Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

FAO BIS - FEATURE REQUEST

-Ah, shit. I dropped the pencil-

God damnit, wait a month or two for tools.

confused_o.gif

Who says the tools will be released in a month or 2?

You the project manager of BIS, like?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a thread - don't do it. This is a petition thread, not a discussion of mod tools that may or may not be suitable for public consumption. I'm only asking for one animation ffs, not HAL9000 AI.

Ok, then let's have a million threads saying "Why doesn't we have that?" and "Why doesn't we have those?".

I'm sure that's alot better.

There already are a million threads asking for bug fixes, missing items etc. Have you not noticed??

But this is a petition, which is different. Look, I'm not wanting to be an asshole about this but ffs you do not want to piss off animators and modellers of Mig & General's calibre by ignoring us. Me, well I'm just a scripter.

Whether or not this request is acted upon by BIS is a matter for them. Just as whether or not Mig, Grabarz, General & I take our custom elsewhere to a competing product if we are ignored is up to us nener.gif

Signed.

But only the 'strokefist' animation and 'weapon' as its not just for this mod, but can be used in the standard game as well, and can be used in certain other mods. (philcommando used it in a clever way in that sowrdfighting mod thing)

Quote[/b] ]God damnit, wait a month or two for tools.

I think he's got a point. If you wait for the tools, then you can put it in yourself and all the zombie anims from HP3. The running, walking, eating, etc. smile_o.gif

I didn't like the zombies running like civilians. whistle.gif

-Ah, shit. I dropped the pencil-

God damnit, wait a month or two for tools.

confused_o.gif

Who says the tools will be released in a month or 2?

You the project manager of BIS, like?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to a thread - don't do it. This is a petition thread, not a discussion of mod tools that may or may not be suitable for public consumption. I'm only asking for one animation ffs, not HAL9000 AI.

Ok, then let's have a million threads saying "Why doesn't we have that?" and "Why doesn't we have those?".

I'm sure that's alot better.

In this topic we are only asking for an integrated standstrokefist animation wich is something that was already part of ofp game since the very begining. We are not asking nothing for ourselves, see... As i said before, this animation is generalist and not zombie related. We need lots of zombie animations for Unified Zombie Mod and Farmland, but we will wait for the tools, as the other comunity addonmakers, and then we'll make them, better, our animator man, Maccollo (aka general), will do that as long as we put our hands in those tools. Mac is ready to produce those animations using Maya...

*Signs*

ArmA is a game after all, and zombie missions were great fun in between the series COOP battles and leagues =)

*signed*

Or maybe you could even create an official zombie attack animation BIS.

you do not want to piss off animators and modellers of Mig & General's calibre by ignoring us.

Pretty good friend with MiG since being webmaster of Farmland.

General I've knewn since I was 7, and we're still in the same school wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Me, well I'm just a scripter.

Maybe you are, but you still do one hell of a job wink_o.gif

And I'm not ignoring you, I'm just saying: Wait a while, when BIS got tools released and all. Then it's probably gonna be dead-easy to do anything for ArmA.

Right?

you do not want to piss off animators and modellers of Mig & General's calibre by ignoring us.

Pretty good friend with MiG since being webmaster of Farmland.

General I've knewn since I was 7, and we're still in the same school wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Me, well I'm just a scripter.

Maybe you are, but you still do one hell of a job wink_o.gif

And I'm not ignoring you, I'm just saying: Wait a while, when BIS got tools released and all. Then it's probably gonna be dead-easy to do anything for ArmA.

Right?

When I said "you don't want to ignore us", I meant BIS ignoring us, which they seem to be doing.

Not even a cheep from placebo or Maruk saying "we'll look into it"... yeah great stuff guys, says a lot about you, really. Bit of feedback would be nice to your loyal fans who have signed???

As far as I know Placebo is off-duty since a few days ago and I doubt anyone else will make a statement.

Ach well I hope they answer in the new year biggrin_o.gif

It can wait, of course, I'm not Bill Gates.... thumbs-up.gif

Not even a cheep from placebo or Maruk saying "we'll look into it"... yeah great stuff guys, says a lot about you, really. Bit of feedback would be nice to your loyal fans who have signed???

Believe it or not, BI have better things to do than trawl the forums looking for everyones feature requests wink_o.gif

It's been stated several times that the best way to achieve things like this is to list them in the bugs/wishlist pages on the biki, where the staff at BI DO actually look for suggestions and whatnot. smile_o.gif

Believe it or not, BI have better things to do than trawl the forums looking for everyones feature requests wink_o.gif

It's been stated several times that the best way to achieve things like this is to list them in the bugs/wishlist pages on the biki, where the staff at BI DO actually look for suggestions and whatnot. smile_o.gif

You have a very smart mouth. Sorry, and you are?? This is the 2nd time you've jumped into this thread and contributed feck all I don't know already.

I don't see petitions being allowed on the BIKI, and thats what this is, a petition. Now, I'm leveraging people power here, hopefully if BIS see that there is a demand they will do something. Even a "zombie mod - get to f***" statement will do, as we say in Glasgow

Blackdog - ladder climbing anims? I'll check them out. Cheers

I could get all uppity and flame, but its just not the time of year smile_o.gif

My point was, you were "whineing" (whatever) that no one from BI had even posted with any sort of response. Thats because they've said over and over that any features or "bugs" should go on the wishlist/buglist in the biki. Which is a place they actively check for this sort of stuff, and not trawling through the billion and one pages of forum.

You can always LINK this topic to your request on the biki. Infact, because its THAT time of year, I might go and do it for you xmas_o.gif

Edit: Merry Xmas

I could get all uppity and flame, but its just not the time of year smile_o.gif

My point was, you were "whineing" (whatever) that no one from BI had even posted with any sort of response. Thats because they've said over and over that any features or "bugs" should go on the wishlist/buglist in the biki. Which is a place they actively check for this sort of stuff, and not trawling through the billion and one pages of forum.

You can always LINK this topic to your request on the biki. Infact, because its THAT time of year, I might go and do it for you xmas_o.gif

Edit: Merry Xmas

Serial Killer has required the punch animation already, in that wiki wishlist...

Merry Christmas xmas_o.gif

When I said "you don't want to ignore us", I meant BIS ignoring us, which they seem to be doing.

You really think they actually gives a shit?

Come on, they've got a job to do...

(Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your zombie-party)

tounge2.gif

JW

wink_o.gif

* SIGNED *

BIS, please implement the STANDSTROKEFIST animation in the next ArmA patch.

Please.

What kind of zombies are they going to be? Shamblers? (like Dawn of the Dead), Runners? (like 28 days later), Brain Eaters (like Night of the Living Dead)? Wierd mutant Zombies (Like Resident Evil)?

I like the idea of a zombie mod, but want to know what type they will be, or if module creators will have the ability to modify them. Also will they have virus capabilities (ie they infect players who become zombies themselves). Now that would be nasty, a co-op game turned mad blood fest as players are turned into zombies and attack their former teammates...

Oh well I like the idea so put me down as

-Signed