Sign in to follow this  
Renegade87

Problem patching german download version

I have the downloaded German version.

I also had patched it with the unofficial English language conversion.

The 1.02 patch will not work if you have the english language version installed.

Through Control Panel, I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled my downloaded copy.

I then patched it to 1.02 and it works fine.

Now I am just waiting on an update english language conversion   whistle.gif

Please read the thread.  whistle.gif

There are others who have done full OS installs and full game re-installs and they still have problem.

You may want to review those whistle.gif

Exactly Ruckus, why can't people read the thread before posting a so called "fix" which has been posted on atleast one occasion before

I was messing about trying to cause this patch problem and I was able to create it repeatedly at least in my situation. I have the downloaded German version.

As it has been mentioned before if you have used the german to english patch,  you need to move it back to the unpatched

condition before you update the game.  The first time I did this I copied the files individualy that the German/English patch changed and placed them in the proper folders individualy.

This last time I just copied the list of folders and pasted them to the ArmA folder(as the german/english patch recreates a copy of them and saves the effected files), which in reality does the same thing.  I would have assumed this would be ok as it asked if I wanted to overwrite the other files.

I don't know if anyone else had replaced the files in this way,  but it seamed to cause the problems with the .pbo's or the folders that the Updater was complaining about, and it suggested to reinstall from the CD.  

The update may be looking at the properties of the folders as well as the files themselves.

I Reinstalled the game and Updated the game to 1.02 with no problem.  I then tried the same sequence of events as before and was able to recreate it again.

I don't know if this will solve it for everyone, as there are several problems being seen,  however the problem in my case was self inflicted as others may find.

Bottom line as mentioned before,  you have to put the game back to the origonal German install condition prior to updating. Copy the files individualy to the proper folders then update.

I hope reading of my mistake helps someone out.

@DigitalTwisted,  Did the support people ever get back to you since your other post?  I know this must really be frustrating for you. Sorry if I missed it but in your case did skipping the German/English patch all together give you the exact same results?

No they haven't.

@the above post: I've done numerous complete un-installs and re-installs including 1 on another (32bit) system. Atleast 1 other guy has reinstalled windows, and no luck.

No they haven't.

@the above post: I've done numerous complete un-installs and re-installs including 1 on another (32bit) system. Atleast 1 other guy has reinstalled windows, and no luck.

just updated my post as you posted.

Yeah this is what i have done, the complete list:

Completely un-installed the game on my 64-bit system.

Deleted all files/folders (including My Documents) which the un-install leaves behind.

Cleaned my registry.

Full re-install of the game (no addons applied) [both with and without the starforce drivers installed] *Yes before anyone says i used the starforce removal tool to make sure it was gone*

Attempt to patch to 1.02 --> ERROR

-------------------------------------------------

Full install of the game (no addons applied) on my 32bit system [with and without starforce, again same as above]

"Fixes"

Install on 32-bit system then copy over - STATUS: FAILED (Obv it doesn't install on the 32-bit system either)

Safe Mode - STATUS: FAILED

Patch the game to 1.01 then 1.02 (even though i have german download which is 1.01) - STATUS: FAILED

Install logged in as the Administrator account/using the run as user tool - STATUS: FAILED

Install using force compatability mode - STATUS: FAILED

Is the RAM to blame? - I have checked each stick individually to make sure ram is not the factor - STATUS: FAILED

Completely un-install anti virus software to make sure it isn't causing the problem - STATUS: FAILED

Yeah this is what i have done, the complete list:

Completely un-installed the game on my 64-bit system.

Deleted all files/folders (including My Documents) which the un-install leaves behind.

Cleaned my registry.

Full re-install of the game (no addons applied) [both with and without the starforce drivers installed] *Yes before anyone says i used the starforce removal tool to make sure it was gone*

Full install of the game (no addons applied) on my 32bit system [with and without starforce, again same as above]

"Fixes"

Install on 32-bit system then copy over - STATUS: FAILED (Obv it doesn't install on the 32-bit system either)

Safe Mode - STATUS: FAILED

Patch the game to 1.01 then 1.02 (even though i have german download which is 1.01) - STATUS: FAILED

Install logged in as the Administrator account/using the run as user tool - STATUS: FAILED

Install using force compatability mode - STATUS: FAILED

Well it isn't because you havn't tryed to isolate it thats for sure. you have teamspeak?

Re-downloading the original 2 part german download files (for the third time*), followed by a fresh install: STATUS: 50/50

*I checked Ruckus i had done a fresh download before

Ok after a fresh download i no longer get the same error, i now get the sara.pbo missing error instead confused_o.gif

Now ill see if any of the fixes for that work for me.

My final resolution to this problem, and the problems themselves

Problem 1 - CRC Error

This was caused by TWO corrupted download attempts.

I downloaded the 2 part german file for the third time, and when i installed the patch i got no CRC error, but i did get the sara.pbo error.

Problem 2 - Windows XPx64

For whatever reason Windows XPx64 and ArmA don't bond very well when it comes to sara.pbo, i followed the instructions of the other thread and booted into safe mode and XPx64 found sara.pbo and installed the patch succesfully.

So the meaning of this rather long story is that Metaboli should put a CRC check in their download, and that safe mode is yer best bet for XPx64, i may have been able to solve this earlier, but i seem to be either the only one, or one of only a select few who had both problems, rather than one or the other.....bloody typical

Thanks for all the help banghead.gif

I tried the patch that was provided to me in a link in an e-mail sent to me from Metaboli.

It doesn't work. The same error remains. I replied to the message as such and am waiting for their response.

The fact is, I don't care what the problem is, I bought the game and I would like to play it.

For me to install the game on another machine to patch it, and bring it back to this one is just crazy. Not that I won't do it, but to go to such extremes is not my idea of fun.

Edit: And no, it's not my system that has issues. I've run Sisoft Sandra Porofessional on it and checked everything.

I got it to work just like that, copied game files to my laptop and ran patch 1.02, then copied patched game back to my gamerig...that sort of patching just sucks!

I could be a hardware related problem with the patcher.

(chipset, hd-model, ram, cpu oc´d, even winxp language version...etc)

Or the proctection system is messing up the patching, clearly they should renew the patcher entirely...too many people are having errors.

WOW now it crashes to the desktop LOL

This game really doesn't like me at all

Solved

If you have an X-Fi it has to be on game mode otherwise the game sound won't load and it will crash.

Maruk from BIS has stated that there is a problem in the patch for some systems (cryptography something related...), fix is in the works.

Finally, it was possible to apply the patch.

ArmA was installed to another PC which the family used.

(Sony VAIO MX5:Windows2000SP4, Pentium3 ,512M RAM ,120GB HDD)

My PC:Athlon64X2 4200+(DualCoreOptimizer installed), RAM 2G, Geforce 7800GT, SATA HDD120G

At the time of installation end something error came out, but forcing ending installation process, after that it made the patch apply.

After, copied the content of the folder entirely in own PC.

Various causes such as the relation and device driver of OS and CPU(Dualcore or Singlecore) are thought, but it is about you do not understand after all well,…

Solved

If you have an X-Fi it has to be on game mode otherwise the game sound won't load and it will crash.

boy that Updating process is really easy huh? wink_o.gif

Solved

boy that Updating process is really easy huh? wink_o.gif

That was just the 3rd fix to the 3rd problem, there was nothing easy about it! banghead.gif

Solved

boy that Updating process is really easy huh?  wink_o.gif

That was just the 3rd fix to the 3rd problem, there was nothing easy about it!  banghead.gif

glad you got it running....I'm on Teamspeak. Pop over and we'll give it a go if you have the time.