Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Mod

Some of us took the knife and splitted the M62 trousers in the groin to be able to move properly.. When I got the new gear the legstraps hold all the cloth up and then it wasnt a problem anymore biggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif Screw the nitchpitching and just put complete M/62 set there. It's so old that only greybeards will know what's wrong in it, if they remember (my agegroup already used M/62+M/91 halfbreed or complete M/91 at summers).

Summer outfit also requires mitten for atleast left hand!

EDIT: I might be joking tounge2.gif

I/07 was still using it in PorPr... wink_o.gif I guess II/07 will never know the wonders of the original "pellepuku" (which I hate from the bottom of my soul). In Utti I guess they will never switch from it, they are still using the 62. To get maximum realism, the M62 set should be mismatched as fuck with 10+ different color variations on the camo.

Were you still using M/62 battlebelt made of cotton ('rätti tetsarit' ), Breadbag (leipälaukku) and cotton rucksack with leather straps which basically is big enough for just 1-2 day patrols or 4-5 days of 'cold and starvation'-patrols tounge2.gif

I had almost complete set of that gear last summer. Time before 1962 clearly wasn't time when ergonomics was known.

crazy_o.gif Screw the nitchpitching and just put complete M/62 set there. It's so old that only greybeards will know what's wrong in it, if they remember (my agegroup already used M/62+M/91 halfbreed or complete M/91 at summers).

Summer outfit also requires mitten for atleast left hand!

EDIT: I might be joking tounge2.gif

I/07 was still using it in PorPr... wink_o.gif I guess II/07 will never know the wonders of the original "pellepuku" (which I hate from the bottom of my soul). In Utti I guess they will never switch from it, they are still using the 62. To get maximum realism, the M62 set should be mismatched as fuck with 10+ different color variations on the camo.

Were you still using M/62 battlebelt made of cotton ('rätti tetsarit' ), Breadbag (leipälaukku) and cotton rucksack with leather straps which basically is big enough for just 1-2 day patrols or 4-5 days of 'cold and starvation'-patrols tounge2.gif

I had almost complete set of that gear last summer. Time before 1962 clearly wasn't time when ergonomics was known.

Oh shit, OK, and I thought our M85 combat belt, M91 shrapnel vest and M85 'pallo' rucksack were crap tounge2.gif Only seen that older stuff in pictures.

Quote[/b] ]Some of us took the knife and splitted the M62 trousers in the groin to be able to move properly..

Knife often isn't even necessary with M62, they open up by themselves. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I love the M/62, it's only second to M/36 when it comes to atmosphere.
Yeah, atmosphere...like the spontaneous crazy ROFL rofl.gif atmosphere in our recruit squadroom when we tried them on for the first time...

Nice models.

They indeed look a bit too skinny, same fault is in all Arma models.

Also the clothes should look more worn & saggy with straps and stuff hanging...not so clean and tidy. I hope there´s going to be a backpack included, with added space for more stuff (clips, grenades...etc)

IMO it´s not necessary to include models with older gear (M62 "clownsuit", dorky old steelhelmet, Nokia rubberboots...) although FDF still utilizes that old crap.

Keep up the good work dudes!

thumbs-up.gif

About those PKM boxes... FDF has a doctrine which means you can't really throw anything away, so even empty PKM boxes would be reattached for future uses.

OK, that makes some sense. I wasn't sure how boxes of

link like that are handled in the field (such boxes were not

normally used in my army and in my time).

Military rank arm-insignias would be a nice add, like in ofp fdf.

Also service branch shoulder patch (Jaeger, engineer, paratrooper, mp, artillery etc...)

Maybe a small script in INIT-field.

How about a new sneek-peek of the wip model?

whistle.gif

Hi

Are you planing to do equivalents to each units of SLA or US forces? Armor, units, transport, and also service truck and ammo truck?

Also it will be very nice if you include to your mod converted missions like berzerk, domination, evolution etc.

Also service branch shoulder patch (Jaeger, engineer, paratrooper, mp, artillery etc...)

How about a new sneek-peek of the wip model?

whistle.gif

I am pretty sure that there is no way the branch patch would ever be used on anything other than leave uniforms. Even if it was issued in wartime it would be stupid as hell and pointless.

As I understand it only a velcro flag and some rank insignia would be issued.

Not sure about the rank insignia on the arm, I think the arm velcro patch is only designed to be used on undershirts, not jackets. I've been wondering where to put the rank insignia on the M05 combat equipment though, the equipment vest obscures the velcro patch on the M05 jacket. At least judging from M05 pictures (NBG etc.) it isn't used at all on the combat equipment, it isn't all that "necessary" anyway except in garrison.

Would be nice if the FDF had decided on adding the rank insignia on the helmet like the Americans do, it would be practical and maybe add some small additional incentive to actually wear the helmet as much as possible.

We had working rank system in FDFmod OFP but it was rarely used in missions even though there were simple instructions in readme. So at the moment it's not a priority.

We will post more screens with the next news update wink_o.gif.

Well I have to take my last post back tounge2.gif. Here's the latest "render" (uses ICP anims again)

m05_renderi5_91kt.jpg

Higher res & quality here.

Still WIP though wink_o.gif.

Very nice looking units! thumbs-up.gif

Are the googles animated? Or some with raised/lowered googles? (Sorry, didn't follow the whole discussion about this here).

Keep it up! Looking forward to your mod!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

WoW!! damn nice work guys!

I am glad u are working on this, cant wait for PASI! biggrin_o.gif

btw: that screenshot, I find everything else redone, except the vest, get rid of that OTV interceptor's (the vest wink_o.gif ) neck protector, and I wont see the difference, well maybe few other thingys too, but its looking über awesome allready mate, thanks for ur hard work, btw: will the kes-85 launcher be disposeable as the real one?

Looks very nice and authentic smile_o.gif

Is that other RK-95 with aimpoint?

Trijicon ACOG. Not sure of the model, maybe TA11. FDF name Kiväärikaukoputki 04.

From blog.

Quote[/b] ]The heavy tube being wielded in the third shot by some AT guy is the infamous 112 RsKes Apilas, bringing memories from those long marches years ago when I had to haul two of them, one on each shoulder.

Now that is The Style inlove.gifinlove.gif

Altough is that picture from Apilas somehow distorted/funny? Or is the model just that BIG? It looks like i could stick my standart sized head into it's tube... Which i shouldn't supposed to be able to do.

Altough is that picture from Apilas somehow distorted/funny? Or is the model just that BIG? It looks like i could stick my standart sized head into it's tube... Which i shouldn't supposed to be able to do.

Huoh.

Huoh.

Yes. Huoh. tounge2.gif

On carefully look it seems to be model and not visual trick, like barrel of gun (very) close to camera looking as big as human's head at one meter distance, or something related to it... I could be wrong aswell. But am i huh.gif

Not whining about reeealism, splitting hairs or anything else negative things, just being purely and positively intrested on why it looks like what it looks like: big whistle.gif

It looks like i could stick my standart sized head into it's tube... Which i shouldn't supposed to be able to do.

Standard? I'm all the way over in Madison, WI and your head is blocking the sun from here. Sit Down would ya. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Sorry about that, just having a little fun.

It does look big but maybe it's just the angle and postitioning of the screenshot. The shadows look like the proportion is ok there. EIther way, I really like the units.

Man I'm glad someone brought this up. I had completely forgot about this Mod. confused_o.gif

EDIT: Damn you beat me to the post. rofl.gif

Slowly but surely it's coming...

Thanks for the new pictures. It reminds me of the number one reason why I keep Armed Assault installed on my computer. There is the hope of the FDF Mod for ArmA some day smile_o.gif

Slowly but surely it's coming...

Sometimes it feels like too slowly smile_o.gif

I have to admit I'm quite happy about our progress at the moment. I also have to admit we are just a little too far away from release - we will miss midsummer release for this year. Bonfires and booze still available though!

We got $#!7loads of APILAS reference photos and fresh handling experience, so I can guarantee not even the most stupid ArmA player (yes...) can fit his head into barrel. rofl.gif

Extremely nice weapons. Especially the ITKK looks photorealistic.

A few years ago berets were still used as the standard headgear on international operations, but nowadays woodland M05 caps or desert boonies/caps are used. I can't definitely speak for other operations, but berets in KFOR FinCon are nowadays only (sometimes) used by very high-ranking officers or LMT, the camp gate guard, in parades and on leave etc. So an "FRDF" soldier in M05 combat gear and with a beret is a combination that is only very rarely seen nowadays (I've never seen it myself except in EUBG/FRDF exercises).

On foot patrol a helmet is fastened to the combat gear or kept in a backpack. According to recent pictures I've seen from EUFOR Chad/ISAF, I would guess that the same practice is in use in those ops.

From a recent foot patrol I was on:

IMG_0705c2.jpgIMG_0706c2.jpg

Notice that issued slash resistant gloves and Burgmann light protective vest are in use. IMO any virtual FRDF soldier in combat gear should wear gloves of some sort. These are Damascus DPG125. Non-issue items here include the ballistic glasses, luminous tape attached to the helmet, Surefire sheath and weapon sling. The sleeves of M04 (hot weather) woodland and desert uniforms are always rolled up during the summer, except at night (cold).