Sign in to follow this  
bum71

Horrible Performance...

Yeah go on and ban me.

You are contributing to this thread exactly so much like me or even less then me with your storys about how arma is ahead of the time. With that story and your other uselles posts you helped me alot to solve my and problem of others so I thank you very much.

WoW, you're quite an intellectual icon_rolleyes.gif The game is ahead of its time and you Sir, are an unqualified troll. I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset because they are having performance problems but there is a right way and a wrong way to voice your opinion! Your method is not going to garner you any help or sympathy.

E

i don't need nor I want any sympathy of you sir! You are not helping me anyway so doesn't bother!

i don't need nor I want any sympathy of you sir! You are not helping me anyway so doesn't bother!

Rofl, I dont think you'll be getting any help or sympathy from anyone with your rude and anti social attitude, so it works out for both of us! Enjoy ignore.

E

PS : ROFL, I just realised, you're the guy thats angry because it wont run on your 9800. While some people's concerns are genuine, your problem lies in archaic hardware. It will NEVER run well on your rig! Upgrade or move on.

Rofl, I dont think you'll be getting any help or sympathy from anyone with your rude and anti social attitude, so it works out for both of us! Enjoy ignore.

E

As you are so social in telling empty meaningless stories to people who need help. How are you so smart, and helpful oooh! They should give you a prize, a medal or something! notworthy.gif

PS: I won't by any new hardware because you tell me cause you are so competent like some small squirrels in the woods.

E

As you are so social in telling empty meaningless stories to people who need help. How are you so smart, and helpful oooh! They should give you a prize, a medal  or something!  notworthy.gif

I've tried to help people by suggesting upgrade paths and I posted some tips about how to optimize Nvidia's drivers. What have you done? Bitched and complained because your Calculator won't play a game developed in 2006? Its NEVER going to run well on your PC, EVER. You might as well come to terms with that. No amount of bitching will change it.

E

Yeah very smart suggestions to upgrade hardware that are incompetent and optimization that is already posted everywhere on the forum.

Whoa man you helped a lot of people with your repetitions of useless stuff.

PS: I read also some post in this 3d forum someone suggested here. There you are debating about useless stuff regarding NVidia 8800 GFX Card of your "garphic-calculator" talking about some conspiracy or something. It was very funny,really! smile_o.gif

Ok, don't buy new hardware. That's fine with me, but please stop posting about your performance problems. Someone with a decent PC has every reason to be concerned about performance, there are obviously issues there. It is very clear that your issue is your old hardware that is not up to the task of gaming in 2006/2007. The solution is to upgrade, and not just because I say so, but because it is the ONLY solution to your problem. BIS can't perform miracles, such as making a hardware intensive game perform well on a 4 year old PC.

E

Actually not useless stuff at all. It was about Vista drivers for the 8800. 8800=Calculator according to you? That's pretty funny, whats funnier is I can play ArmA in full detail at 1680 x 1050! In fact, I think I'll go and play it now! You can stay here in denial! Its not just a river in Egypt.

It is only obvious to you. I will manage to play Arma on very low settings when it is fixed, I am sure. But you can't make competent judgement about my Hardware. It is good enough for me and my purposes and you are just incompetent, my hardware is built by Alienware and works perfectly.

PS: Then go and play, I am glad you can do it! This will stop you from posting useless stuff around the net.

It is only obvious to you. I will manage to play Arma on very low settings when it is fixed, I am sure. But you can't make competent  judgement  about my Hardware. It is good enough for me and my purposes and you are just incompetent, my hardware is built by Alienware and works perfectly.

It's obviously not good enough if you can't play the game you want to play. It's pointless to argue this. If you want to play the game, you upgrade! Its just that simple. It's not an attack on you, it's just a fact. If I bought a game like ArmA and it didnt run properly on my machine and I KNEW my machine was dated, I'd upgrade! It's just common sense.

E

PS : Its also pretty pathetic of you to bring up another thread on another forum which you clearly have no clue about, but Im starting to get the impression you are either very young or a very slow learner.

@ original poster : BF2 has better gfx? my ass , I run BF2 on max settings and it still looks like shit compared to arma , Arma's engine is smoother , more powerful and more dynamic. i have noticed the demo does lack a bit in preformance compared to the full version.

you can run arma (full version) perfectly on good settings , with just a good 256mb gfx , 1024mb ram and a 3.2ghz cpu . Runs fine , im betting any body who has a problem running the game with a setup near or exceeding that , has a lot of shit running in the background (hint : press crtl+alt+delete and shut off all those extra processes that really dont need to be running)

and about the skullburner/ethne argument : skullburner , hate to break it to you , ethne is right. regardless that you dont want to take his advice on upgrades , you're going to have to upgrade either way . why? 2007 is the year of Direct X10 cards/games , the year of 1024mb RAM MINIMUM , the year where duo-core will slowly become a standard. in other words , if you want to be able to play the extremely popular and new games , you're going to have to upgrade.

It is not a fact only because you tell it.

There are many people with way better hardware then me that get the same performance as me and it is in game not in hardware. So how you can suggest me to upgrade when it is not certain that I will get better performance with better hardware.

Thats not the fact is only your very opinion and proves as false and that is the fact!

Arma is only game I will play for years , so I don't need any upgrade and I am satisfied with very low settings.

Before I buy new hardware I want to see all the problems solved in engine and when people like L_H_Oswald and my friends that have new GFX Cards and rigs tell me they have good enough settings I may consider to buy new hardware but not right now.

It is not a fact only because you tell it.

There are many people with way better hardware then me that get the same performance as me and it is in game not in hardware. So how you can suggest me to upgrade when it is not certain that I will get better performance with better hardware.

Thats not the fact is only your very opinion and proves as false and that is the fact!

Very simply because the problems with many of the systems here can be attributed to several different things. In your case the problem is obvious. I'm not going to keep repeating myself. If you think that your hardware will run ArmA properly after a few patches, that's your right. I can guarantee you that it won't happen but I can't tell you what to think. You are very stubborn and should perhaps consider the reality. It's NOT because "I" say it is a certain way, it's because it's a cold hard fact. Not something I made up.

E

@ original poster : BF2 has better gfx? my ass , I run BF2 on max settings and it still looks like shit compared to arma , Arma's engine is smoother , more powerful and more dynamic. i have noticed the demo does lack a bit in preformance compared to the full version.

you can run arma (full version) perfectly on good settings , with just a good 256mb gfx , 1024mb ram and a 3.2ghz cpu . Runs fine , im betting any body who has a problem running the game with a setup near or exceeding that , has a lot of shit running in the background (hint : press crtl+alt+delete and shut off all those extra processes that really dont need to be running)

and about the skullburner/ethne argument : skullburner , hate to break it to you , ethne is right. regardless that you dont want to take his advice on upgrades , you're going to have to upgrade either way . why? 2007 is the year of Direct X10 cards/games , the year of 1024mb RAM MINIMUM , the year where duo-core will slowly become a standard.  in other words , if you want to be able to play the extremely popular and new games , you're going to have to upgrade.

Yeah, BF2 doesn't look better at all. And lets not forget that BF2 maps are a fraction of the size of the ArmA map. It's all the little effects in ArmA that make it so immersive. BF2 is not a bad looking game but it's just not on the same scale as ArmA.

E

You are living in your reality and thats fine for me.

I have a right and you have right to state your opinion but that doesn't mean anyone from us has stated any facts. I can't prove if that what you are saying is right with certainty because there are already many real evidences that it is not 100% true what you say, even in this forum. So say what you want but don't state it as a fact if it isn't it is just childish and incompetent!

I have a right and you have right to state your opinion but that doesn't mean anyone from us has stated any facts. I can't prove if that what you are saying is right with certainty because there are already many real evidences that it is not 100% true what you say, even in this forum. So say what you want but don't state it as a fact if it isn't it is just childish and incompetent!

I don't know where you got the idea that old hardware runs new games well but the contrary has been THE reality since the beginning of PC gaming. It's not a "reality that I live in". Whether you choose to accept it is not a decision for me to make. The evidence is all over the Web, in tech sites and hardware reviews ad nauseam. I'm trying to help you understand that the only way to solve your problem is to upgrade. It is a fact! What you fail to understand in your obstinance, is that it is not a fact that I made up. It is a FACT supported by the history of the gaming industry. It is an absolute and cannot be debated.

E

PS : If I showed up on a bicycle for a race with a Ferrari, should I be surprised when I lose?

I don't know where you got the idea that old hardware runs new games well but the contrary has been THE reality since the beginning of PC gaming. It's not a "reality that I live in". Whether you choose to accept it is not a decision for me to make. The evidence is all over the Web, in tech sites and hardware reviews ad nauseam. I'm trying to help you understand that the only way to solve your problem is to upgrade. It is a fact! What you fail to understand in your obstinance, is that it is not a fact that I made up. It is a FACT supported by the history of the gaming industry. It is an absolute and cannot be debated.

E

PS : If I showed up on a bicycle for a race with a Ferrari, should I be surprised when I lose?

It doesn't help you to make such simplistic compares!

How can you compare car or bicycle with such complex things like PCs or even Software running on PCs, there is no any similarity.

In general newer hardware gives you more performance, but only if the software has any performance breaking flaws one can tell that the software will run faster or better on newer hardware.

Now I read many posts in forum from competent people with newest and better hardware configurations then mine that have same problems in running this game. For some people it is even unplayable on this "ferrari" hardware, I also tried it by friends of mine with better hardware then mine and game performed there also bad. Now you come from nowhere and tell me it is the fact that if I buy this great hardware I could play this game better than now. Now I see the reality and this is the fact for me buying new hardware will give me some 2-5 FPS more in Arma but I must spend a lot of money so I will rather wait and see what happens and then make my decision. I will base it on reality not on opinions of testers or somebody from forums.

/sigh

Their problems are not the same as your problem. They are 2 entirely different things. The group of people with reasonable systems will no doubt have a solution to their problems before too long. You won't! This whole argument is giving me a headache because you refuse to accept the absolute reality of this situation. In the most simplistic terms :

Some people are having problems with ArmA and they have decent machines. It is looking like it is a hard drive related issue. In a lot of cases it could be bad drivers or a bad Windows/DX install. The point is that provided you have a decent PC, the problem will likely be easily fixed.

You have a 4+ year old PC.

That's the difference.

E

PS : I never said "great" hardware. Just something that is in the current generation. You don't have to spend a fortune.

/sigh

Their problems are not the same as your problem. They are 2 entirely different things. The group of people with reasonable systems will no doubt have a solution to their problems before too long. You won't! This whole argument is giving me a headache because you refuse to accept the absolute reality of this situation. In the most simplistic terms :

Some people are having problems with ArmA and they have decent machines. It is looking like it is a hard drive related issue.

You have a 4+ year old PC.

That's the difference.

E

I can say to you that there is no HDD issue at all if there is some HDD issue it won't be solved by buying a new hardware. That only shows your incompetence again. This all nonsense about ata7 is not true and people have SATA-II and fast HDDs have the same problems.

You can repeat your incompetent stuff in the infinity it doesn't get competent or true trough that.

PS: people with 8800GTS or R1900XT 512 MB have issues and until they have no issues I won't buy any new hardware. This arguments with I have better hardware or get better hardware are not of use at this stage of development.

But I think you measure your competence or ego trough performance of your rig what is very funny thou! rofl.gif

I can say to you that there is no HDD issue at all if there is some HDD issue it won't be solved by buying a new hardware. That only shows your incompetence again. This all nonsense about ata7 is not true and people have SATA-II and fast HDDs have the same problems.

You can repeat your incompetent stuff in the infinity it doesn't get competent or true trough that.

PS: people with 8800GTS or R1900XT 512 MB have issues and until they have no issues I won't buy any new hardware. This arguments with I have better hardware or get better hardware are not of use at this stage of development.

But I think you measure your competence or ego trough performance of your rig what is very funny thou! rofl.gif

No, I don't. The simple fact is that I can run the game in high resolutions at high detail and I have no performance problems. I can do this because I have a fairly new rig. Its just common sense. I understand that to play the latest games, I need decent hardware. It's a lesson you have yet to learn whistle.gif

E

PS : It's not my "incompetence". I've been a PC professional for over 15 years. I was only reciting what I had read about hard drive problems. It was not my consensus. You can try to insult me all you want but the simple fact is I am enjoying ArmA every day and you aren't. I've tried to offer you advice about how to get decent performance but you refuse to see sense. Good luck smile_o.gif

@ethne:

And still there are people with clean, decent, state of the art rigs that still have issues with the game. You are one of the lucky ones that have no problems, thats fine for you, but you can't guaranty that trough buying a new rig I will solve my problems completely because there are many contrary examples. So stating something as fact what is not 100% true is incompetent and that is a fact.

I have 20 Years of experience in development of hardware and software but I am not more competent in solving any problems of Arma cause for that I would need to look in source code and many other things. Only I can tell you this stuff with HDD ATA7 is not a problem cause ATA7 is old UDMA standard for 130MHz UDMA which is less performant then current SATA and SATAII systems so that can't be a issue you should know that as IT Pro.

Your help is useless not only for me but also for many others having problems with arma, you are only repeating stuff already posted elsewhere in forum or making very superficial assumptions and stating them as facts! Oh man when that is not trolling what than is!?

No, I don't. The simple fact is that I can run the game in high resolutions at high detail and I have no performance problems. I can do this because I have a fairly new rig. Its just common sense. I understand that to play the latest games, I need decent hardware. It's a lesson you have yet to learn whistle.gif

E

PS : It's not my "incompetence". I've been a PC professional for over 15 years. I was only reciting what I had read about hard drive problems. It was not my consensus. You can try to insult me all you want but the simple fact is I am enjoying ArmA everyday and you aren't. I've tried to offer you advice about how to get decent performance but you refuse to see sense. Good luck smile_o.gif

And still there are people with clean, decent, state of the art rigs that still have issues with the game. You are one of the lucky ones that have no problems, thats fine for you, but you can't guaranty that trough buying a new rig I will solve my problems completely because there are many contrary examples. So stating something as fact what is not 100% true is incompetent and that is a fact.

I have 20 Years of experience in development of hardware and software but I am not more competent in solving any problems of Arma cause for that I would need to look in source code and many other things. Only I can tell you this stuff with HDD ATA7 is not a problem cause ATA7 is old UDMA standard for 130MHz UDMA which is less performant then current SATA and SATAII systems so that can't be a issue you should know that as IT Pro.

The point is that the problems people with decent rigs are having will be solved, either by BIS or by cleaning up their respective PCs. I know many people who are running ArmA and not one of them is having any problems with it. It's your choice what hardware you run, my original point stands, irregardless of other people's systems YOU shouldn't expect decent performance. Your Rig is right on the minimum spec line. That means that it will run albeit VERY badly. That's what minimum spec means. You are not in the same boat as most of the others in this forum.

E

Yeah sure Arma is ahead of my ass dudes!

You probably shouldn't be accusing people of trolling buddy icon_rolleyes.gif

It doesn't matter if I am in same boat or not, and you can't say if my problems will be solved or not only BIS can. I think my problems will be solved to my satisfaction, if you don't think that it is your opinion, we will see what future patches will bring.

Definition of decent performance is different for different people it is subjective issue and it is on user to decide if he likes performance or not.

So you are still repeating yourself and you think you prove anything the fact is: it doesn't matter if you prove anything you or me stated here, only what matters is the solution of the problems people have.

So go on and repeat yourself in infinity only to prove nothing! whistle.gif

PS: Yeah judge me only on one bad post, yeah just go on! I have my definition of trolling!

It doesn't matter if I am in same boat or not, and you can't say if my problems will be solved or not only BIS can. I think my problems will be solved to my satisfaction, if you don't think that it is your opinion, we will see what future patches will bring.

Definition of decent performance is different for different people it is subjective issue and it is on user to decide if he likes performance or not.

So you are still repeating yourself and you think you prove anything the fact is: it doesn't matter if you prove anything you or me stated here, only what matters is the solution of the problems people have.

So go on and repeat yourself in infinity only to prove nothing! whistle.gif

PS: Yeah judge me only on one bad post, yeah just go on! I have my definition of trolling!

Yup you're right! Its utterly pointless. You will continue to believe that BIS will write a patch that miraculously makes ArmA run well on inadequate hardware and I'll keep on KNOWING they won't. You say I don't know much about the PC industry icon_rolleyes.gif

And yes, that post fits in perfectly with my definition of "trolling", because it is smile_o.gif

E  goodnight.gif

PS : Since you are here whining all the time, I'm assuming you are not happy with the performance? Subjective is it?

PPS :

Problem : Inadequate Hardware

Solution : Upgrade

Thats it, thats all!