required that the vehicles be constantly accessable for their mission to work? Not only that, but doing it by script allows the feature to be customized however the creator wants it. Also it seems a bit arcadish to me, not realistic at all, so it shouldn't be a default thing.

Locking and unlocking vehicless must be in the game default. In real life you can close vehicles from inside to prevent enemy get in and kill you.

LOCK and UNLOCK the vehicles must be made as default in game.

When someone (mission maker) dont wont that, he have still option to remove that feature trhu scripts.

The vehicles lock from enemies when you get in them initially... so they can't get in... and kill you...

The vehicles lock from enemies when you get in them initially... so they can't get in... and kill you...

And what the players from the OWN team/side ? They can kill you or drive with your tank to death.

Saying that whats been working very well in some of these big coops recently release is the Only Pilots can fly triggers.

Many people know that only the pilots can fly so they all get into the choppers and play the coop properly. and they don't go off and try and steal a chopper from the pilot and own everything. Ive seen it working great.

And what the players from the OWN team/side ? They can kill you or drive with your tank to death.

In that case, play with better teammates. Teamwork is the biggest point of the game, not soloing.

u cannot generalize this ...

in most terms all people on the server play fair and in a whole team no TKS or Respawn-Rapes. But sometimes there some idiots that connect and destroy all what they see or break the gameplay on this server, that sucks. the admin should lock the server when its nearly full!

furthermore we have the problem that some people try to storm the enemy alone with one man aktions (tanks, choppers), with the lock feature we support that type of players. i dont think, that this is the intention of the community ...

lock and unlock function should NOT implement in the game as DEFAULT actions, that would slow down the gameplay in many ways.

little bit OT:

to enhance the JiP from arma they should implement a "server favourite function" and some advanced map-type filter:

1. Sort by Missionname (i hate it when i cannot see which mission is up and running on the server)

2. Sort by Map-Type

3. custom filter rules with the combination like server+map-type (e-league server)

dude, if someone takes your vehicle, blow him up or have ur teammates kill him.

dude, if someone takes your vehicle, blow him up or have ur teammates kill him.

That would be TK. But taking lone vehicles is ok as far as I know. yay.gif

Even if you blow up 2 empty cars in ArmA, your scores go down..... so TK is not big penalty :]

If I were to make a dedicated server that was meant to be serious and no to very little play,this means tards would not be allowed in. I would go with a password..never saying what it is exactly, but something only a true OFP fan would know. Say for example..the "code" to get past the man with the suitcase on BI's website.

But no,I would not enforce the idea of certain players locking their vehicles, this would be rude and waht would stop them from getting to it first and locking it from you? If you need locked vehicles for a mission, then they need to be locked against everybody.

noone would guess your password unless they were working to crack the code of a passworded server. Even then, that would mean trouble off the bat. And I'm a serious ofp fan and I am QUITE a serious player, to the point of sounding like a huge nerd because I practice proper radio etiquette when things are getting confusing / chaotic.... but I don't know the code of which you speak.

noone would guess your password unless they were working to crack the code of a passworded server. Even then, that would mean trouble off the bat. And I'm a serious ofp fan and I am QUITE a serious player, to the point of sounding like a huge nerd because I practice proper radio etiquette when things are getting confusing / chaotic.... but I don't know the code of which you speak.

Think of OFP's Evil Guy's idea of "healthcare"... rofl.gif

problem is then you would get asses locking trucks and driving off when your all supposed to get to objective in it. banghead.gif

problem is then you would get asses locking trucks and driving off when your all supposed to get to objective in it.  banghead.gif

But that's the beauty of Flashpoint/ArmA. You don't nessecerily need that truck.  You can always do what i did when i serverd in the British Army, walk it..... tounge2.gif or tabbing as it was known to us grunts...

Hi,

I think soldiers classes would be a good thing.  smile_o.gif

But most important: a soldier driving a tank alone should not be able to use the weaponry at same time. That's unrealistic!

-Soviet-

But most important: a soldier driving a tank alone should not be able to use the weaponry at same time. That's unrealistic!

I'm fairly sure you can't. you have to stop the tank then change to gunner position. it was like this in flashpoint i'm sure...

Hi,

Yes you can. Activate manual fire option in OFP. wink_o.gif

Ok, you can't move the turret but you can use the weaponry.

If this option is removed, 2 guys will be needed absolutely. smile_o.gif

-Soviet-

It's too late Soviet, in case you haven't noticed ArmA was already released. You should have made your suggestion (a lot) earlier. whistle.gif

This got really unrealistic when you would be driving a HMMWV and firing a mounted 50. cal at the same time. tounge2.gif

This got really unrealistic when you would be driving a HMMWV and firing a mounted 50. cal at the same time. tounge2.gif

Why ?

You could mount a wire to the trigger biggrin_o.gif

Yes, this thing destroys realistic feeling, but I don't think it's too laty for this suggestion. It shouldn't be a problem to add possibility to turn this off depending on difficulty setting to patch in future

Why ?

You could mount a wire to the trigger  biggrin_o.gif

Yes, this thing destroys realistic feeling, but I don't think it's too laty for this suggestion. It shouldn't be a problem to add possibility to turn this off depending on difficulty setting to patch in future

That's not the point. The point is it was in OFP too and nobody complained about it, and all of the sudden since it's in ArmA too everyone's whining. What did you expect?