Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

Demo Troubleshooting thread.

Any one have a guess? The demo loads but won't start.

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.exe

Exe version: Sat Dec 23 18:56:44 2006

Cannot register unknown string STR_MSG_RESTART_NEEDED

=======================================================

Date: 12/25/06 Time: 10:14:47

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004DE230

Version 1.03.5109

Fault address: 004DE230 01:000DD230 C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.exe

file:

world: SaraLite

Prev. code bytes: 8D 44 01 01 89 85 14 FF FF FF 8B 85 14 FF FF FF

Fault code bytes: 0F BE 00 85 C0 0F 84 05 04 00 00 FF B5 14 FF FF

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:01ECDAD4 EDX:00000000

ESI:00BEB215 EDI:01ECDE4C

CS:EIP:001B:004DE230

SS:ESP:0023:01ECD88C EBP:01ECDB48

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010246

AMD 3700

2 Gb ram

Abit K8U MoBo

ATI X800xt

Errr.........Installed, started up, working fine, played with settings, still working fine (at title screen), went to edit my user profile, clicked profile pressed load, and bam.....out to desktop. Restarted, immediately it gets to the menu screen, bam, out to desktop. Tried several times. Completely uninstalled, reinstalled, same problem.... confused_o.gif

I'm guessing its some kind of stored setting given that i've seen the game work on my PC, but since i got that CTD its stopped working.

AMD XP 2800+ 1.5ghz RAM, 7600gt GFX card, SBlive SFX card, win XP, DX9c.

Edit: Never mind. Found the user profile and deleted it, it now works. Question: What is the sense in storing it in my documents/arma demo? Put it in the bloody ArmA root for F's sake!

I find that more and more games store there profile in this dir..

BTW I seem to have a similar problem. I have to delete my profile everytime I want to play or I get a CTD on loading the game demo. It's quite maddening to discover since it would play fine the first time I installed it. I figured this out by un-installing it and removed all the associated files and then re-iinstalling. When it worked I decided that the only changes that were made was to the profile; remove the profile and it works again.

Anyone else have this problem? banghead.gif

@KAOSInc

You can look at the player list (P by default) while in game to review their stats and kick/ban them.

Thanks...vote to kick would be better as the Host could be on the other team and not care about an idiot helping him.

Another thing was....whilst playing the game, there are occasionally annoying voices &/or their mic is way too loud when using their mics. Is there a way to block the mic use so you don't have to listen to them? I asked one guy repeatedly to turn his mic down and I was ignored to the extent that I had to leave.  crazy_o.gif

@ Bigrocs

Me too i got the same error problem but with the full game but i don't know how to fix it so a buy a game that i cannot play for now at least.

Any one have a guess? The demo loads but won't start.

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.exe

Exe version: Sat Dec 23 18:56:44 2006

Date: 12/25/06 Time: 10:14:47

Version 1.03.5109

Fault address: 004DE230 01:000DD230 C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA Demo\ArmADemo.exe

file:

Registers:

ESI:00BEB215 EDI:01ECDE4C

AMD 3700

2 Gb ram

Abit K8U MoBo

ATI X800xt

that same problem like me and you have only that same procesor amd other i have diffrent my amd 3200+

Is it possible to change the viewdistance in the Demo..? Mine just stays on 1200 even when I try to change it..

I join a coop server, play, get killed, and then while choosing weps before the round, I select a wep like the SAW and the M9, and it takes about 5 minutes before anything shows up on my loadout, and a8nother 7.5 for ammo. 50% of the time after I've clicked on the wep and dragged/ pressed "take" I wait 5 minutes and then I crash to desktop to the "ArmA demo has encountered a problem...." windows bullshit.

Any fixes/remedies yet?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

2.21 GHz, 1 Gig RAM

nVidia 7600 GS with all updated drivers etc...

I join a coop server, play, get killed, and then while choosing weps before the round, I select a wep like the SAW and the M9, and it takes about 5 minutes before anything shows up on my loadout, and a8nother 7.5 for ammo. 50% of the time after I've clicked on the wep and dragged/ pressed "take" I wait 5 minutes and then I crash to desktop to the "ArmA demo has encountered a problem...." windows bullshit.

Any fixes/remedies yet?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

2.21 GHz, 1 Gig RAM

nVidia 7600 GS with all updated drivers etc...

The "take lag" is just that, lag. There are not enough dedicated servers to meet the demands, which means there are players with 300kbs dsl trying to host 20+ people... Not going to happen!

- dRB

first of all, hi everyone, i'm new here.

and, i've got some problem with the demo, hope you can help me.

so, i downloaded the demo, installed and, boom, when i try to open the game i see this coming up.

my pc.

Service pack 2

G-force 6600 GT

1.8 Ghz Amd

1.5 Gb Ram

8 Gb free space on my HD (i know, that's not much but for christmas i get a new one)

what can i do, i donloaded 3 times from 3 different site, and for 3 times the SAME problem, what's that ??.

thx in advance

p.s. pls, help huh.gif

Is your problem it solved? because I have the same problem.

thanks goodnight.gif

whistle.gif modified

Found another 2 Bugs...

1/ Not a big deal, but when you depart a vehicle which is out of Fuel/Ammo, your character still stays in the red. Still the same as OFP which didn't get fixed then.

2/ CTF...behind where the US 5t Truck is parked, there is scaffolding leading to a rooftop. I went up there but couldn't get off again. Other rooftops you can just walk off. Because your weapons don't respawn(something in which should have a time limit), things like the AT3 will be left up there until the game ends.

Hi,

Am suffering terrible performance on my system with the demo.

Intel Pentium 840D @ 3.2 Ghz

XP Media Edition SP2 all up-to-date

EVGA GeForce 7950 GX  1G mem on 6.14.10.9371 nvidia drivers (and before someone chips in, yep I have enough power (700W), and stacks of cooling too)(in single display mode)

C-Media (5.12.1.8)

2048 M's DDR. matched pairs

DirectX 9.0c (latest update ('Dec 06 sometime)

I've tried every combination of setting imaginable  (started on lowest and slowly worked my way up). Playing at 1024 res @75Hz. Perversely the game preformance improved as I increased the setting to v.high (excepting the shadows which bring everything to a grinding halt above low. I'd say I average 25-30 frames, but quickly fall off to 5-10 once the vehicles appear....

On the coop mission for 8 players everything seems just about playable until I get into town, when things get really choppy. In the larger 64 player maps things really go to pot - esp when i get into a chopper.

Questions are:

1) Why such a miserable performance? I think I exceed the mininum spec.... (no probs on any other games I have at running max settings (the old OFP with FFUR & max settings runs like a dream(ok except the terrain (hey who can run that at max with a full war?!wink_o.gif)

2) I usually have the nvidia control panel set for high preformance (also tried it at quality with no discernable dif in fps) I have the AA & AF set to 'Application', and vsync 'off': given that my pref actually seems to improve as I raise the AA/AF in game : is there any advantage in setting these via the control panel rathger than letting the game manage the settings?

3) Is the preformance of the game in demo directly comparable to the finished version? Or Am I hitting a wall from the dual core limitations of the game? (if so I'm scrapping any plans top buy the game)

Many thanks for any advice that doesn't cost me more money wink_o.gif

MSI K7N2 Delta2 Motherboard w/NForce Chipset (v. 5.10 which was the last update available)

AMD Athalon 2800+ (Barton Core) Windows Reported Speed: 2.08 GHz

1GB Kingston System Ram (Running in duel mode)

ATI Raedon 9800pro AGP x8 Video Card w/ 128MB of Ram (Catalyst 6.9)

Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Sound Card (Drivers up to date as of 12-07-06)

Not sure if this one has been mentioned or not but I get no sounds other than the "wildlife" in vehicles. Noticed this in both the Blackhawk Helicopter and the Abrams on the CTI Map.

Also, I was hoping that someone was finally going to get something right about the AT4(M136). It's a fire and drop weapon. Not reloaded in the field. banghead.gif

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

EDIT: System spec's modified to comply with earlier request by Placebo.

Second EDIT: As to the AT4 I would direct your attention here

Ok guys. If you have trouble with start the demo you see only checkbox and nothing more. I have to you help. Me too i have this problem today i format my disc C: and reinstall windows then i install new dx new gfx driver and OpenAL. Than i install demo and ITS RUN!!!

Great.

I am getting some securom error message, too. Never been able to run any of securom-ruined games. Hopefully there will be proper release from BIS, or somebody rips that bugger from the demo.

It would have been nice if it was noted somewhere that there is securom on the demo, so people don't waste time downloading almost 900 megabytes.

To anyone having the "can host but can't join" problem:

I haven't found a fix yet, but a rather peculiar anomaly - when I host a game on LAN from my laptop, my desktop can join without issue.

Sorry - it's still not a fix, but it is some new information.

Hi everyone, long time viewer first time poster.

I'm ok with the performance I get out of the game with my system,

but I seem to be plagued by frequent and random crashes to desktop.

These crashes typically happen when fiddeling around in various mp lobbys. Not in the actual game. Does anyone else have this?

And for the love of god BI, show me the ping times to servers in the serverlist instead of those damn blocks representing "connection quality" to the host.

Another question, the post-processing effects, you can set them to low, but is there any way to shut them off completely? My graphics card suffers too much performance from applying HDR effects.

The filter does not seem to work properly - when specifying maximum ping say for instance - 50, then go into the server and I'm pinging over 300 - is quite annoying.

Lots of games I try to join and is says it loses the session.

A few ctd for no particular reason.

When firing a minigun from chopper in cti it carries on showing that its firing even when I have stopped firing.

Sound goes pretty funny at times.

Settings are all on normal no aa no af, 1024x768.

Specs:

athlon 3500 @ 2.37ghz

ATI x850xt slightly overclocked

1gb ram 2-2-2-5 and 1t command rate

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Using cat 6.10 drivers, latest via 4 in 1, 2mb adsl

By the way. When is the Dedicated Server for the DEMO coming?

Anyone got a date? I know i've seen people stating "tomorrow" way earlier. Anyone got word?

There was one 'official' word from Placebo (i think it was him who i saw quoted) ages ago that it could be 'tomorrow' but it never came... But theres been no news since and i think Placebo was just giving a rough guess... But that was like a week ago...

Really hope its soon tho sad_o.gif

I have two PCs here.

The first is an AMD3500/2gigRAM/GForce7900GS-256mb running Windows XP64bit. This runs the Demo no probs.

Then I copied the Demo setup file to my other pc : AMDAthlon2400/512MB/GForce6800LE-128mb running Windows XP32bit.

On this machine (as with some other people here) the demo installs but refuses to launch. It shows the panel with tickbox's then gives a windows error, which I have Included below. I have updated my GFX drivers to latest. I have Installed the August 2006 DX update, and then the December 2006 update. I have also tried putting the DX9 dll in the ArmAdemo folder, but nothing works. just keeps on giving me this error. I am at my wits end. I understand this is a bad time to be trying to get some help for the demo from the BI guys. When ever you official guys can shed some light on this it will be much appreciated wink_o.gif

Well happy Christmas guys, have a good one.

Cheers

Sean

Contents of ArmADemo.RPT :

== C:\Program Files\Games\ArmADemo\ArmADemo.exe

Exe version: Sat Dec 23 18:38:37 2006

Date: 12/23/06 Time: 19:08:14

Version 1.03.5109

Fault address: 004DE230 01:000DD230 C:\Program Files\Games\ArmADemo\ArmADemo.exe

file:

Registers:

ESI:00BEB215 EDI:01ECDD64

I Fixed My Demo Not Starting Problem

For me it was caused by my nForce2 drivers not being installed properly. When I went to uninstall my old nForce drivers I got an error message saying

"RUNDLL

--------

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\NVINSTNT.dll

The specified module could not be found"

so I redownloaded the latest nForce2 drivers, installed them, uninstalled them and reinstalled them once more. The reason for the multiple uninstall/install was because you should always remove a driver before updating it, which I could not do initially.

anyway, hope some of you other guys can fix the "wont start" error with this info.

Make sure you update all your drivers :- reinstalling Windows is for the weak biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Awesome! Is this new build fully compatible with the old build?

Is there a changelog somewhere?

Edit: The only change (according to readme) seem to be that now we can host dedicated servers with the new exe build.

I was hoping for more bugfixes, but this alone is great news!!

Maruk did say 'it should fix all your problems'

Remember this is not an executable PATCH, just paste it over your original exe in your ArmA demo folder. smile_o.gif

Tried running I got this:

---------------------------

ArmA Demo

DXT1..DXT5 support missing.

OK  

What's that mean?

Specs:

Pentium 4 CPU 3.00ghz (2CPUs)

1022mb RAM