Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

ah i thought that, never mind iI just alredy want to buy a new graphicks card, cant I fix the problem with downloadeing ati drivers ??

thank you

ah i thought that, never mind iI just alredy want to buy a new graphicks card, cant I fix the problem with downloadeing ati drivers ??

thank you

Drivers wont make your card run the game, you need a better video card. Nvidia 7*** series (or 8*** if you got the money) or ATI X1*** (not x***) series cards are what I would recommend. They are shader model 3, and the Nvidia 8*** series is shader model 4 but too expensive to be worth buying right now.

I would reccomend the ATI x1950 PRO 512mb, as it is said to be performing very well. Its also a relatively cheap card and it recieved great reviews. =)

I've ordered it too, i should be picking it up later tonight smile_o.gif

I would reccomend the ATI x1950 PRO 512mb, as it is said to be performing very well. Its also a relatively cheap card and it recieved great reviews. =)

I've ordered it too, i should be picking it up later tonight smile_o.gif

I got one last week and it runs great, should give another couple of years of life to my system.

Isn't the ATI X2--- coming out in a few weeks? The same source said that it'd be Directx 10.

Anyways, I have a question about the performance. How does the retail version run compared to the demo? Co-op and CTF run fine on low-normal settings, highest AA, at 1024x768. But CTI runs very poor at those settings.

On another note, is it just me, or are the graphics limited in the demo? I had to force AA from my video cards control panel, and the view distance doesn't seem to make any difference. Also when I turn the settings up, my performance doesn't drop much, at all. I think BIS turned off high textures and stuff.

In multiplayer, view distance is defined by the server to keep the playing field even.

No, the graphics settings are not limited.

Actually the viewdisance setting in the demo seems to do nothing at all, not even at the main menu cutscene. Seems like it was fixed at something like 1k in the demo.

My problem is fixed. I talked to my router company and they made me go through my network settings and open up the IP and all the ports and it works now.

-Ziggy- @ Jan. 09 2007,15:08)]New demo build available

Post by Maruk Jan 9

Thanks for the info. Now maybe we can see some CTI games on dedicated servers. CTI will probably still be buggy.

Thanks Maruk + Team smile_o.gif

I've only got one night of gaming then ! sad_o.gif My pc is gonna be away for a couple of days tomorrow getting a new GFX card fitted for this game wink_o.gif

Cheers though! biggrin_o.gif

I dowloaded it today and got an error mex from securom (6000) when launching it ? anyone ??

Has anyone else had a performance improvement with the 5114 build? I read threw the read me and didn't think anything there would help my performance but last night with 8 playing COOP I had my settings at normal to high on everything and wasn't seeing the choppiness or lag. Previously I was keeping things on normal or low just to play with some frame rate drop.

Thanks BIS, keep up the good work. The new build helped me.

My only gripe, and I don't know if this is present in the released game, is when I am in the kneeled posistion and take off running once I stop I will stay in the standing posistion. I wish when you stop running,walking that you would go to your previous posistion. Very annoying to be kneeling, then run for the next wall and be standing up when you stop, having to hit the button to rekneel.

Quote[/b] ]My only gripe, and I don't know if this is present in the released game, is when I am in the kneeled posistion and take off running once I stop I will stay in the standing posistion. I wish when you stop running,walking that you would go to your previous posistion. Very annoying to be kneeling, then run for the next wall and be standing up when you stop, having to hit the button to rekneel.

Yes, its in the full game and yes, I agree. Its quite easy to forget that you are standing up straight when in first person mode.

I've only got one night of gaming then ! sad_o.gif My pc is gonna be away for a couple of days tomorrow getting a new GFX card fitted for this game wink_o.gif

Why don't you put it in yourself? Takes a few minutes.

There seems to be possibility to play SP missions/templates in demo now, but no mission/templates in patch itself. Is there missions to download for demo?

I noticed too that demo runs better now... But i'm not 100 % sure that it's for patch as i've been tweaking my 3D settings.

My only gripe, and I don't know if this is present in the released game, is when I am in the kneeled posistion and take off running once I stop I will stay in the standing posistion. I wish when you stop running,walking that you would go to your previous posistion. Very annoying to be kneeling, then run for the next wall and be standing up when you stop, having to hit the button to rekneel.

Then don't sprint (2xW) but run and it should work just fine.

Sprint is intended to be quite specific movement used only when really fast move is needed but it has got some disadvantages by design.

Yet another update 5116 of ArmADemo

I would say it's an important update for any dedicated server host with the Demo due to improved performance and stability.

You may also like it on the clients as despite some glitches it should run quite well.

Any performance comparisons 5116 vs. previous versions on clients and servers are interesting.

Yet another update 5116 of ArmADemo

I would say it's an important update for any dedicated server host with the Demo due to improved performance and stability.

You may also like it on the clients as despite some glitches it should run quite well.

Any performance comparisons 5116 vs. previous versions on clients and servers are interesting.

The link still says "5114". I think you should correct that.

Here is the correct download link.

Just downloaded demo 5116 and got an error dialogue "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha", previous releases have worked fine.

P4 3.2

1024 Mb

6600GT

PH

The link still says "5114". I think you should correct that.

Here is the correct download link.

Thank you for heads up. I fixed that.

Why don't you put it in yourself? Takes a few minutes.

I got a bloke i know who has a spare PC case, i had to get a bigger case to get the card in wink_o.gif So its all gotta be put back together and ive not tried assembling a PC before so the easiest ( and laziest yay.gif ) option was to give it to him

</offtopic>

----------------------------

And wow two patches in two days! Hard at work BIS? wink_o.gif or you finished doing a nice full game patch and taking a break wink_o.gif hehe

I cant test it unfortunately but the fix list looks very promising especially the CPU Optimisation biggrin_o.gif (Maybe this is why some people claim that ArmA runs better on the full version for some?)

Keep it up BIS biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Error 5116 :

'bin\config.bin/RSCDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/Ca_valuesRoles.ColorPlayer'

Error 5116 :

'bin\config.bin/RSCDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/Ca_valuesRoles.ColorPlayer'

Got the same error, but I can play without problem.