Sign in to follow this  
ravendk

SFF's Stuff

yeah frandsen (RavenDK) it looks good.. but u still need that black edge of plastic on the helmet... u know where:P

also the pattern on the wood helmet looks like its too big..

DK

helmetjobmw2.jpg

this is getting to my nerves god damnit!

i need the danish troops just about NOW! :P

nahh, just kidding... looks fantastic smile_o.gif

i hope you´re able to release it in the next couple of days though

sadly you didnt manage to get the first scandic troops in ArmA, and sadly enough you where beaten by the norwegians wink_o.gif

Warms the heart to see the Danes represented. Good job matey.

I was with the Dragoons in 1. Opklaring back in 97-98, so I'm doubly glad you chose us as your subject material - but then again, we are the best, aren't we?  wink_o.gif

DDAM-ARMA-Scouts-Recce-&-Infantry-v.0.1

Armaholic mirror is up for this one as well!

Download them from here.

Small pic update..

Mercedes-240-GD-in-arma.jpg

Atm i got the wheels working.

Todo:

Get steeringwheel animated

Get lights animated

Get the car armed

whistle.gif

i'm sorry , but if new weapons models can't be added and instead the standard arma M16/M4 models are used , why is it that the pics in the Original Post are armed with M16A4's with Eotechs , ect. ?

i'm sorry , but if new weapons models can't be added and instead the standard arma M16/M4 models are used , why is it that the pics in the Original Post are armed with M16A4's with Eotechs , ect. ?

nobody said that it is impossible to add new weapons, its a bit tricky but possible even if those weapons are not fully working (shadows, Normal Maps etc.)

Who is that SFF "Recce element"? I downloaded them and

like the way they look but I don't really know who they are

meant to represent. Are they US Marine recon, or airborne

pathfinders or something? (I thought the yanks always

said "Recon" and not "Recce")

Frandsen, the steering wheel should be the same as what I sent you about how to make wheels working smile_o.gif

Just with another selection and you'll most likely have to use an axis there.

Al Simmons .

At the time weapon shadows wasnt possible to oure knollage, to some part it is now but not good enough. Weapons can be placed in there, but frankly it looks crap without shadows - oure goal is to make good stuff including shadows.

Col. Faulkner

They are us Recon units of unmarked orgin, it could be army, marines or air forces.. no one know, they got that cool jacket from Gulf War 1 and that was the goal.. woodland and that jacket.. pretty simple goal and the rest is up to the gamers imagination smile_o.gif

TeRpEnTiN

Thx mate, i just didten get that far smile_o.gif and thx for the help smile_o.gif

Thx to TeRpEnTiN i finaly got the sterringwheel and the lights working, so now i need to arme the vehicle..

We might release this unarmed version alongside a update of the danish units, but we'll see whistle.gif

Perhaps I can find some more time this evening, so we can continue working on the vehicle. But I can't promise anything.

Would be neat to release this thing, it would be the first vehicle addon with working selections & animations biggrin_o.gif

Release of the GD (the 4x4) is aproching. Atm we are updating the weapons of the infantry and tweaking here and there.

Some issues to solve

1. Shadows on weapons are acting wird casting shadows in a strange and uncorrect way. Is the shadows important for now? (Do we need shadows now?)

2. Atm the GD (4x4) is unarmed, should we arm it befor release?

so the GD will be the first entirely custom addon for ArmA smile_o.gif

first all new model that is smile_o.gif

before it has just been retextures smile_o.gif

i´ll love it, im sure!

keep up the work Raven and all others that work on addons for ArmA!

oh.. and screw the weapon shadows and arm the GD... if not with something else use a M240 smile_o.gif

Atm we got over 30 units from Infantry, Army Scouts and Army Recon

Weapons:

Diemaco variants;

M95 aka C7A1 (ironsight and elcan version)

M96 aka C8A1 (ironsight and elcan version)

LSV M03 aka LSV aka LSW

Antitank Weapon;

Carl Gustav Recoil less rifle

GPMG;

MG62 aka "the nazimachingun" aka MG3  (not a rasistcomment, i just qoute the troops on the front line)

Vehicle;

Mercedes 240 GD aka Spejder GD (Scout GD) {its used by many brances and in many variants}

M113G3 aka M113

M113 Ambulance

Piranah III (Reskin of the stryker sofar)

HMMWV w TOW

HMMWV w .50 (place holder for eagle 3/4)

Leased LandRover (well its just there for some reason biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif )

Release date: Well that is up to how well the betatest go

Thats looking great, looking forward to first release smile_o.gif

[EDIT]Fixed typo

sounds fantastic smile_o.gif

btw... you wont make a reskin of the M1A1 as placeholder for the Leo2 A5 DK?

Perhaps I can find some more time this evening, so we can continue working on the vehicle. But I can't promise anything.

Would be neat to release this thing, it would be the first vehicle addon with working selections & animations biggrin_o.gif

I know you wish to be first and everything, but impossible for you to share the knowledge? Would be nice for others.

I know you wish to be first and everything, but impossible for you to share the knowledge? Would be nice for others.

Well, first of all, it is not impossible for me to share knowledge.

I posted a example on the G85 forums, but my english isn't the best to do a proper description of how to achive it.

So I think releasing would be the best method because you can look up config and model settings directly from the PBO and I can help you if you got questions then.

Feel free to PM me.

@the_shadow maybe, we will consider it

Release is delayed due to internet connection problems crazy_o.gif We will make a release as soon as the net is working again.

Well, first of all, it is not impossible for me to share knowledge.

I posted a example on the G85 forums, but my english isn't the best to do a proper description of how to achive it.

So I think releasing would be the best method because you can look up config and model settings directly from the PBO and I can help you if you got questions then.

Feel free to PM me.

you so slow on your replies, been 12 h smile_o.gif

Anyway, thanks for wanting to help out and maybe I will ask you some questions later..have just started to look into the cfgmodel part.

Anyway, I did got it working and released a small car to show how one way is. Dont wish to capture this thread, but if anyone is intreseted check the "completed addons" thread or search for "rc_explorercar"

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

DDAM RC3

Buglist:

No readme

No buglist (erh.. well you know..)

DDAM Basic stuff

DDAM Vehicles (Including Placeholders)

For all addon editors and makers:

Remaking, reskinning editing of DDAM material is not allowed without contacting DDAM first