Sign in to follow this  
Renegade87

Problem patching german download version

have the German download version of the game and when i try to install the 1.02 patch it gives me errors saying files are incorrect:

Error found in file AddOns\air.pbo (ec5156w2!=65412011)

Error found in file AddOns\buildings.pbo (04d06910!=10e4d4f8)

Error found in file AddOns\Anims.pbo (b247ef93!=7488334a)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.02...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably damaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\air.pbo, phase 1.

I saw 1 other thread that mentioned something similair but that person had a crashed copy of ArmA still running in the background, i do not.

What can i do??

I've tried, completely uninstalling the game, made a fresh install, in a fresh folder, and the patch still says the same thing.

nope complelty reinsatlled the game and deleted the BI folder after uninstalling so the edited files were gone

nope complelty reinsatlled the game and deleted the BI folder after uninstalling so the edited files were gone

I'm having the same problem. I just thought that it might have had something to do with it.

i have german DVD-Version and the same problems during patching german patch 1.02. Some error-messages. Now I cant play anymore. I hope for resolutions next days or I sell it on ebay.

Regards

Hey you guys, I dont think you can update the download version of Armed Assault. There is some other ways of updating. I would suggest you dont rush at trying to install the patch. I too have the downloaded version. waiting for instructions of how to update it.

Hey you guys, I dont think you can update the download version of Armed Assault. There is some other ways of updating. I would suggest you dont rush at trying to install the patch. I too have the downloaded version. waiting for instructions of how to update it.

I think you're correct. IIRC, StarForce protected games require a specific patch to update the necessary drivers when the game files are updated. Since the retail boxed version, and the downloaded version contain different copy protection schemes, it seems sonly reasonable that seperate patches are needed.

EDIT:

Of course this didn't seem to apply to 1.01. So....

Renegade, I had the same problem than you but somehow I've just been able to patch it. I think the patch is universal, for all version. I ended up un-installing the game, deleting the BIS folder and rebooting. The English patch no doubt altered some of the files.

I ended up re-installing after fresh reboot, didn't start Arma and it patched successfully. *BUT ATTENTION: IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO PATCH, AND FOR MANY MANY MINUTES THE TASK WAS SHOWING AS 'NOT RESPONDING' - Be patient, it'll eventually pop up and say it was patched successfully. I'm now able to play it, except it's in German. I have to see if the *english patch*(thxs Sickboy) is out.

You may want to contact Metaboli and request a new serial now, as they take awile to respond. Good luck!!

@ Dec. 16 2006' date='04:59)']Renegade, I had the same problem than you but somehow I've just been able to patch it. I think the patch is universal, for all version. I ended up un-installing the game, deleting the BIS folder and rebooting. The English patch no doubt altered some of the files.

I ended up re-installing after fresh reboot, didn't start Arma and it patched successfully. *BUT ATTENTION: IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO PATCH, AND FOR MANY MANY MINUTES THE TASK WAS SHOWING AS 'NOT RESPONDING' - Be patient, it'll eventually pop up and say it was patched successfully. I'm now able to play it, except it's in German. I have to see if the *english patch*(thxs Sickboy) is out.

You may want to contact Metaboli and request a new serial now, as they take awile to respond. Good luck!!

Hmm, patches normally overwrite any previous files. I do see how the English patch could conflict with said alteration. Any altered files should normally just be replaced with new ones included with the patch.

I'll wait and see if your solution fixes the problem.

have the German download version of the game and when i try to install the 1.02 patch it gives me errors saying files are incorrect:

Error found in file AddOns\air.pbo (ec5156w2!=65412011)

Error found in file AddOns\buildings.pbo (04d06910!=10e4d4f8)

Error found in file AddOns\Anims.pbo (b247ef93!=7488334a)

Patch file is probably damaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\air.pbo, phase 1.

I saw 1 other thread that mentioned something similair but that person had a crashed copy of ArmA still running in the background, i do not.

What can i do??

I've tried, completely uninstalling the game, made a fresh install, in a fresh folder, and the patch still says the same thing.

I have morphicon Ger-download version 1.01 of Arma (clean, no language patches etc modifications or addons)

When installing the ger-patch 1.02 I get errors in:

ca.pbo

weapons.pbo

air.pbo

...when i skip those files the patch-program says something = "patch file corrupted...bla bla" and download it again, done that and no go.

Must be something that downloaded version requires own patch...

Gonna buy the eng-box version when it´s released...42€ wasted

Looks like some others have same problem.

confused_o.gif

I got my game working whit the 1.02 patch i just reinstalled the game and then patched it. Works perfectly

I got my game working whit the 1.02 patch i just reinstalled the game and then patched it. Works perfectly

You got it to work by reinstalling , which problem? problem with cd-key or those "corrupted files" errors? (ca.pbo weapons.pbo etc)?

...hope it´s the last option.

Yep, there´s defenitely a glitch in the morphicon downloaded version 1.01 of ArmA:

I even REINSTALLED Windows and then installed Arma 1.01, after that tried to install patch 1.02 and I STILL GET THIS:

------------------Patcher window------------------------

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.01...

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (96f6ae05!=8014cea0)

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file CAMPAIGNS\ca.pbo, phase 1.

-------------------------

patch.log reads:

File D:\ArmA\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.tmp: bad checksum: 242038073 (expected=242038078)

File D:\ArmA\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.tmp: bad checksum: 242038073 (expected=242038078)

--------------------------

I´ve downloaded the patch 2 times and tried = no help.

Let´s hope morphicon addresses this issue soon...and for example makes Arma (patched 1.02v allready)available as a downloaded version...man this sucks!

There goes those 3 cd-keys...1 installation left.

I did have errors but that was because i had realisticsound mod installed and the german to english thing installed so after reinstall patch workt

Have you guys tried to re-download the patch? and from another source?

@ Dec. 16 2006' date='04:59)']Renegade, I had the same problem than you but somehow I've just been able to patch it. I think the patch is universal, for all version. I ended up un-installing the game, deleting the BIS folder and rebooting. The English patch no doubt altered some of the files.

Hmm, patches normally overwrite any previous files. I do see how the English patch could conflict with said alteration. Any altered files should normally just be replaced with new ones included with the patch.

I'll wait and see if your solution fixes the problem.

Thats not how the patches work for ArmA, the patches 1.01 and 1.02 update some pretty huge PBO files which is why the install takes awhile.

Tried downloading the patch from other sites.

I´ll send some mail to morphicon, since i believe that im not the only one with this problem.

I've got confirmation from two of the 16AAers that their download version has patched correctly, they did the following:

Uninstalled the language patch

Patched to 1.02

Used new language patch

- all worked.

Failing that, the uninstall, reinstall then patch also worked.

Tried all that...no help.

I´m downloading the game files again, maybe I´ve got a rotten installation files (doubt that)

WTF!!! im downloading the game files for the 2ND time and the metaboli download window claims I´ve used all my 3 downloads!!!!

Heres the message: Nombre maximum de téléchargements atteint!

Does it really mean it???...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It´s just that one file (ca.pbo v1.01)...I guess no one would send me that 1 file...??? h e e e e e e l p !!....

banghead.gif

I had the same problem.. All I did was reinstall the game without uninstalling or deleting the original folder.. Patched it and re-entered my cd key.. all worked fine..

Maybe someone entered their activation key instead of the cd key?

I have a solution works for me (pbo error messages)

-unpack all pbo´s from DVD to addon folder

-use winzip as standard unpacker (not winrar)!!

-install the 1.02 patch to 1.00 Version of ArmA.

Regards

Despite my avatar name i´m not a noob, (just a twisted jokename, sorry real noobies)

The activation key doesn´t fit in installation key field...doh!

Can someone check if the filesize of my CA.PBO is correct?,plz.

my ca.pbo = 115 255 925

(that is v1.01)

6th hour with this problem, xmas getting closer and no way getting any help from metaboli support (mail sent - no response)...snafu indeed...

I have got exactly the same problem as the first post, all the.pbo files come uo listed as having errors,I've tried every combination of install/patch/reinstall you can think of

This is not limited to the download version mine is the german DVD version!

Don't bother trying to d/l from different locations for the patch or a new d/l copy of the game its clearly a bug in the 1.02 patch . Why it works for some and not for others - who knows, perhaps the people who tested this patch also tested BF2142 patches banghead.gif

Its simple..

the patch needs the original, not edited pbos to patch.

It can only overwrite those... so what you have to do is to put them back up. From the DVD for example.

Just make sure the original pbos are in the folder and the patching will run smooth.

For those who do not have the DVD option, I will host the right pbos on the buyarma.com server in a minute.

[bQMS] SOBR