Sign in to follow this  
bum71

Horrible Performance...

It doesn't matter if I am in same boat or not, and you can't say if my problems will be solved or not only BIS can. I think my problems will be solved to my satisfaction, if you don't think that it is your opinion, we will see what future patches will bring.

Definition of decent performance is different for different people it is subjective issue and it is on user to decide if he likes performance or not.

So you are still repeating yourself and you think you prove anything the fact is: it doesn't matter if you prove anything you or me stated here, only what matters is the solution of the problems people have.

So go on and repeat yourself in infinity only to prove nothing! whistle.gif

PS: Yeah judge me only on one bad post, yeah just go on! I have my definition of trolling!

Yup you're right! Its utterly pointless. You will continue to believe that BIS will write a patch that miraculously makes ArmA run well on inadequate hardware and I'll keep on KNOWING they won't. You say I don't know much about the PC industry icon_rolleyes.gif

And yes, that post fits in perfectly with my definition of "trolling", because it is smile_o.gif

E goodnight.gif

PS : Since you are here whining all the time, I'm assuming you are not happy with the performance? Subjective is it?

PPS :

Problem : Inadequate Hardware

Solution : Upgrade

Thats it, thats all!

Sure it is subjective because you are satisfied with the performance and I am not.

I can only say the future will prove what we know if it is right or not. As now you don't know much what is going on you will keep KNOWING nothing useful so keep your not KNOWING for yourself that is almost as useful as it will always be.

Now go on with trolling the trolling!

The difference being that if I owned an antique PC, I wouldnt have ridiculous expectations. I'm not trolling btw, just trying to get you to understand the realities of the current gaming world. We should really stop now as its not fair to the users who actually have problems that can be fixed by BIS.

Rock on!

E

long pause eveyone take a long deep breath smile_o.gif

Some New info

Quote[/b] ]ATA/7's commands enable makers to ditch most of the error checking required by PC apps. A bad bit can crash executable programs or ruin data files, but it's rarely perceptible in AV streams, so it makes sense to skip error correction and move on with the show, increasing performance by up to 30 percent. The new command set means more concurrent AV streams and reduced stress on the drive.

This probably won't be a user tweak: Drives will likely ship from makers to industry customers with error correction on or off.

Now Skull being your a hardware guy would error correction being on mean that it would effect the performance of a program being streamed from the hard drive?

I thank you for showing me what I already KNOW rofl.gif !

I don't have any big expectations don't worry!

Don't take it too personal, I only want the problem to be solved for all of us, and debating about rigs performance want help us, so lets start posting something useful for the solution only I wanted to say all the time.

Rock On, dude! yay.gif

I thank you for showing me what I already KNOW  rofl.gif !

I don't have any big expectations don't worry!

Don't take it too personal, I only want the problem to be solved for  all of us, and debating about rigs performance want help us, so lets start posting something useful for the solution only I wanted to say all the time.

Rock On, dude! yay.gif

I promise this is my last post concerning this but I find it really funny that through 2 pages of posts you haven't even understood that your particular problem will not be solved by BIS. It will be solved by you visiting the Dell website or Alienware and hitting the buy button, thats the only solution for you, there are no others.

E

long pause eveyone take a long deep breath smile_o.gif

Some New info

Quote[/b] ]ATA/7's commands enable makers to ditch most of the error checking required by PC apps. A bad bit can crash executable programs or ruin data files, but it's rarely perceptible in AV streams, so it makes sense to skip error correction and move on with the show, increasing performance by up to 30 percent. The new command set means more concurrent AV streams and reduced stress on the drive.

This probably won't be a user tweak: Drives will likely ship from makers to industry customers with error correction on or off.

Now Skull being your a hardware guy would error correction being on mean that it would effect the performance of a program being streamed from the hard drive?

ATA and SATA are different technologies, ATA is a Parallel interface and SATA is serial. SATA has more power than ATA7 with or without error correction. As serial interface SATA has better streaming performance than any ATA system.

Because of that you can't directly compare this two systems they are different in general.

As SATA or SATAII systems have better performance there should be no streaming problems for PC software running on those systems, only if the software uses some ridicules and useless techniques of streaming performance issues could still be there but then they are to be solved in the software not trough buying SATA III or I don't know what HDD and MOBO.

@etne: my last post regarding ! We will see what the solution wil be! As I can read your posts I know what you mean as you write your posts but I have different opinion. So please dude stop insulting me all the time as I can read don't worry.

I'm not insulting you mate. Just trying to make a point but I am going to stop now.

Have fun.

E

ethne i think he understands that his card is old, but are you really 100% satified with the performance your getting from your 8800 in armed assault? Thats Skull point as to why upgrade when there isnt a fix yet or if it will be fixed and maybe its not a video card issue.

Just my opinion but every should wait before they buy new hardware and see what get fixed first. biggrin_o.gif Because we dont have a Base line computer spec to work from.

ethne i think he understands that his card is old, but are you really 100% satified with the performance your getting from your 8800 in armed assault? Thats Skull point as to why upgrade when there isnt a fix yet or if it will be fixed and maybe its not a video card issue.

Just my opinion but every should wait before they buy new hardware and see what get fixed first. biggrin_o.gif Because we dont have a Base line computer spec to work from.

Yeah first one that understood what I wanted to say all the time!

Thank you big, juicy, mantra man! notworthy.gifrofl.gif

Just my opinion but every should wait before they buy new hardware and see what get fixed first.  biggrin_o.gif  Because we dont have a Base line computer spec to work from.

Yah, I am 100% satisfied. It runs perfectly. I've been editing for over a month now and testing my first mission with several friends and I can honestly say it crashed once (and I think thats because I was alt-tabbing alot). My friends who have it are reporting the same thing. The few that don't have fast systems understand that they are not going to get top flight performance and are enjoying it nonetheless.

E

I think skull you misunderstood my question or maybe i miss typed it. Im talking in reguards to SATA-7 Drives not ATA-7 and maybe that were the confusion is.

Quote[/b] ]Yah, I am 100% satisfied. It runs perfectly. I've been editing for over a month now and testing my first mission with several friends and I can honestly say it crashed once (and I think thats because I was alt-tabbing alot). My friends who have it are reporting the same thing. The few that don't have fast systems understand that they are not going to get top flight performance and are enjoying it nonetheless.

So what you paid for it that you getting what you expect as far as performance in Armed Assault compared against performance on a lesser card?

Not trying to beat yah up here, just think it would be helpfull for those that want to know biggrin_o.gif

I think skull you misunderstood my question or maybe i miss typed it. Im talking in reguards to SATA-7 Drives not ATA-7 and maybe that were the confusion is.

As far as I know there is no SATA-7 standard if you want to learn more about SATA look at this article at Wikipedia:

SATA

Quote[/b] ]Yah, I am 100% satisfied. It runs perfectly. I've been editing for over a month now and testing my first mission with several friends and I can honestly say it crashed once (and I think thats because I was alt-tabbing alot). My friends who have it are reporting the same thing. The few that don't have fast systems understand that they are not going to get top flight performance and are enjoying it nonetheless.

So what you paid for it that you getting what you expect as far as performance in Armed Assault compared against performance on a lesser card?

Not trying to beat yah up here, just think it would be helpfull for those that want to know biggrin_o.gif

Honestly, I had 2 x 8800 but the second one was a complete and utter waste of money so I ditched it. I have yet to see the game that slows this card down tbh. Saying that, I've got a friend with a 1900XT and he has no problems either. So you don't HAVE to have an 8800 to play the game. As with all games, you have to find the "sweet spot" for your particular rig.

The 8800GTX is by no means cheap but it IS very impressive and I think it was a very good investment. I would go as far as to say it is the most impressive graphics card that I've ever owned and I've owned a few. The R600 is not looking so impressive anymore and it looks like it will be delayed. I'm sure the Nvidia refresh will have arrived by then, which will no doubt be faster than the R600.

E

edit

Quote[/b] ]

I, too, get lower fps with the ATI Control Centre installed. My advice is: Don't use it. Just use the drivers (and WDM drivers, if you need them) without the Control Centre, and get some third party control program like ATI Tray Tools to manage your games. It works MUCH better (even solved some graphic glitches for me in certain games).

I tried this and saw absolutely no difference in fps or ArmA-Mark score, although the simplicity of ati tray tools is nice.

.......get a room you two?

The moderators arn't gona be happy when they see this thread turn into a 1v1 match.

We stopped, no need for your post smile_o.gif

E

I'd say... three pages of ethne and skullburner going at it...

This is what happens now that Placebo is gone?   help.gif

Anyways, I am running a Core2Duo E6600 with 256mb 7600GT and 2gb DDR2 RAM. I should be running atleast at medium, but the demo has me running:

No AA

Low Post-Processing

Normal Most everything else

but AF at High smile_o.gif

and it is dirt slow... but playable

god forbid I turn on AA... I can't play at all. My mouse just ceases to respond predictably.

I too remember OFP when it arrived (had 500mhz just for it) and yes it was also medium detail for me back then... however, you would think the quantum leap in terms of processing power could shell out some better frames considering the streaming tech over past methods - or perhaps we just need better options rather than just (Low|Normal|High). Where are the 1001 options for graphic detail like every other game?

[EDIT] I'll be more specific.. I get 30fps with the above options and drops to about 22 durring a small firefight in coop game. If I raise any of them it's instantly at 20fps or lower. That is just plain silly IMO.[/EDIT]

I'm going to post this again because the last 3 pages were flooded.

I think the easiest fix for BIS would be to remove the 1st LOD of these detailed bushes that are causing problems, I know for me they kill my FPS when the 1st lod is in view. And the ground clutter (grass etc) doesn't help either which is useless for gameplay in several ways, it's only a visual thing.

I'm going to post this again because the last 3 pages were flooded.

I think the easiest fix for BIS would be to remove the 1st LOD of these detailed bushes that are causing problems, I know for me they kill my FPS when the 1st lod is in view. And the ground clutter (grass etc) doesn't help either which is useless for gameplay in several ways, it's only a visual thing.

Yeah, the grass is kind of silly. It could either be removed or the character interaction with it could be made a little bit better. As it stands, it's just plain annoying!

E

As here was said, that one should move ArmA to the outer Sectors of the Harddrive - I created 4 Partitions on my 300 GB drive - which of them should I use for ArmA?

But if even a RAID 0 doesn't bring a performance increase, why should this?

An other question. I have an Asus 8800 GTS, Game is running quite fine on high settings except for loading hickups until after some runtime LODs and textures are starting to get loaded very late and the framerate begins to drop.

This looks like something that was told here before, i guess the Video memory could be full, but can't prove it, because video memory watcher doesn't work for me.

If I use maxmem=768 or higher, it seems to need a lot longer until the problem comes into effect.

Just one question for others who might be able to reproduce it: If the game is in this state, and I Alt-Tab out and back in, the graphics are not initialized any more. I see my Windows Desktop, but I hear ArmA. I still can drive a car I was sitting in before, I hear it respond to my input. But I didnt find a way to get an image again. Alt-F4 ends the game.

Has anybody experienced this before?

My system:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

Asus Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB.

2GB DDR2 533

MSI P965 Neo - onboard Sound disabled.

Audigy 4

300 GB Samsung HD 7200 RPM

all running on stock clocks, only build for ArmA, fresh Install, using latest NVidia driver

A game with very poor performance - nearly like ArmA - on my old rig: X3 - Reuninion. Runs like hell on the new one, never thought that it could perform like that. But that's on patch 2.02 right now wink_o.gif

Well here's ny opinion! I've just got the demo and i can't get above 18 fps no matter what i try crazy_o.gif .I have a p43.2,1 gig of memory and i bought i brand new card just for this game (7600 gs,512mb)I am realy pissed off about it.The thing is why does it require very high system specs to run with?You can bet youre life when the x-box version comes out it will run fine.same old story with flashpoint,thiers still no hardware to be able to run that game on max,yet the x-box version runs fine crazy_o.gif.The guys on here who keep going on about their rigs running fine have their heads up their arses when they tell me they have an average rig tounge2.gif Come on guys you have got top end rigs most average people can't afford.We can't all afford top end latest hardware to run it and why should we?I consider my rig is above average and it is struggling.Bet youre life just like OFP in another 5 years time their still won't be the hardware to run it properly pistols.gif Better get the edit in now before the usual replies come in from the guys who won't accept it!Yes i have tried everthing,drivers different AA,AF resolution's,clean system spyware ect,ect,bla,bla,bla!And some of the lengh's guys on this forum are going to make's me laugh tounge2.gif Creating new partition's,reinstalling windows and the like ha,what a laugh

People can run OFP on full settings and have been able to for a LONG time.

This thread has basically been hijacked by two people arguing... I hope a mod deletes the posts or locks the thread allowing us to start a new one...

Im no computer expert and know nothing about the ins and outs of making a computer game.

What i would love to know is that will armed assault ever run as smooth as the likes of BF2 what i get about a average of 50-60 fps

but is armed assault gunna be like soldner !!! a great idea but never

run fast or smooth, i have been bored of Bf2 for ages now and it dont tickle me fancy any more and i loved soldner but that was unplayable.

i was very very happy to see armed assault and downloaded the german version but then unhappy to see poor frame rates. i love the idea of the vastness of the game and that it is a simulation.

so please could anyone who knows what is what tell me if in the near future that this game will run at 50-60 fps when the the going gets tuff. thank you if you could tell me the ins and outs of my question.

oh yeah i have a high end sli system and getting about max 30 fps in town areas.

If the flaming and arguments persist.. this thread will be locked.

+1 WL for both Ethne and SkullBurner - Any more will result in PR

People can run OFP on full settings and have been able to for a LONG time.

Did you get the Resistance expansion? Nobody can get the viewdistance and terrain detail near max. That shows how little you have followed it. ArmA isn't so badly optomised though - at least not for me.

What is the recommended system specs for this game.

also do we ever hear from the makers of the game.

also can anyone find the system spec that the makers of the game tested and ran the game on before release.