Sign in to follow this  
Renegade87

Problem patching german download version

@UBERNOOB

@ZAPPAMAN

I have a solution works for me (pbo error messages)

-unpack all pbo´s from DVD (or downloaded package) to addon folder of your installed game

-use winzip as standard unpacker (not winrar)!!

-install the 1.02 patch to 1.00 Version of ArmA.

I hope you both dont ignore this post. Try it!

@JumpingHubert

Check my posts on page 3, I've already been successful - by doing your fix - and thanks again! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

It must be the way winzip unpacks the files - even then I had to repeat some of the .pbo unpacking from the DVD to remove the error inducing .pbo files

ANYBODY HAVING DIFFICULTIES IN PATCHING THE DVD VERSION SHOULD FOLLOW JUMPINGHUBERT'S METHOD see my post at the top of page 3

My windows is XP SP2 32bit

I have admin rights...all the time struggling with this shit.

the thought of my solution is to place manually the data from DVD or downoaded source to their folder of the installed version. If you have problems with addon folders you have to transfer the addon-zipp to the addon folder of the installed game (and so on). When it dont work with the downloaded version than I dont know what to do.

sry for my crap english, its not my first language

Regards from germany

That´s it...got official confirmation from metaboli concerning downloaded version and patch 1.02 = not compatible!

check yourself:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56017

I guess metaboli will now receive tons of email demanding new download links...or link to patch 1.02 that works with dl-version.

I was right!

tounge2.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Dec. 17 2006,13:04)]I think the download option is crap ....

Just because we are living in 21st century it doesnt mean that everything should be done online... To download a 4.7 GB instalation.

Come on people... a game belongs on a CD/DVD and this way you have noch 3 licenses and no problems.

Id suggest you order the game from some source and consider this download thing as a bad experience.

lol?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Dec. 17 2006,13:04)]I think the download option is crap ....

Just because we are living in 21st century it doesnt mean that everything should be done online... To download a 4.7 GB instalation.

Come on people... a game belongs on a CD/DVD and this way you have noch 3 licenses and no problems.

Id suggest you order the game from some source and consider this download thing as a bad experience.

Gee and you don't have an ulterior motive at all for saying that do you?

If you have nothing constructive to offer this thread then you shouldn't be posting in it, people should only post in troubleshooting threads if a. they have the same problem or b. they have a solution to suggest.

I have the exact same problem as the original poster, is there any official confirmation on this and when its going to be fixed?

Or are we stuck here in un-updateable limbo

This is the response I got from support:

"Dear Sir,

The 1.02 patch is a retail patch and is not compatible with the download version. This is the reason why you are encountering problems as the retail version uses a different protection system and installing it changes the game files. If you are unable to play the game please uninstall Armed Assault and then re-install it without it installing the 1.02 patch

We will be sending a link in a mail next week so that you can update your game to latest version."

I've also read that people with 64 bit OS,like me, are having the most problems.

"Dear Sir,

The 1.02 patch is a retail patch and is not compatible with the download version. This is the reason why you are encountering problems as the retail version uses a different protection system and installing it changes the game files. If you are unable to play the game please uninstall Armed Assault and then re-install it without it installing the 1.02 patch

We will be sending a link in a mail next week so that you can update your game to latest version."

I've also read that people with 64 bit OS,like me, are having the most problems.

No idea who that "support" person was but the information you received is incorrect, the patch we released is for both the retail and download German versions, the only people to our knowledge having problems installing the patch are people with 64bit windows, and even for them if they install the patch when in windows safe mode it should work.

Mostly, but people with 32 bit OS have reported the problem as well, so it can't be put down to a 64 bit problem.

"Dear Sir,

No idea who that "support" person was but the information you received is incorrect, the patch we released is for both the retail and download German versions, the only people to our knowledge having problems installing the patch are people with 64bit windows, and even for them if they install the patch when in windows safe mode it should work.

People have reported that safe mode didnt work for them though so???

I have now tried a full re install in safe mode as suggested, and the error remains the same.

I have had a reply from metaboli however:

"Hi,

Is this the patch that you have been trying to install?:

http://www.morphicon.de/download/arma/Arma_GermanPatch_102.zip

According to Bohemian there should be no trouble installing this patch on the downloadable version of ArmA. That's all we know, really.

Let me know if that works. We may contact Bohemian ourselves.

Regards,

Ignacio R.

Metaboli Sales Support

supportvente@metaboli.com"

I have now also tried the final "fix" that has been presented to me here on the forums which i can do.

That is, installing the game on a 32-bit O/S system then copying the files over. I have tried this and i get the SAME error on my 32-bit laptop, that i get here on my 64-bit O/S desktop.

So now what do i do? confused_o.gifhelp.gif

IM sure everyone knows the answer to this by now but !!

THE GERMAN DOWNLOAD VESION DOES NOT NEED TO BE PATCHED UP TO 1.01 IT IS ALREADY VESION 1.01.

However Version 1.02 Can be used without the SecuROM promblem So DL it and patch away (I used the version form the Mophicon Link)

Remember also if your using the English-German Text Patch to revert your files to the Originals which should be backed up into a file called Patchwise.bak (so long as you actually made the back up; which is done by default. Or else youll need to reinstall before patching up) Once you have patched your DLed version of ARMA to 1.02 you can then DL and install and 3rd patry patches such as the latest version of the German - English patch.(Which are of course not endorsed by Bohemia or any other official parties at this time)

If your problem is that the patch simply wont actually execute and not that your patched version is giving you SecuROM issues then the answer is likely one of three things (in my Humble opinion)

A: You need to free up more Diskspace inorder to run the patch (most patches on most PC applications require some space on your HDD to temporarially write files to your disk whilst executing)

B: Your Downloaded version of the Patch is Corrupted or incomplete - Try redownloading from another place and running again.

C: Your Ram is damaged and is therefore corrupting information  as it process it. This problem is sometimes very hard to spot as your pc may be functioning in an otherwise stable fashion. There are various ways of identifying this problem more accuratly such as using RAM testing programs.

I tried the patch that was provided to me in a link in an e-mail sent to me from Metaboli.

It doesn't work. The same error remains. I replied to the message as such and am waiting for their response.

The fact is, I don't care what the problem is, I bought the game and I would like to play it.

For me to install the game on another machine to patch it, and bring it back to this one is just crazy. Not that I won't do it, but to go to such extremes is not my idea of fun.

Edit: And no, it's not my system that has issues. I've run Sisoft Sandra Porofessional on it and checked everything.

IM sure everyone knows the answer to this by now but !!

THE GERMAN DOWNLOAD VESION DOES NOT NEED TO BE PATCHED UP TO 1.01 IT IS ALREADY VESION 1.01.

However Version 1.02 Can be used without the SecuROM promblem So DL it and patch away (I used the version form the Mophicon Link)

Remember also if your using the English-German Text Patch to revert your files to the Originals which should be backed up into a file called Patchwise.bak (so long as you actually made the back up; which is done by default. Or else youll need to reinstall before patching up) Once you have patched your DLed version of ARMA to 1.02 you can then DL and install and 3rd patry patches such as the latest version of the German - English patch.(Which are of course not endorsed by Bohemia or any other official parties at this time)

If your problem is that the patch simply wont actually execute and not that your patched version is giving you SecuROM issues then the answer is likely one of three things (in my Humble opinion)

A: You need to free up more Diskspace inorder to run the patch (most patches on most PC applications require some space on your HDD to temporarially write files to your disk whilst executing)

B: Your Downloaded version of the Patch is Corrupted or incomplete - Try redownloading from another place and running again.

C: Your Ram is damaged and is therefore corrupting information as it process it. This problem is sometimes very hard to spot as your pc may be functioning in an otherwise stable fashion. There are various ways of identifying this problem more accuratly such as using RAM testing programs.

This is the most unhelpful post ever.

Unlike what you must think of us, we are not retards, this is a patch problem, not a "we haven't done this yet" problem.

I tried the patch that was provided to me in a link in an e-mail sent to me from Metaboli.

It doesn't work. The same error remains. I replied to the message as such and am waiting for their response.

The fact is, I don't care what the problem is, I bought the game and I would like to play it.

For me to install the game on another machine to patch it, and bring it back to this one is just crazy. Not that I won't do it, but to go to such extremes is not my idea of fun.

Edit: And no, it's not my system that has issues. I've run Sisoft Sandra Porofessional on it and checked everything.

Installing on a 32-bit O/S system and then copying it over doesn't work for everyone, i've tried it and the patch still wont install on that system either.

Would people please stop posting "It works for me etc etc"

We dont care if it works for you, it doesnt work for us, and if people would read the thread they would see we have all done just about everything, including some people who have re-installed windows.

There have been some "fixes" posted in this thread, installing on a 32-bit O/S then copying it over etc etc

None repeat NONE of them have worked for me, and a good few others so unless you have either a fix or a link to a new patch which solves the issue, dont post.

After rereading what the original problem was i think i gotta say i think your ram is Busted or not functioning correctly. Had the same thing trying to patch Dawn of War a while back.

If you can get hold of some other ram try wacking that in and running the patch betcha it works first time.

It's not my ram as if you had read the thread you would have seen that im having the same problem on TWO seperate systems.

So the ram theory is out the window.

I use the german physical CD version.

Installed ARMA on my game rig, patched 1.01 then 1.02 all ok. Patch files was unzipped with built in XP zip.

Copied my patch file to a CD.

Installed ARMA on NoPryls game server.

Unzipped the patch file after copying them from my CD to the HDD, with XP build in unzip.

Patched 1.01 ok

Patched 1.02 the error struck. I pressed Ignor to let the patch process finish.

The error msg was the same as mention several times in earlier posts.

Did a unistall

Did a install

Patched 1.01 OK

Backed 1.01 files up in a seperate folder.

Applied 1.02 patch - and then the error struck. I choosed to press the abort button.

Copied back the ca.pbo file(s), both to be sure. Downloadet a new version of the 1.02 patch from morphicon.de. Came back after 30min, in the meantime I browsed this forum.

Download monitor windows was gone, did a reset - boot. (I did not switch off the power "hard reset")

Unpaked the patch with latest winrar (no error - unpacking) But the patch.exe file reported it was corrupted. sad_o.gif Why this did happend I don't know, since the download window was closed. But it could have been a timeout error?

Copied my old 1.02 patch in, used winrar (first time I used XP built in inzip), unpacked the patch file.

I started the patch - but no LUCK.

My Arma version is the CD version, and this prove that the problem do apply to both version CD & DL.

Both XP versions is 32bit. The HW is pretty new, no OC and quality RAM from OCZ.

So no deddy from NoPryl yet.

Hi guys....I've been following this thread for a while. Is there any chance Antivirus or Security Suite may be effecting this?

I've seen that this problem appears random with people downloading from the same place. Some systems are simular, some are not. This is just a guess but maybe the

darn thing is just being messed about by that?

I was able to upgrade, however I moved it back to 1.01 because at that time it appeared that this patch wasn't made for us with the downloaded version. Placebo had posted earlyer and says it should work.

Just a thought....maybe someone could disable and try that?

I have the downloaded German version.

I also had patched it with the unofficial English language conversion.

The 1.02 patch will not work if you have the english language version installed.

Through Control Panel, I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled my downloaded copy.

I then patched it to 1.02 and it works fine.

Now I am just waiting on an update english language conversion whistle.gif

I have the downloaded German version.

I also had patched it with the unofficial English language conversion.

The 1.02 patch will not work if you have the english language version installed.

Through Control Panel, I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled my downloaded copy.

I then patched it to 1.02 and it works fine.

Now I am just waiting on an update english language conversion whistle.gif

Please read the thread. whistle.gif

Hi guys....I've been following this thread for a while. Is there any chance Antivirus or Security Suite may be effecting this?

I've seen that this problem appears random with people downloading from the same place. Some systems are simular, some are not. This is just a guess but maybe the

darn thing is just being messed about by that?

I was able to upgrade, however I moved it back to 1.01 because at that time it appeared that this patch wasn't made for us with the downloaded version. Placebo had posted earlyer and says it should work.

Just a thought....maybe someone could disable and try that?

Tried it, didnt work for me.

Also on the "Ram" theory, not only have i tested it on two systems i have also checked it stick by stick, here in my desktop, needless to say unless both my systems and every stick of ram is duffed up, which i extremely doubt, it's not the ram.