Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Mega!

Are those "snow-shoes" on the skids?

Also, does the AH.9 have FOD & IR kit too? (I'm assuming that's refering to the stuff around the exhausts and under the root of the tail-boom).

appears so - guess they double up well in the sand pit if if the sand is a little too soft.

although I reckon that its pre hidden selection stuff, so that you can add them for snowy islands (if they ever appear)

Fantastic news and great W.I.P shots. thumbs-up.gif

Is the LYNX in real life more agile than the LITTLE BIRD? I know that it's a pretty agile piece of kit but I never would have imagined that it was as agile as the LITTLE BIRD.

Guest RKSL-Rock
although I reckon that its pre hidden selection stuff, so that you can add them for snowy islands (if they ever appear)

Nope its not a hidden selection.

Mega!

Also, does the AH.9 have FOD & IR kit too? (I'm assuming that's refering to the stuff around the exhausts and under the root of the tail-boom).

The "snow shoes" are used to disperse the weight of the aircraft on soft surfaces.  They are used on snow but their primary use is in Iraq on the sand

The AH9s that I’ve been using for reference material all have the FOD (Foreign Object Debris) Filters on the Intakes and the IR Exhaust diffusers (Similar system to the AH-64 exhast filters).

The AN/ALQ-144 ECM beacon is the "thing" under the tail boom.  It works the same as DIRCM (Directed Infra Red Countermeasures) systems used on the Merlin and is versions are used Seaking and Chinook.

Is the LYNX in real life more agile than the LITTLE BIRD? I know that it's a pretty agile piece of kit but I never would have imagined that it was as agile as the LITTLE BIRD.

It is at speed. It is also one of the few helicopters in the world that can "back flip" from 0 speed and a few other things helicopters "aren't supposed to do". biggrin_o.gif

looking very nice, i look forward to your projects smile_o.gif

Mega!

The "snow shoes" are used to disperse the weight of the aircraft on soft surfaces.  They are used on snow but their primary use is in Iraq on the sand

The AH9s that I’ve been using for reference material all have the FOD (Foreign Object Debris) Filters on the Intakes and the IR Exhaust diffusers (Similar system to the AH-64 exhast filters).

The AN/ALQ-144 ECM beacon is the "thing" under the tail boom.  It works the same as DIRCM (Directed Infra Red Countermeasures) systems used on the Merlin and is versions are used Seaking and Chinook.

Cheers mate.

I kind of knew what all the stuff was and what it was for, I just wanted to know if what you were refering too in the descriptions, and what I saw in the pics was what I thought it was.

I asked about the AH9s since you didn't specify the filter/exhaust kit being there like for the AH7s. Do you know what the IRCM kit under the AH9's tail is btw? I've noticed that the 'beacons' are different to those of the usual AN/ALQ-144 beacons I've seen on AH7s, and US Blackhawks, Apaches etc. They look more similar to the DIRCM used on the special models of C-130 in the US and UK (AN/AAQ-24 NEMESIS?) but I haven't read anywhere what the exact CM kit used on AH9s is.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I kind of knew what all the stuff was and what it was for, I just wanted to know if what you were refering too in the descriptions, and what I saw in the pics was what I thought it was.

Yeah sorry I was a bit vague there.

I asked about the AH9s since you didn't specify the filter/exhaust kit being there like for the AH7s.

The reason I didn’t specify anything for the AH9s is that since all the pics of AH9s I’ve got show all the "extra" kit permanently bolted on.  So I’m only going to make 1 version.

Do you know what the IRCM kit under the AH9's tail is btw? I've noticed that the 'beacons' are different to those of the usual AN/ALQ-144 beacons I've seen on AH7s, and US Blackhawks, Apaches etc. They look more similar to the DIRCM used on the special models of C-130 in the US and UK (AN/AAQ-24 NEMESIS?) but I haven't read anywhere what the exact CM kit used on AH9s is.

I’ve seen it fitted with 2 different systems so far the AN/ALQ-144 and something else I can’t identify.  I’ve put a request into some guys I know in Iraq for some detailed pics or at least some more info so if I find out I’ll let you know.

Looking very good on the first public screenshot!

yay.gifyay.gif

This will be another great addon from you guys!

You were mentioning highly agile, and has good top speed... I was wondering how powerfull it was in terms of lift? Because when I fly the cobra to the edge in corners for instance, I loose allot of altitude real fast.

CANT WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT OF THE C130. WILL WE BE ABLE TO USE THEM FOR AIRBORNE OPS? LARGE SCALE PARACHUTE INSERTIONS?

Guest RKSL-Rock
CANT WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT OF THE C130.  WILL WE BE ABLE TO USE THEM FOR AIRBORNE OPS?  LARGE SCALE PARACHUTE INSERTIONS?

All upper case writing is considered shouting, and not very polite on these forums.

I dont know any other reasons for having a C130 in game. We're only interested in making things that we can actually use. There is no point making addons with no real purpose and lets face it a C130 without the ability to do para drops is pretty useless!

How abt a AC130 in stead biggrin_o.gif ( for those sf missions up north)

Guest RKSL-Rock
How abt a AC130 in stead biggrin_o.gif ( for those sf missions up north)

Its not in the main plan.  But you never know.

Allright.

Cant wait for the EH101's (not since i was out in one yay.gif )

Anyway... Keep up the good work!

CANT WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT OF THE C130.  WILL WE BE ABLE TO USE THEM FOR AIRBORNE OPS?  LARGE SCALE PARACHUTE INSERTIONS?

All upper case writing is considered shouting, and not very polite on these forums.

I dont know any other reasons for having a C130 in game.  We're only interested in making things that we can actually use.  There is no point making addons with no real purpose and lets face it a C130 without the ability to do para drops is pretty useless!

new to the forums, roger got it.....caps bad, sarcasm ok. biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
new to the forums, roger got it.....caps bad, sarcasm ok.  biggrin_o.gif

Point to where i was sarcastic?

Hey RockofSL, nice Cessna you got in the works there! biggrin_o.gif

Although, for the nostalgia to reach 100%, it wouldn't be the same if it didn't have OFP's Cessna's white-and-orange-stripes paintjob... But I guess that could come later... Nice work! thumbs-up.gif

Rock isnt working on the Cessna actually... more on the C130 and Lynx right now... I'll take the compliment then biggrin_o.gif

For the Cessna colour scheme, I wasnt playing OFP at that time, so I just used a scheme I saw on a reference pic... sorry for breaking the nostalgia... You'll be able to make reskin requests to me later on (if it's that necessary :P).

Thanks for all the comments so far, and I want to thanks Rock for guiding me in my ArmA adaptation process, now I'll be helping him with the addons smile_o.gif

RKSL ftw!

Nice to see and hear that Rock got some support  smile_o.gif

You´re not forgot UNN   wink_o.gif

It's to late, you can't go editing your post now! My feelings are deeply hurt tounge2.gif

But seriously, we could do with help for all kinds of things, from anyone who is proficent. Dialog and Rtm animations and MP scripting, for example.

Farles is a welcome addition to our team.

Guest RKSL-Rock
It's to late, you can't go editing your post now! My feelings are deeply hurt tounge2.gif

But seriously, we could do with help for all kinds of things, from anyone who is proficent. Dialog and Rtm animations and MP scripting, for example.

Farles is a welcome addition to our team.

What he said! smile_o.gif

We're after specifially:

Texture artists

UV Wrappers

Dialog Makers

and experienced MP scripters!

If you are interested in helping out PM me or UNN and we'll have a chat!

Rock isnt working on the Cessna actually... more on the C130 and Lynx right now... I'll take the compliment then biggrin_o.gif

For the Cessna colour scheme, I wasnt playing OFP at that time, so I just used a scheme I saw on a reference pic... sorry for breaking the nostalgia... You'll be able to make reskin requests to me later on (if it's that necessary :P).

Thanks for all the comments so far, and I want to thanks Rock for guiding me in my ArmA adaptation process, now I'll be helping him with the addons smile_o.gif

RKSL ftw!

Sorry Farles, didn't know you were the author of that Cessna, looks darn good!

I dare say RKSL Studios are going to be the BAS and DKMM of ArmA! notworthy.gif

I do hope that you've already experienced OFP though, it's very well worth the time spent, even now...

And I'll be looking forward to your work! welcome.gif