Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

Hellfire terribly inaccurrate (spl?) Correct me if that is realistic..

It gets dark mighty fast (think giant light switch) in the coop mission "clean sweep" dunno if that's a bug or just engine related.. 1.01 german

Aaand the buttons for "Player kick" and "Return" from the "p" menu during MP are dangerously overlapping in the german version (already kicked couple people when all I wanted to do was go back.. =)

Server browser is a pain in the ass to handle. It doesn`t sort by ping after refresh and pings in actual NUMBERS (maybe color coded) would be very nice wink_o.gif

1.1.0.5094 Czech

PK iron sight is way off, bullets hit below sight even at really close ranges.

This video demonstrates the bug, shooting targets at range of 300 -> 64 meters (assuming one map grid still = 128 meters), even at 64 meter target aiming at head will hit at feet of target instead and when shooting target that is lying down, you need to aim gun so much up that target isn't even visible in sight anymore. My guess would be that gun begin and end memory points are misaligned in P3D.

http://media.putfile.com/Armed-Assault---PK-sight-zeroing-bug

(12MB, 640x512 XviD AVI so it might take a while to load)

I don't have time to go through this whole thread, but I will post my bug experiences from the first few hours of play time.

1) When dropping off of one of the edges on the side of a staircase, instead of dropping my character proceeded to fly/float horizontally across the map.

2) I was loaded up with an RPG, an SPR, and a pistol. I took the pistol out, so my character was holding/aiming the pistol, and when I fired, THE SPR ON MY BACK FIRED. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I kept firing just to see it. You could see my character pulling the trigger on the pistol, but the SPR on my back kept firing straight up into the sky. biggrin_o.gif

3) On more than one occasion I have seen enemies with invisible guns. Their arms are in the gun holding position, but nothing is there. Yet they can still fire at you. Doh!

4) Don't know if this is a bug, but when shooting an RPG at a tank, sometimes they don't explode until a few seconds after they are shot. They look perfectly fine, and then... BOOM!

Quote[/b] ]4) Don't know if this is a bug, but when shooting an RPG at a tank, sometimes they don't explode until a few seconds after they are shot. They look perfectly fine, and then... BOOM!

These are what you call "secondaries" or secondary explosions that are the result of the destruction of the tank. With your RPG you might have caused a little fire inside the thank that took a few seconds to arrive at fuel or ammo or something. Yes?

You can reload with binoculars active.

Kicked players still are listed in the scores if they had points.

In the mission "Blackhawk Down" the player is commanding all the time to the pilots to follow. (Like the old "Oh no, X is down" thing).

EIDT: I just can't type anymore...silly me.

You can reload with binoculars active.

But you can't while you're in the "Orders" menu

It gets quite annoying when you keep hitting "R" and nothing happens just because you may have accidently pressed a number before or are in the orders menu for whatever other reaseon.

Edit: Forgot to mention. AI units regually walk through other units. It looks kinda strange when there is e.g. a humvee standing on the street and a soldiers simply walks through it.

I had this and similar stuff happen quite a few times while playing around in the editor.

Quote[/b] ]* The missles are anti-air based. Of course they are completely inadequate against armor.

yeah, but they are almost the same againts helicopters, two rockets to bring heli slowly down to the ground and other two to finish it, but hte crew probably be out of heli by that time. tried them on mi-17 and on ah-1. with this amount of rockets they should destroy helis with one shot

I know I may be duplication but just as an FYI this also happens with my config (see sig). Have CZ version patched to 1.01 modded to English version.

Positive:

Major improvement compared to OFP. This games feels and sounds like a real battlefield. With some quick and good patches (as BIS always does) this game will become my favourite. The "super natural" and sometimes "stupid" AI are holding me back to start playing more. Missing the proven and less complex OFP. Still, great work BIS I'm confident you will make this a number one successor!

Bugs:

- First shot is "under water"

- Driving inside BDRM show "grey" air as opposed to blue through windows

- When getting out of HMMV I occasionally end up above on AI that also gets out

- In Campaign & missions AI is not able to get in cars because they are stuck somewhere or just do not move

- Boats "drive" on land

- Cars & armoured just move to fast in "fast†mode"

- AI drives like "hell"

- Tanks & heli sounds can be heard from a great distance

- After 20 minutes each mission has the "lagged" effect that OFP had. Stuttering motion every 5 seconds even is you do not move. Restarting Arma (or sometimes only restarting mission) solves the problem

Not sure Bugs but irritating:

- Load/Auto Load & retry seems only loads last save (- save mission tweak has no impact)

- Even in Regular mode (with setting novice) the AI is almost not to beat

- AI can see through grass (as mentioned several times)

- Interior of Shilka & vulcan similar (drivers position)

- Large formations not able to split into groups/teams

- AI fires from a great distance and seem to be super natural

- With 5.1 sound the rear speakers are not used properly (to soft)

Performance:

- With a 7950GT 512 playable at High settings

- With a 7600GT 256 Medium

An M1A1, placed right behind a T72 won't attack the T72.

He will just stand there and wait, until the T72 turns around and kills him.

He will attack lesser armor though (like BMPs or Shilkas).

arma2006-12-0209-49-18-37.jpg

Test Mission Setup

V 1.1.0.5094

Kronzky: i also tested almost identical situation. Putting friendly Stryker 50m behind BMP-2 and BMP never turns around to see it, turn out or investigate the area...

Hi..

I guess i found a bug in the config.bin of the weapons.pbo in german version 1.01...

In line 1584 is the eastern ammobox filled with 1rnd_HE_M203. In my opinion it should be 1rnd_HE_GP25...

whistle.gif

And the SpecialBoxWest in line 1339 contains a M24 sniper weapon but no ammo (5Rnd_762x51_M24)...

icon_rolleyes.gif

AI is terribly strong..

When you have to destroy a convoy as soon as the bmp drives over the mine the other bmp and soldiers know *exactly* under which bush I hide like they've known all along and just waited for a reason to shoot me.. frustrating..

And the blow up the brigde mission during the campain is still hard to complete because AI starts attacking some other US Soldiers from the bridge and then not all units cross the river. Takes ages to get the "Flash flash flash" radio message..

And I think there are several typos in the mission briefing (it's geraldo not gelardo, right?) German ver. 1.01

sorry for being so anal.. confused_o.gif

heres a bug report from kenji the lucky git

Quote[/b] ]

system

p4 3.2ghz

2048 ddr

7600GT 256DDR

sb audigy

-brdm-2

brdm-2/atgm interior very odd problem

BRDM2odd.jpg

also odd striker have gunner interior but brdm-2 no have + both normal/atgm version use same interior but both be much different in real life

-T-72

armour is to much model ingame t-72M1 but have armour <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">armor = 750;

which much closer T-72B.

T-72M1 armour similar thickness T-72A which 500mm v apfsds and 560mm v heat

T-72 coppula current very wrong

T72odd.jpg

top how it real life if commander is look forword, the mg is position on rear of comander hatch so point back word when no in use. arma bis have gun point forward but commander periscope + ir search light face back word.

current also it possible use mg inside turret, this no posilbe on T-72M1 but simple config change fix ^_^

in t-72 config change in comander turret section

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">inGunnerMayFire = 1;

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">inGunnerMayFire = 0;

M1A1 also same problem

Current T-72 also have super round cappable pentrate M1A1 with 900mm armour single shot >_< even bm48 no cappable penetrate 800mm.

also call main gun D-81 it no wrong but unusual people call russian 125mm name most call 2A46. would be better show ammo instead of gun name so easier see what gun load with than open action menu to see

-BMP-2/Striker

no periscope work on bmp-2 cargo postion and striker gunner position

striker.jpg

do striker no have commander also current it only driver+ gunner

-Harrier

no vstol why pick harrier if can no hover >_<

-ka50

no ejector seat

-General bug

still possible kill tank use grenade

armour system still dumb hit point system where damage add up

tank easy driver threw trees not even slow down

tank comander optic(T-72/M1A1/BMP-2) are no able zoom, makes spot targets very hard

all brdm-2/striker gunner optic are no able to zoom makes hit targets very hard

new notepad harder use than old ofp have click direct on name of tab to change page, would be easier if just click tab

sometime pick two satchel but only able place one

if sprint then try go prone often solder continue run 4 or 5 more step before dive to ground v_v

unable crawl back word downstairs sometime

if detonate satchel or tank hit mine ai instant know where you are

AI helicopter often crash side building or hill

tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Shouldnt be that hard, and firing the top MG from the interior of the tank doesnt make any sense, i think overall Arma might be a dream come true but it does need alot of finetunning work confused_o.gif .

Has anyone driven a car into the water yet?

In the Sahrani mission editor I placed a car in the middle of a large city, then decided to drive my car off the edge of a pier.

Well, the car flew into the water and sunk to the bottom of the pier - great stuff.

Then the car went on fire? WTF!!! I know it will be a generic setdamage script, but cars don't go on fire when they submerge in water, do they?? Same with tanks etc..

A minor problem, I know but I wonder if this "feature" would make the development of submarines impossible???

first, sorry for my bad english ...

version: german arma 1.01

- brdm: same problem with the commander view in 3rd like the bmp

- brdm: if i drive to the left, the steering wheel goes right and converse

- free look: if i activate free look to watch around my plane/heli with the mouse i controll the vehicle, too.

- boat: if i place a boat on the island, i can hear the "water sound".

- no compass inside the heli or plane

wishlist:

activate the old ofp menu. for example: i think it takes to much time to drop down a weapon with this new menu. the old one is better.

bmp and ka-50: what is half and full ammunition? where is the AP and HE?

In the Sahrani mission editor I placed a car in the middle of a large city, then decided to drive my car off the edge of a pier.

Well, the car flew into the water and sunk to the bottom of the pier - great stuff.

Then the car went on fire? WTF!!! I know it will be a generic setdamage script, but cars don't go on fire when they submerge in water, do they?? Same with tanks etc..

A minor problem, I know but I wonder if this "feature" would make the development of submarines impossible???

Well boats wont blow up in water. The water has the same effect on vehicles as it did in OFP. Submarines are possible.

Well boats wont blow up in water. The water has the same effect on vehicles as it did in OFP. Submarines are possible.

Boats aren't underwater though are they Matt?

I am thinking there might be a script that increases damage to any vehicle beneath the waterline.

I hope there is a property that can be set in an addon's config.cpp, to say "do not take damage when underwater".

EDIT: How did the OFP subs do it?

Did I miss something or it is impossible to guide a single missile in this game??

At least I tried TOW and AT-5.

I mean guide it after launch, through optics, like almost every missile in OFP.

Oh, and while I m at it, sometimes I need 2 or even 3 M136 to destroy a BMP-2. It's like rockets hit the BMP but do no damage. Is it normal?

They should just kill the cars engine or remove its fuel, i think the damage might be a leftover from the OPF oceans of death.

Anyone tried to dive or place himself in the deep water?

I can't even drive from the south to the north of Sahra without ctd or even a full crash (reboot).

I hope this will get fixed soon. I gonna look for the logfiles and post them here.

Boats aren't underwater though are they Matt?

I am thinking there might be a script that increases damage to any vehicle beneath the waterline.

I hope there is a property that can be set in an addon's config.cpp, to say "do not take damage when underwater".

EDIT: How did the OFP subs do it?

The subs were "boats", just further down under the water.

There is no "script" to damage vehicles under the water, the Engine doesn't run on scripts - that's just for mods. It's part of the engine. If a vehicle isn't meant to go into water (like a jeep), the water will destroy it. If it is meant to got on water then it will float at whatever height it is suppose to (like under water for subs). Even if you shove a boat or an amphibious vehicle under water, it's just gonna float back up. Vehicles (at least in OFP, I can only speculate with ArmA) don't need to be completely under water to take damage. When the OFP BMP floats in water, that same level of submersion would destroy an Abrams but does nothing to the BMP.

Oh, and while I m at it, sometimes I need 2 or even 3 M136 to destroy a BMP-2. It's like rockets hit the BMP but do no damage. Is it normal?

I think it is. You need to hit them at the weak spots (between the bulk and the turret, or right on top of the turret if you are in an elevated position). This kills them with one shot. Of course you'll sometimes need more shots, when you aim or the heavily armored parts at the body.

Other bugs:

M24 is firing tracer rounds, SVD is not.

M240 and M134 Minigun increase brightness when firing at night, other rifles don't (those I tested so far).

Tracers of M134 and MG's do not bounce off the surface, G36 rounds do...

The config.bin is strange. Magazines and weapons both have entries for sounds to play. Which one is for what or is this not as it should be?

We need a patch, I guess...especially for the sound and gfx issues mentioned so far.