Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Lost-World Returns

Quote[/b] ]I simply do not share everyone's opinion and you can think of that what you want,

Exactly.

and thats why i said and will again say that

Quote[/b] ]Requesting such tool through petition is okay I guess.

was bollox ,you dont think its okay and i asked that you stop masking your agenda in here and in the other threads and state your real position/agenda.

Your talking bollocks too, this thread is about the life or death of a mod a mod we want to keep. So take your complaints and bashing to PM!

Anyways 441 signs, i hope something can be agreed. Good luck.

Dogster has a screenshot of the input menu, isn't it a Maya Animation?

What's wrong with that... (excuse me if I've missed something).

453 Signatures

ofp2 Take your issues to PM. back on topic plz.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I feel compelled to repost this...as much as I think dinos running around Sahrani would be hilarious I think a reality check is needed to balance the righteous indignation.

We are using for importing animation and skinning now FBX format, we found mel sripts sometimes problematic, slow and unstable. Im not surre if there will be support for importing FBX to O2 in free tools, but its possible.
Again, there is no special tool for animation, we use Motionbuilder and max or maya, importing this data to O2 in FBX format. So only what you can expect is some import plugin of FBX format in final version of O2 tools.

You have a member, an actual, honest to goodness member of  the BIS development team telling you there is no mythical import tool.  Why is it no one is picking up on that?

As for the “Maya Weights Scripts†in Beta O2 menu…  Considering O’Hara’s reply I suspect it’s the legacy of a failed system and just wasn’t removed as part of cleanup during the alpha -> beta phase of O2PE’s development.

I think you may be all petitioning away for something that is nothing more than a failed experiment.  At best there's been a misunderstanding that's convinced Smiley there is a working tool out there.  At worst you are probably chasing a phantom and the Maya scripts are now hiding away on Osama's laptop, sat on top of Iraq's WMDs. wink_o.gif

If BIS say there is no special tool then why shouldn't believe them?

@ rock

no smiley didnt get it wrong. in fact we have been guessing its either a mel. script or a plugin for oxygen that allows importing/exporting arma compatible animation data  and no special tool...

we arent complete morons rock you know...

i guess bis would make an extra "ARMA anim HAXXORZS" tool if they have a far more convenient work pipe ( as said max and maya..) and we are quite aware of that...

since we didnt know what it exactly was, how could we be precise?...

i guess you wouldnt know any better.

as far as the others.. yea theyve picked up the totally wrong side...if one starts plotting the other one moves on...

however.

right now its basically entirely impossible for the to realize decent animations for the dinosaurs and port them into rtm format.

we could have basic animations using teacups plugin for maya..

but it doesnt support wheighting and the dinos would look like walking solid blocks without a convincing smooth looking skin.

oxygens inbuild animations system is laughable...

its a bitch to handle and entirely unpracticable for our needs in the mod (as well as actually making new scratch soldier animations). i guess its only good to modifiy existing ones ore make very rudimentary anims..

@dogstar

yea we´ve seen it

we tried it

it doesnt really work..

and importing raw mocap data into oxygen is.... utter bullsh!t..

these files are big and contain alot of useless information

@A Erlingsen

what the hell´s wrong with you dude?...

no we arent going to die.. but i guess youre one of those who starts first to whine about things he doesnt get...

anway..

if bis doesnt move a bit towards the community i can already see that therell be several dropouts here..

and i´m not only speaking of the LW mod...

@ Ohara

Thank you for your reply. Obviously you are one of the developers at BIS and I fully apreacheate your reply to the situation. However are you speaking from a personnel note on the problem, or on an official note?

@Rock

We are fully aware there is no “Animation tool†as o2 is too limited in this department, but we are aware (until now) that there was a mel exporter script for Maya that obviously did work, as the animations we see in game where used with it.

I can clarify this because at the time of the original discussion in the first quarter of this year, I was told by another BIS employee (and friend) that this was the active and only method.

@ Everyone

Obviously technology changes and I am please to hear you have a new and more efficient system using the FBX format.

In my letter to Maruk, I did mention the fact we would all be willing to sign NDA’s and allocate the required software to the people who needed it, in this case it stands at 2 people.

It looks like BIS are still reluctant to give any official word, despite the encouraging reply from Ohara.

And just to make a small note, it seems this petition has now grown until something much stronger in terms of “community support†and other mods also requesting this vital tool.

By no means either am I trying to alienate BIS or put them in the spotlight, they have been given constructive community support where and when on this forum.

Anyway, I am astounded by the number of replies and support signs.

Obviously technology changes and I am please to hear you have a new and more efficient system using the FBX format.

In my letter to Maruk, I did mention the fact we would all be willing to sign NDA’s and allocate the required software to the people who needed it, in this case it stands at 2 people.

It looks like BIS are still reluctant to give any official word, despite the encouraging reply from Ohara.

And just to make a small note, it seems this petition has now grown until something much stronger in terms of “community support†and other mods also requesting this vital tool.

By no means either am I trying to alienate BIS or put them in the spotlight, they have been given constructive community support where and when on this forum.

Anyway, I am astounded by the number of replies and support signs.

This posting was not really helpfull to get support from BIS. IMO your are a little bit simple-minded, aren't you? More and more i can understand the BIS-standpoint.

@A Erlingsen

what the hell´s wrong with you dude?...

no we arent going to die.. but i guess youre one of those who starts first to whine about things he doesnt get...

Huh? What are you on about? I was obviously refering to the dinosaurs and how they are going to eat us. Don't drag me into your drama.

Let me make it clearer then....

"Oh god oh god, dinosaurs are going to make such big wounds on our bodies that we are going to lose blood in large amounts, get eaten and DIE."

Quote[/b] ]IMO your are a little bit simple-minded, aren't you? More and more i can understand the BIS-standpoint.

I see no flaw in his post, but I see see some offensive ranting in yours while you have nothing to contribute.

Keep it with the old word: If you got nothing to contribute, do not post at all.

I signed the petition, but it was meant as no means to strongarm Bis...Just a show of interest.

I personally think that Bis is Number 1 company for supporting modmakers already, more so than any other game in my history of gaming.So we can't complain too bad , even if they gave no more.

edit: I wish this mod luck and I am very interested in it and would like it finished.

I have one more comment tho....

Looking at the tools available and known to be given in the past...you really can't complain much , and you certainly are trying to go outta your way and do a top-notch job for-sure.

But...

And trying to ask politely.... Why you start a mod that require so much animations, knowing its a hard part of modmaking and Bis isn't known to support character animations in the past.It was 3rd party tools.

For those not understanding the post I made, it was not my intention to single out BIS and portray them as “anti community†I couldn’t help notice a few replies on here swinging that way.

I have the up most respect for the company and like others have said; their community support is certainly a cut above the rest.

The whole reason we went public was to show BIS the numbers and the people supporting the idea. I wasn’t anticipating any numbers at all, in fact even if two people signed, it wouldn’t have mattered.

I don’t want to turn this into a campaign to slag off BIS either; they have their reasons just like anyone else. And if they feel the community does not need this tool, then we all have to accept this. However this was my last attempt to at least check this. All we want to know is whether BIS have plans to release something to allow custom animations to be imported into the engine via max or Maya. It’s a Yes or No answer, and would confirm for definite if we can or cannot progress.

I’m sure BIS have more things to worry about, and a small petition will be the least of their worries, and I am not expecting miracles. But I won’t be asking my self “what if†either.

The whole debate about the dinosaurs in arma question; I don’t know about anyone else, but I like variety, and I don’t see the engine as a military sim at all, I see it as a creative place for ideas.

We were not expecting or demanding a tool from BIS for the arma community to support 3rd party programs for animation creation, and imports. However we did assume we might see something though. And dinosaurs have been in the engine before, with the beta release back in ofp days. So it’s nothing “newâ€

We always knew the engine, and its limitations, and you could call it false hope that we where hoping BIS would release animation import tools for the more complex models/mods and the ever growing talented members of this community to support that and the verity of creativity with this new next gen engine that it offers to us.

well said someone needed to straightin the topic out it was going of track

So what engine is this mod leaning towards? and can it possible handle big terrains like ARMA?

For me thats what would make it special to see it in ARMA. Even without figting the dinosaurs, it will be bad ass to run from them .

So what engine is this mod leaning towards?

We're leaning to a few engines, but its uncertain whether we will actually move to them (Which I'll leave to Smiley to announce)however if we do we'll still release stuff for ArmA as well AFAIK.

So what engine is this mod leaning towards?

We're leaning to a few engines, but its uncertain whether we will actually move to them (Which I'll leave to Smiley to announce)however if we do we'll still release stuff for ArmA as well AFAIK.

Ah thats good news, so worst case scenario he can have static dinos is ARMA.

Seems like Crysis would be the best bet in terms of the tools already available. Not to mention the foliage.

But I really hope that LWR stays with ARMA

@Lost World Team,

Want to ask if the problem is solved now?

Any contact to BIS ?

Any chance to get an animation tool or new O2 Version with animation implementation?

@Lost World Team,

Want to ask if the problem is solved now?

Any contact to BIS ?

Any chance to get an animation tool or new O2 Version with animation implementation?

Hi Raptor

Unfortunately we still have not heard anything official from BIS regarding the animation plug-in. And we are now doubtful that we will ever hear anything official.

Preparations are now in place to take the unfortunate move, but we will announce any official news as soon as it’s available.

Crysis is the best “compatible†engine that we can use for our story and game experience that we want to portray. (As well as arma)

Who knows, perhaps down the line BIS will release their tool, and we will release something back into he community, but for now we are going to wait a while longer until we make a final decision.

I would like just to say a huge thank you for the community support, 99% of signs where valid  (some where spam) and I really do apreacheate the efforts of every single one of you.

Nick

Dear all

Despite everyone’s efforts and outstanding support I regret to inform we will cease development for the Armed Assault and unfortunately leaving the community altogether.

For those of you who are following or concerned about the project, Lost World Returns will continue development in the new and next generation game engine "Crysis" after weeks and weeks of debating and discussions within the team.

It’s both a very sad and exciting time for us, and we are very confident we can bring an even greater game experience to you all with the new engine.

We will still keep our eyes pealed on arma and if or when the animation plug-in is released for the supporting 3d party programs we shall definitely try and release something back into the community.

Further progression and development updates will now be held on our own forums and website.

I want to thank each and every one of you including BIS for the experiences and entertainment I have had over the last four years we and you shall not be forgotten.

Nick

goodnight.gif

Time to get a new computer I think smile_o.gif

Sure the mod will be great wherever it goes, good luck.

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing this on Crysis. I think it's gonna be much better on Crysis anyway. ArmA is good for what it does, military combat simulation... I am gonna follow you guys to Crysis for sure!  notworthy.gif

By the way, can anyone get me a link to your website? The link on the first page post #1 doesn't work.