Vilas' addons

@ wika_woo

Go to VIBI pack on 1rst topic page...

Sorry I'm lost ..... (as usuall)..

smile_o.gif

Hi Vilas!!

First... THANKS VILAS!!

Second... thanks again!! biggrin_o.gif

Third.... I searched in all fansites people making mods of 2WW to Armed Assault... finally I found Vilas Mods !! notworthy.gif

Great Vilas!! your work is great!!!! and I'm very surprised and pleased for you because you make new versions and updates!

Vilas... you will make some vehicles of the 2WW as C47 airplane, some Stug or Panzer, Bradley, Jeeps or Opel Blitz Trucks, and Higgens Boats??.. well.. may be... I want to much!! right??, excuse me Vilas... biggrin_o.gif

I like very much playing in the second war world battles biggrin_o.gif

Another question... your models of soldiers have not weapon shadow... this is normal or is problem of my Arma?

The last question... my English is very bad... what means "Lathani" ?

Again Vilas... thanks!!, and excuse me for my bad English and If I abused of you patient wink_o.gif

Bye!!

Hi Vilas!

Ok, Lahtani is understand now! wink_o.gif... hey!!! you are his Father!! you can name to him how you want!! wink_o.gif

I will wait more units and vehicles with anxiety!! inlove.gif

Thanks Vilas!! tounge2.gif

Excuse me Vilas.

I have mount the Vilas Mod of this way:

/ArmA/@vilas/addons/...

And I rename the "hard configs" to "vilas_config.pbo" and "vilas_ww2_conf.pbo" and my Arma startup with "-mod=@vilas" and all work fine wink_o.gif

Well... in editor not appears the typical error "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/default.sections'"... nevertheless in a dedicated Multiplayer Server (in the same directory in the same machine) with "-mod=@vilas" in his startup, the error appears when the clients connect to him... banghead.gif

Vilas? do you know why? or somebody can help me?

Thanks very much!! notworthy.gif

i have never been renaming pbo with config;

make sure that Uve arma 1.07/.08 version and vilas basic pack.

Hello HqPL !!

Thanks for you response! wink_o.gif

Yes... I have 1.08 and if I not rename vilas_ww2_conf_hard.pbo to vilas_ww2_conf.pbo and vilas_config_hard.pbo to vilas_config.pbo always give to me the message:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels/default.sections'"

Inside of Editor and in game...

No for you?

Vilas, you might also take a look at the gatlings on the AH6. In patch 1.08 they can now fire 1 projectile/3 rounds of ammounits, instead of the old 5 projectiles/25 ammounits.

Is it possible to put a heavier mg on the Mi-17? Configwise it works but I want a model too!

Hello HqPL !!

Thanks for you response! wink_o.gif

Yes... I have 1.08 and if I not rename vilas_ww2_conf_hard.pbo to vilas_ww2_conf.pbo and vilas_config_hard.pbo to vilas_config.pbo always give to me the message:

Inside of Editor and in game...

No for you?

Oh!! it`s true!!

Always give me the problem!... rename or not rename... put only one config... always appears...

Please.. I know that this question is stupid... but... what is the solution please? huh.gif

i don't use mod folders, i put all to ADDONS folder,

i have 1.08 now, and my basic pack must be not old, maybe error  message is presented because of old version of file, before 1.07 changes ?

or maybe BBAR conflicting addon? i don't know why there is such error, please tell what ARMA version, what is file date of "vilas_mod" and things like that smile_o.gif

Vilas...I have the opf vechicles pbo (the one with the self propelled guns )But I can't seem to find the BMP 1 in it anywhere???Is it a 105 vs 108 patch issue?I'm still at 105.I can see all the other vechicles though?what up? help.gif

i don't use mod folders, i put all to ADDONS folder,

i have 1.08 now, and my basic pack must be not old, maybe error message is presented because of old version of file, before 1.07 changes ?

or maybe BBAR conflicting addon? i don't know why there is such error, please tell what ARMA version, what is file date of "vilas_mod" and things like that smile_o.gif

Ok Vilas!!, thanks!!

My Arma version is 1.08.5163

This is a capture of my structure and data files. In /addons the problem is too.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9648/armavilas1it6.jpg

I think the error only appears when i use units of the vilww2.pbo

The problem is:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/273/armavilas2qd3.jpg

Too... the weapon missing shadows (M1 GARAND... love this weapon inlove.gif)

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5986/armavilas3am9.jpg

The error appears, I accept... and I can play... but something is wrong... true?

Thanks!

BMP-1 is in pack for sure, maybe under class VIL (there was such error before, like Bradley, but it was fixed ?)

and one thing that can cause Your problem, old vilas_mod, first vilas_mod had BMP1 class but using BMP2 model, and it had scope=0, so it was not seen in editor, but when i made BMP1 in VIBI i deleted BMP1 unseen from MOD

so if You have old 1.05 and old MOD it can be like that

patch 1.08 is very good, replaces many errors from 1.05

what concerns errors with ww2 guns, those ww2 files are from time before 1.07 was issued , please download newest version from links in first topic

there is new texture for mausers in it, better quality mausers and much better model of MP40, soldiers have better textures and etc.

what concerns shadows, i tried to do shadows to all my weapons, but there were horrible problems and weapons were looking stupid, so i gave up and decided not to give shadows at all, than give bad shadows

what concerns files in Your folder, please do not use all 4 configs smile_o.gif

every config has it's own properties, such as accuracy, AI fire range

- CS - close strikes, AI soldiers fire tou you whenyou are near than 200 meters, weapons have low accuracy

- BIS - like in BIS config, AI soldier fire to you when you are 400 meters from AI

- hard - much more accurate weapons than BIS did it

if there are 4 configs, none of them work properly smile_o.gif

nsv_wip.jpg

NSV uses animation from AGS30, soldier sit low , so it has small range of up rotation, only + 25 degrees, so it will not work as AA weapon, but good for hidden in bush guards

NSV with big rotation to heaven as AA gun will be done on other tripod

i am pushing to FTP Armaholic BETA version of new VILAS_MOD  with static NSV (there was static NSV, but it was using model of DShK BIS) and with AK105, and little better texture of AK, i hope soon to get some more quality textures from somebody smile_o.gif

i hope i helped, if not, write PM smile_o.gif

edit:

also i uploaded new NAM with RPG2 beta (i don't know why with "modelspecial" works stupid and M79

and new version of Guerillas, with few better textures (boots, woodland) but only on some units and with WW2 weapons too (required WW2 pack)

it is in small config file, so if someone doesn't wat it, no need to unRAR it, just few units, i made this because STG was popular in 1950 years and Mosin sniper was widly used in middle east in 1960, before they get SVD

goes to Armaholic FTP

Hold on i lost u now. Whats new and were the new things are. In what pack r this new thing. And i think there is no need too sey agein how good job u r doing. Just keep up the good work. notworthy.gifyay.gifwelcome.gif

what concerns shadows, i tried to do shadows to all my weapons, but there were horrible problems and weapons were looking stupid, so i gave up and decided not to give shadows at all, than give bad shadows

what concerns files in Your folder, please do not use all 4 configs smile_o.gif

every config has it's own properties, such as accuracy, AI fire range

- CS - close strikes, AI soldiers fire tou you whenyou are near than 200 meters, weapons have low accuracy

- BIS - like in BIS config, AI soldier fire to you when you are 400 meters from AI

- hard - much more accurate weapons than BIS did it

if there are 4 configs, none of them work properly smile_o.gif

Ok Vilas!!!, without shadows! doesn´t matter.

All this work is made for one person... you!!, if you can not make shadows... well.. without shadows!! wink_o.gif

Now... 4 configs.. yes!, If I want hard config what I do?, delete those three others?, rename vilas_ww2_conf_hard.pbo to vilas_ww2_conf.pbo... What I do?

Again... a thousand of thanks Vilas! wink_o.gif

just use one of configs

hard, easy, cs, bis is just to make all clearly in SP

just use one of configs

hard, easy, cs, bis is just to make all clearly in SP

Ok, Only one config.

Then... if my files in the @vilas/addons directory are:

vilas_config_hard.pbo

vilas_mod.pbo

vilas_ww2_conf_hard.pbo

vilww2.pbo

It is ok?, I delete the others config... and not rename nothing... this is true?

Thanks!! wink_o.gif

Vilas, I got a small problem (hey, how often is it a "big" problem when you don't get shot!? tounge2.gif) with the NSV: the enemy don't shoot at me when "in" the NSV. No matter how close! sad_o.gif

Currently I'm making a mission in which rebels (your Guerillas and Rellikki's Resistance troops of course) defend Obregan aginst the SLA, and east units just won't shoot at the rebels if they are in a NSV! A rebel using a Browning M2 gets killed first of all cause it's a priority target for the BMP-2 so it's not my fault.  whistle.gif

Great piece anway. thumbs-up.gif I was so desperate about a lowmounted HMG, I even tried to lower down the DShKM & M2 into the earth, just to find the gunner having all but his upper torso and head above ground.  banghead.gif  rofl.gif

in my case it works, my tester said it works, noone other reported me this error ?

PM me with details on which config, which other addons you use and etc.

Hi vilas,

Wouldn't it be cool to have a lowmounted m240 or M2. I would love to see it. Your NSV is very nice too! notworthy.gif

Lennard.