Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
Could this VTOL/STOL system be applied to a V22 Osprey ?

It could, although I still believe that a modified helicopter class would suit the Osprey better. While this system is very precise in a hover it does take some of the challenge out of hovering as you would in a helicopter.

There are also some limitations with the VTOL system that may not be apparent from the video, mainly that you cannot change altitude in a hover unless you are at 0kph forward speed. And its still unclear if the ArmA engine will allow us to animate the tilt rotors which are the distinctive feature of the V-22. Once the tools come out I plan to investigate a bit further

Guest RKSL-Rock

I promised to post a vid in the “aircraft countermeasures†thread but its more relevant here.

This is a 16.4Mb Vid that very quickly demonstrates the Fire Control (FCSS) and Radar Warning (RWR) System.

fcsssplash.gif

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

You can read more about the FCSS at the RKSL Website

NOTE:

- FCSS Stops missile spamming and provides realistic SAM operations

- Installation of RWR system into your own addons is fairly easy just by adding animations and scripts

- The RWR System is embedded into the Aircraft addon and can function without FCSS enabled addons in a limited way warning of launches only.

Wehey! I knew if I aimlessly browsed the internet for long enough I'd find something work watching.  biggrin_o.gif

EDITL: Great stuff. Ingenious as ever.

now that was most realistic AA engagement i have ever seen in-game wow_o.gif

great work thumbs-up.gif

How do they assign priorty? Via distance or some threat level?

Quote[/b] ]How do they assign priorty? Via distance or some threat level?

ATM it's based on proximity and terrain obstruction. But that’s just a precautionary measure, as the scripts are still experimental. We want to gauge their performance based on the feedback we get, from day to day MP and SP missions, before adding extra features.

Cheers

Guest RKSL-Rock
How do they assign priorty? Via distance or some threat level?

UNN is better explaining this but i'll have a try tounge2.gif EDIT ... Talk of the devil!

Expanding on UNN's comment...

Search Radar detects the targets. It passes the info to the nearest F/C Radar Group which queues the targets and passes 1 target at a time to a Launchers.  Which then tracks and engages only that target until it is dead or out of range. Once the target is dead the F/C Radar then gives the launcher the next free target and so on.  

If the Search Radar is destroyed then the F/C Groups will continue to operate without it.  And if the FC radar is destroyed the Launchers then return to single unit operation engaging the closest targets as per normal.

It’s also possible to add multiple F/C Radar & Launcher groups onto the Search radar.  This means a completely realistic Air defence system is possible covering the entire island.

very nice and proffesionaly introduced as always.

i look forward to using this along with the flare chaff script.

Quote[/b] ]How do they assign priorty? Via distance or some threat level?

i have worked on a script myself that .will ask what weaponcargo the plane has and deduces the threat to the protected area.it was fun trying but has no practicle use.

anyway i look forward to the next piece of info keep up the good work

What about that 50 meters things to avoid radar detection, does it mean that if you put it on a hill that it'll only scan 50 meters above that hill or is it 50 meters above ground level? Bah, stupid question, you probably have it covered.

Guest RKSL-Rock
What about that 50 meters things to avoid radar detection, does it mean that if you put it on a hill that it'll only scan 50 meters above that hill or is it 50 meters above ground level? Bah, stupid question, you probably have it covered.

No its as UNN says , its about terrain obstruction.  Think of it as line of sight.  If the unit cant see it then it cant detect it.  Having said that it the SAM's themselves do have a min imum elevation so they may be able to see you but not fire!

Place the radar on an unobstructed hill and it should detect it fine.  But put it behind a hill and it will have a blind spot.

On some desert maps, its almost impossible to approach undetected... I've tried... imagine flying at 2m down a road...  but on most maps it possible to find some terrain to hide behind.

Quote[/b] ]i have worked on a script myself that .will ask what weaponcargo the plane has and deduces the threat to the protected area.it was fun trying but has no practicle use.

I could start a whole new topic based on this alone. Ever since I did my AI observer I've been thinking along these lines.

My crude, layman’s explanation aside. In OFP there was no real sense of objective. Hmm....I mean if the centre of your operations is located at position XY then surely anything heading in that direction is a threat? Even if it's just from an observational (yes that is a word, but I had to check smile_o.gif ) point of view? I was half hoping when I saw the command createCenter, that it would include XY coordinates.

Well perhaps I should add that to the Wiki wish list.

I will leave Rock to answer your particular question about detecting munitions, but I would like to expand on the whole strategic side of things.

Rockape.

Do you have any plans to make any "training" aircraft, fixed and rotary wing?

I would love to see more "training" vehicles in arm a for clans/squads, rather than jumping into a multi million jet (mostly for role play purposes)

A squirrel would be a nice addition smile_o.gif

Nick thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rockape.

Do you have any plans to make any "training" aircraft, fixed and rotary wing?

I would love to see more "training" vehicles in arm a for clans/squads, rather than jumping into a multi million jet (mostly for role play purposes)

A squirrel would be a nice addition smile_o.gif

Nick  thumbs-up.gif

None at all.  I dont see the point of making a trainers unless they are weaponised.  I'm making the Hawk T1 as a favour to someone.  The Hawk 128/T2 will come in UK and OPFOR types but not much else.  And I've got a Tucano and Super Tucano model for CAS platforms.  

I do have some civilain aircraft planned but they are really low priority and really only a side project.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Since GranQ released his Alouette yesterday I’ve been playing with converting some of the current RKSL helos to ArmA:

RAH-66_1.jpg

DOWNLOAD @ RKSL Studios - Video of ALPHA RAH-66 Comanche in ArmA

For those wondering about the release of the model: It’s being used as a test bed right now for some ideas concerning "Stealth" and IR signatures.  I don’t expect it to be released as a complete addon.  For the moment its serving as a guinea pig for experimenting with converting stuff to ArmA.

...You'll be glad to know there is no voice over this time tounge2.gif

Nice very nice.... Did the uk ever plan to buy the Commanche?? And have you seen the trailer for enemy engaged two..... i suspected those commanche's had extra wings on them for some reason.. on the tail crazy_o.gif

...You'll be glad to know there is no voice over this time tounge2.gif

I liked your voice more than the music tounge2.gif

Was nice and clear, even as german i could understand smile_o.gif

Thats a nice commanche, but have you thought about bending the rotor blades a bit upwards to create the impression that there is some weight hanging on the rotor?

Too bad you don't release that as complete addon. Well i'll have to wait for the MAS one biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Nice very nice.... Did the uk ever plan to buy the Commanche?? And have you seen the trailer for enemy engaged two..... i suspected those commanche's had extra wings on them for some reason.. on the tail crazy_o.gif

No the UK was never interested in the Comanche. I started making it because I like unusual aircraft and the DKM Comanche was always one of my favourite Helicopters in OFP.

As far as I know the vertical stab ‘Wings’ were added to the prototypes to improve stability at high speed.

Thats a nice commanche, but have you thought about bending the rotor blades a bit upwards to create the impression that there is some weight hanging on the rotor?

Well its far from finished and there is still a lot of work needed to get it up to scratch.

Too bad you don't release that as complete addon. Well i'll have to wait for the MAS one biggrin_o.gif

I might release it some day but right now non UK aircraft aren’t high in my priorities.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Great Video Rock, thats going to look top when its textured and what not, question abit OT. Whats the soundtrack called? its brilliant  smile_o.gif

Its by Orbital and its called "Technologicque Park" it is a part of the XXX soundtrack.  Cool isnt it :P

Awesome, but I withdrew my comment because my dewbry self never watches the credits roll. But cheers anyways biggrin_o.gif

fantastically polished vid as always rock, the music makes the addon seem so advanced (although that probably the great flying and trackIR as well), what kind of functions and features are planned for your helos?

bootneckofficer