Sign in to follow this  
POISON

ARMA DISSAPOINTMENT

Ive really got to say this game is aimed souly at coop players / clans. And for the  ctf clans / players there is going to be a BIG!!! dissapointment the way they have set the controls in arma makes for a very slow paced game and less control over the way you move and shoot. its alot lot different from the ofp moves / controls we all know and love that gives us the ability to play a fast paced ctf match and this is the truth!!! they should have left the origional controls and movements alone many many people said this during its production!! but on a good note the graphics are absolutly mind blowing top marks for that! but the future of ctf clans looks very shaky indeed!! unless they are willing for one big change in the way they are used to fighting and me myself as a ctf clan leader am not going to support this game for me its been a 2 year dissapointment. sad_o.gif and ive heard a few other guys say the exact same all ctf players sorry guys sad_o.gif

well for first impression i must say i was disapointed.. I expected something very similer , almost iqual to OFP at least in playability and controlabillity...

... i better wait another 12 days to confirm all this statement i said.

I would also like to confirm this with new/updated specs.

I understand your point of view and im also worryed about the future of ARMA (atm).. confused_o.gif

edit: there are alot of old friends saying that ARMA is still much better then OFP

Quote[/b] ]better all round, still flashpoint, but better

there are plenty fastphased games on the market built for ctf, i dont see the reason to compete with them.

there are plenty fastphased games on the market built for ctf, i dont see the reason to compete with them.

dude for the last 5 years ive been addicted to ofp there aint a game on the market that compares to its gameplay only thing was the graphics that were out dated but the gamplay more than made up for it.belive me theres no better game out for ctf than ofp everything else is just too arcade like.

Mahlkav

That was my first impression on this thread. But without having played Armed Assault, I can't give an opinion on whether the controls have been changed for the better/worse.

Daniel @ Nov. 25 2006,02:26)]Mahlkav

That was my first impression on this thread. But without having played Armed Assault, I can't give an opinion on whether the controls have been changed for the better/worse.

for the worst if ur a ctf player honest.

Daniel @ Nov. 25 2006,02:26)]Mahlkav

for the worst if ur a ctf player honest.

You are complaining about controls in general, but you didn't wrote any single example of what EXACTLY you don't like. I'm just curious, because i like ArmA controls more than OFP ones...

Run n Gun don't work in modern warfare, like I 've told alot ppl it's just gonna get u dead in this game. Whats wrong with COOP, the OFP community have put out some of the best coop missions I've ever seen 4 a game.

Run n Gun don't work in modern warfare, like I 've told alot ppl it's just gonna get u dead in this game. Whats wrong with COOP, the OFP community have put out some of the best coop missions I've ever seen 4 a game.

Im a hardcore ctf player i like the old way were u can run drop and scope comes up automatically i like to hit the shift once when i want to run or let go if i wanna stop. i dont like the double tap run it somtimes dont work and is confusing if u want to run sideways for a running attack/shoot with arma the curser widens when u run and sprays all over when u fire and is alot less accurate than the old ofp we know and love were u can use the curser as a marker so u know where ever its pointed u can drop and near enough be on target with your crosshairs arma has non of this the only thing i do like is the roll u can do u guys obviously like a mixture of coop and ctf cti etc. for myself i loved the ctf play in ofp and ressi dont like fighting A.I. its a buzz playing real people in real clans and winning or losing some maps are designed to be played at a fast pace u cant play fast pace when u have to manually put scopes on every time u stop there was a option to have open scopes or with scopes if u chose to use scopes when u stop running they came up automatic and having to press a button to do it manually in arma isnt realism. ctf play is going to be very very different in arma and slower like i said and its not going to be to everyones likeing especially hardcore ctf players.

run and gun does work on close quater inf maps u obviously aint a ctf player

Run and gun may ork i sme situations, but a stable firing position, suppressive fire and leapfrog manouveres work much better if you actually want to stay alive wink_o.gif

From the sound of things, I think I'm going to much prefer ArmA's control style - and also, don't knock BIS for changing something. If all the things that a few people are complaining about were changed back, ArmA would just be OFP with better graphics. I welcome the changes and improvements in ArmA, and I believe that whatever decisions BIS has made, it's all for the best. And please use some more punctuation, POISON. Half paragraph sentences aren't welcome here. band.gif

Poison, What you are complaining about it a lack of Arcadyness. From all the previews I've read and Reviews I've read and everything I've heard, this game is made to be MUCH more realistic, to point more to the large scale battles out in the open, with good battles in the cities and such. What Xcess is talking about is realism. Running around and popping shots and immediatly bringin your scope up when you hit the dirt is not realistic. If you go to some fansites, everyone there is raving about realism. I don't know about you, but most people I have talked to are looking for realism in this game as that is what they were looking for in the last one (OFP). Just a little FYI.

Don't talk about realism when people are confirming that the MG's have little to no recoil and are as accurate as sniper rifles.

You don't make a game realistic by making the controls hard.

Look at red orchestra. Its realistic and yet simple.

How is the ofp system of movement not realistic for a game anyway?

all the people that didnt even play arma shouldnt comment the playability.

It took me some time to get used to the controls , but now i wouldnt change it for OFP anymore.

Yes , there are horrible bugs , and the AI is awefull at times.

I hope it will be fixed.

But from my point of view , as a modder, ArmA is still the best modding platform to date.

What I was saying is that he is complaining about the fact that you cannot instananeosly hit the deck and bring up the sights. Now I do not have a rifle in my hands right now to test that but I'm pretty sure that you can't do that in real life. I was not commenting on the claims made by other people about it being really hard to move and such. And who's to say that they had to get absolutly everything right on the first time? EVERY game messes around with the recoil on weapons as soon as they release the game. Also, MG's themselves arent Innacturate, it's the operators of them. It's pretty tough to keep a weapon undercontrol when it's dishing out rounds they way an M249 or M240 does.

Don't talk about realism when people are confirming that the MG's have little to no recoil and are as accurate as sniper rifles.  

You don't make a game realistic by making the controls hard.  

Look at red orchestra.  Its realistic and yet simple.  

How is the ofp system of movement not realistic for a game anyway?

Nearly every ctf player ive spoke to while arma was in production said there all for the new graphics but they hoped to god bis didnt change the controls and ease of playability like the origional ofp and they have. ive just been in gamespy and spoke to around 12 people that all said they have dissapointments with the controls 3 of them actally said when it comes to ctf they would much rather play ofp because they dont like what theyve done with arma.fact is this games made for coop players which u guys probably are theres no question about it its perfect for coops and alot of coop clans hate ctf players because there the reason why cheats and mods are introduced to the game and i think bis also knew this  all im doing here is giving facts from a 5 year running ctf player in ofp so i do know alot about ctf play ive given credit to the graphics and some changes im not totally anti arma ive waited and waited with just as much excitement for 2 years like everyone else has im sorry if the truth hurts.im just voiceing my opinion and i know for a fact theres others thats played arma that share the same views and opinion as i do.how ever you look at it its change and some like change others dont but one thing i do know is ctf isnt going to be what it was in ofp and is going to take some real getting used to.

As with any new control system you are obviously going to move slower when you start out, in a few days, or perhaps weeks, you will be more used to the new control system and erhaps even prefer it over the old one.

If not, it just means a change in tactics.

run and gun does work on close quater inf maps u obviously aint a ctf player

Yeah not since the old Delta Force Land Warrior an BHD days tounge2.gif  Team play on voice with 30 other guys doin a steam roller effect on bases is just a an awsome experience, an is 90% why I'm lookin forward to Mass battles in ArmA.I play JO nitely in a 100 plus server so I so used to that kinda play. CTF is fun just aint no JO CTF servers anymore.

As with any new control system you are obviously going to move slower when you start out, in a few days, or perhaps weeks, you will be more used to the new control system and erhaps even prefer it over the old one.

If not, it just means a change in tactics.

all im seeing so far is coop clans and players saying they are happy with the game give it more time when more ctf clans try this game out and produce some ctf maps and see what they have to say. i cant force people to post here but belive me ive spoken to ctf players that just hate the new system and are praying for operation flashpoint 2 with less drastic changes.

all the people that didnt even play arma shouldnt comment the playability.

It took me some time to get used to the controls , but now i wouldnt change it for OFP anymore.

Yes , there are horrible bugs , and the AI is awefull at times.

I hope it will be fixed.

But from my point of view , as a modder, ArmA is still the best modding platform to date.

you know i don't want be picky but ...

i consider UE engines (1,2,3) most moddable and best modding platform (especially UE3 just check Roboblitz tools for impressum) ...

then IMHO sits Source and Quake engines and then OFP serie

nothing in ungood it's just my view on things and i'm quite happy with many "improvements" i noticed in ArmA ...

considering size and experience of teams which work on other engines it's great position ...

Quote[/b] ]I think you're in the wrong forum...

Here's what you're after

LOL nice one biggrin_o.gif

But seriously people this is like the fourth thread going on with nothing but people whining about how this is bad and how that is changed,and like it was said before most people complaining didnt even try the game yet. Here is a word to the wise first you only listen to what people are saying you dont have to make early judgements then you try the game/demo ((which ever you can get your hands on first)) , after that if you have something to say dont say it , write it on a piece of paper and play the game again for a couple of days or weeks then read what you wrote if it still makes sense to you then go ahead and post it!!!

Like the control system obviously it was going to be changed, it is almost a new game, I am not saying OFP's one was bad but in ArmA there are much more movments to do that obviously going to require different cofig. and while the controls for helies where a bit ok in ofp i found that using almost the same controls for fixed winged aircrafts a horrifing experiance, so why not a change of controls?

some months earlier we were all thinking it will just be OFP with improved graphics and engine a bit and we were all happey with it, now BIS took the time and effort to make a truly OFP 1.5 and what are we doing? banghead.gif

It's pretty tough to keep a weapon undercontrol when it's dishing out rounds they way an M249 or M240 does.

If anyone of you have ever shot an M249 or M240 Bravo, they do not have a vertical much recoil... The M249 shoots a .223 round the same as the M4 or M16, This round makes "some" barrel rise recoil when shooting the M16 or M4, but on the M249 the recoil is horizontal, (back and forth) This is because the gun itself weighs much more that the M16/M4. So in a crouched or prone position the gun is very accurate even in long full auto bursts. Also the front of the M249 has an adjustment for rate of fire. The M240 shoots the larger 7.62 round so it naturally has more recoil, but again its a horizontal recoil due to the longer barrel and extra weight, as compaired to the AK47 witch also uses the 7.62 round. I hate how most games make Machine gun inacurate and not very powerfull. An M249 will stop a speeding car in a matter of seconds. Not to mention that the M240 is the same gun that is the Coaxial MG in most Armoured vehicles, including tanks. Belive me I have first hand experience with both guns.

hello

i have to agree with poison

this not realy a game for ctf sad_o.gif

and yes i played arma already i am not a mission player or campaign i only liked ctf and for sure it never so good as in ofp

i think its because most ppl who posting here are coop players we ctf players did not so they maked a coop game

lets hope for game2 and we ctf players w8 again 2 years lol