Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Even more updates. I have finally got the M4A1 able to fire. It uses standard BIS 30rnd STANAG magazines (with the M4A1 sound from the OFP pack). I am however still having issues with the SJB M4A1 magazines (which aren't a necessity with the way ArmA magazines aren't as restrictive with the firing modes etc as the OFP versions were, but if I get them functioning correctly, I can get the other weapons to work too - weapons that don't have core equivelants).

EDIT 1:<s>I only have one minor issue though, and thats the zasleh (muzzle-flash) not being shiny, but instead its black. It still hase the alpha channel, but instead of being the bright golden flash it was in OFP, instead its just black.</s>

EDIT 2:I've solved the zasleh problem (simply had to remove the 'shining' property of the zasleh - Thanks Frandsen).

With help from various people, I've got the 3d ironsights working for the new M4A1 model (which I've begun to work on further from the development kit I've been working on for the last few months on and off). Check out the image below:

m4a1_3dirons_arma.jpg

WOW im stunned.... for what we can do atm your doing well. Keep it up mister.

Regards HH smile_o.gif

Sorry if i state the obvious but you know the texture count will be trippled, right (normal, diffuse)? I don't wanna spoil your fun but iirc every weapon in your old pack had a great amount of textures, so are you gonna have to remake, merge and remap or... crazy_o.gif Just curious because it could be a real VRAM killer if your not careful.

jackal you're so p0rn wink_o.gifrofl.gif

nice man nice notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

ehm about the weapons not shooting, maybe it's because the mags aren't config properly?

because weaponsmags now have their own class.

just was a quick thought.

thumbs-up.gif

if you need some help, you know where to find me welcome.gif

gotta try myself if I can get the HK416 into ArmA whistle.gif

Hi, good job Jackal, that sight is pimp; but i think that the front iron sight looks too conical and too blured, it should have less blur

; but it still looking good. Let's C ya

Sorry if i state the obvious but you know the texture count will be trippled, right (normal, diffuse)? I don't wanna spoil your fun but iirc every weapon in your old pack had a great amount of textures, so are you gonna have to remake, merge and remap or... crazy_o.gif Just curious because it could be a real VRAM killer if your not careful.

Well, I'm not going to need bump/normal maps for every texture (as the metal effect can be done with the cfgmaterials jazz). I'm only going to need normals primarily for engraved parts (such as the receiver). I will more than likely add them to other parts as well, so I will begin to look at the mergetexture tool in O2 that Nephilim first pointed out to me.

Hi, good job Jackal, that sight is pimp; but i think that the front iron sight looks too conical and too blured, it should have less blur

; but it still looking good. Let's C ya

Well, the entire screenshot looks blurred, but ingame its not. I think its an issue with using printscreen ingame, and it not capturing the sharpness correctly (happened to me in OFP too, but I always used to use the sharpen tools in Photoshop to maintain the sharp edges).

In talks with Kyle_Sarnik and SniperWolf512, as well as reading various threads on this board, it seems that weapons can indeed use proxies, which will cut file-sizes tremendously - would only need one base model for example the M4A1, then the optics and any other attachments etc. could simply be proxy models (which could also be used on other weapons) and could be added that way, instead of having ~100 models for one type of weapon in a lot of configurations. However, as we are yet to find out where BIS define the weapon configs (in terms of model configs, not the cfgweapons section), we're still in the dark as to how these are defined. I will begin experimenting on the model front, but without the necessary config knowledge to code it correctly, it'll be a dead end until further documentation of how ArmA's model configs actually work is released, its not going to get far [/hint@BIS]

Well this should mean we no longer have a 300mb file but closer to say 150mb? I take it your over the moon with the proxies too

The laser looks a bit big on the picture showing the iron sights.

Wip i know!

wink_o.gif

Wip i know!

wink_o.gif

And you have experience firing m4's with us made PAC4's? Exactly

Wip i know!

wink_o.gif

do you allways complain about things negativly

Wip i know!

wink_o.gif

Is there a positive way to complain about things?

Anyway, I've updated the scaling of the base M4A1 model, and in the coming days/weeks will continue work on the models. For now, I am going to work on the theory that I can't get Proxies on weapons to work (without a sample model config I can't) so will make the seperate models. When Oxygen 2 is released (hopefully soon) as well as more information on model configs (and getting proxies to work on weapon models), I will cross the bridge of making the proxy models for the different optics etc.

In the meantime, her are some new screenshots of the M4A1 showing the updated scaling and positioning.

M4A1 Screenshots (386kb)

Wip i know!

wink_o.gif

Is there a positive way to complain about things?

Anyway, I've updated the scaling of the base M4A1 model, and in the coming days/weeks will continue work on the models. For now, I am going to work on the theory that I can't get Proxies on weapons to work (without a sample model config I can't) so will make the seperate models. When Oxygen 2 is released (hopefully soon) as well as more information on model configs (and getting proxies to work on weapon models), I will cross the bridge of making the proxy models for the different optics etc.

In the meantime, her are some new screenshots of the M4A1 showing the updated scaling and positioning.

M4A1 Screenshots (386kb)

Scaling is way better. Wish we could see this in OFP.

I've just uploaded a short video of the M4A1 in action (check out the working ejection port wink_o.gif )

Right-click the following link and select 'Save-As':

Video

OMG i love you, i want to have dozends of modding children with you inlove.gif

lol.. maybe thats too much of fanaticism rofl.gif

awesome work as usual notworthy.gif

Thats awesome, well done. Once the Tools come out will you be able to correctly position the hand? I'm not much in the know for moding, so this is a serious question. I'm excited, will be even better when BIS opens the flood gates and releases the Tools.

Looks good. I'm not really that critical of a person, It's just annoying when people who have no idea what they are talking about comment on something such as that. Just because you think it looks big doesn't mean it's not that big in real life.

It look great Jackal ! Thanks to ppl like you this gamer gona be huge !!

Ps. hopefuly someone will sort out the shell problem. Am I only one who can't watch them stops on invisible wall 10 inches from ejector and go verticaly down.

Looks good.  I'm not really that critical of a person, It's just annoying when people who have no idea what they are talking about comment on something such as that.  Just because you think it looks big doesn't mean it's not that big in real life.

fairplay to you

Ps. hopefuly someone will sort out the shell problem. Am I only one who can't watch them stops on invisible wall 10 inches from ejector and go verticaly down.

Thats just a problem with the memory points being in the wrong place (well, more a problem of the points having different names in Armed Assault). Until the tools are released and/or the selection/point names are made public, it will have to stop like that.

Thats just a problem with the memory points being in the wrong place (well, more a problem of the points having different names in Armed Assault). Until the tools are released and/or the selection/point names are made public, it will have to stop like that.

Im glad that You also see the problem and know the way how to fix it. Sooner or later You proly gona make it look as it should be thumbs-up.gif