Sign in to follow this  
T J

Helicopters have a realistic flight model

Dont get me wrong, I hate hate hate the way the helicopters 'fly'. (esp. the mi17 - what is it with that?)

BUT, I have found the footage that BIS used to model the flying characteristics on, and I have to say, they have got it perfect, the helo's in AA perform JUST like the ones in these vids!

Small helicopter handling...

One thing I would ask though, if the skids could be made more like the ones in This Clip then we would stand a better chance of surviving?

tounge2.gif

TJ

The engine has died? Can´t they even press Page Dn and make use of OFP´s autorotation crazy_o.gif

The only complaint here is I find the choppers accelerate way too quickly and are over responsive in AA IMHO.I know this is no helicopter sim though and I dont expect it to be but it would be nice to see the flight model tweaked a bit.

Imho i like AA flying, it just needs some tweaking first, and i dont like how AI fly into hills and what not lol

Guest RKSL-Rock

It wouldn’t be so bad if the collective was more responsive and the rudder so limited and of course, the pitch control smoother.

But no matter what the Harrier still sucks. Anyone else noticed how it seems to pitch, roll and yaw from the pilot proxy?

But no matter what the Harrier still sucks. Anyone else noticed how it seems to pitch, roll and yaw from the pilot proxy?

Exactly, something felt totaly wrong when i had a testflight with the Harrier.

On topic:

The heli flightmodel is too bugged for the AI, and for me too.

Flying around is mostly ok, but if you try to land the trouble starts.

As the AI is an important part of Armed Assault, shouldn`t the AI be able to pilot anything. But they can`t, not the choppers and not the "planes". The AI can`t even land the Harrier.

Speaking of Harrier, did any of you manage to take off from flat ground or from runway?

I mean, every time I tried on the Desert Island runway I couldn't take off before the edge of the island and the small depression leading to sea.

As the Harrier is fully loaded, i can axept that.

But try the landing autopilot. If there isn`t an waypoint missing at the runway, than the AI isn`t capable to bring the plane in one line with the runway.

As the Harrier is fully loaded, i can axept that.

But try the landing autopilot. If there isn`t an waypoint missing at the runway, than the AI isn`t capable to bring the plane in one line with the runway.

In OFP was the same problem with Su25... AI was flying with it too fast to land... could be the same, judging from the fact that Camels doesn't seem to have that problem at all...

Use the existing helicopter thread please.