Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

problem with the download links provided on front page

the first link cuts out during download so i cant continue it.

1st mirror is not opening.

2nd mirror has expired.

anyone have a new link for me?

causticwindow911: Thanks! Anyone can use anything I have made if they want to.

SimraN: Please make sure you have run the appropriate install .bat files in the @SLX folder, and that you have the .cpp file from @SLX\Mod configs\@WGL5\bin\ in your @WGL5\bin\ folder and that it says "// SLX WGL 5.12 Config.cpp" at the top and that your OFP shortcut has "-mod=@SLX;@WGL5" at the end. Try that and hopefully it might work. :]

prodetar2: Sorry, I haven't updated them yet! Here's a mirror for 1.08:

SLX Mod 1.08 @ FileFront.com

Thanks to snoofkin911 for finding it!

SimraN: Please make sure you have run the appropriate install .bat files in the @SLX folder, and that you have the .cpp file from @SLX\Mod configs\@WGL5\bin\ in your @WGL5\bin\ folder and that it says "// SLX WGL 5.12 Config.cpp" at the top and that your OFP shortcut has "-mod=@SLX;@WGL5" at the end. Try that and hopefully it might work. :]

success!! biggrin_o.gif

it looks like I used to wrong install.bat, I used to no HTWL, not knowing what HTWL was, I reinstalled using the normal install.bat and it works perfectly now rofl.gif

thanks heaps for you're help Solus, a truly awsome mod notworthy.gif

@Solus: I love to hear you are allready going to implement SLX into ArmA, what features will it have?

I loved to play OFP with SLX but I completely removed OFP from my pc so I only have ArmA on it, for some more space and better performance.

If you need some beta-testers for the ArmA config, please give me a shout smile_o.gif

prodetar2: Sorry, I haven't updated them yet! Here's a mirror for 1.08:

SLX Mod 1.08 @ FileFront.com

original post: yay thank you Solus. should work this time!

edit:

im getting numerious errors:

cannot open object data3d\optika_ak74.p3d  <--- i cant put east soldiers on the battlefield due to this.

other error: cannot open object data3d\crateronvehicle.p3d

also islands were replaced right? im not noticing any change on Malden. except for the grass and some land textures.

nothing more though.

if this has been reported already please tell me where i can find the solution.

edit2: i cant see how many bullets i ahve since its just outside my screen i can only see the "3" of 3 mags.

what that all about?

SimraN: Glad you got it working. :]

paragraphic l: Ideally, or eventually, everything OFP SLX has, and much more.

prodetar2: SimraN just had the exact same problem you have, please read his previous posts to find the solution. Please read all of the readme files and this entire thread before asking any more questions, thank you. :]

Here's the 1.09 release:

SLX_Mod_1.09.rar 34.3MB @ RogePost.com

Changes:

Changed mod config use.

Changed radar display size and position.

Many small tweaks.

Removed speed and altitude readouts on OFP HUD to make vehicle instruments useful instead of redundant.

Made AI's able to turn all the way to the side for shooting to the sides while running.

Iron sights have variable field of view with lowest zoom the same as regular view zoom and maximum zoom at 90 degrees.

Made SF soldiers have flashlights.

Round binocular optics.

Made basic rifle classes have bayonets so special classes are no longer needed.

Added launched smoke grenades that grenadiers launch at enemies first.

Made CoC Artillery shells play the medium range hit sound by default so if the CoC scripted ranged sounds don't work then there will at least be a sound for a hit. If the CoC scripts are working then it should still sound the same.

More and faster pistol movement modes and ability to shoot while moving prone.

Can look through optics while rolling to see the view roll around.

Forests conceal better.

Added tracer magazines to officer loadouts.

Made voices enabled by default in all configs.

Made added replacement pack models not needed in configs.

Added weapons in cargo of vehicles. Many more AT weapons.

CAVS armor and weapon settings.

Changed tank armor to make hitting a tank in the engine easily disable it. Tank guns have more armor to simulate better front protection and reduce the chance of situations where only the gun gets damaged and droops down. Hitting tanks in the side does more damage than hitting them in the front and hitting near the back of the side has a better chance of penetrating and hitting the engine.

Added FFUR2007 config.

Updated SLX_GL3.pbo to version 1.05.

Changes:

Adjusted munitions windage and size and speed of hit effects.

Made suppressive fire have a chance of affecting units according to their skill.

Made squads suppress enemies when there are no visible targets. Invisible targets are placed at the last spotted position of enemy units and the AI's will shoot at them if there are no actual enemies visible, resulting in suppressive fire being used against hiding enemies. Thanks to Terox and BAS for invisible targets examples!

Made tracers appear every 4 rounds and made options to always have tracers.

Made shot effect play supersonic sounds and make the trace when a projectile is traveling at supersonic speeds. Thanks to Dslyecxi for the sounds!

Added checks to see if player is leader before all combat mode and group behaviour changes.

Made units garrisoning buildings not stop when inside, which might have fixed the bug where squads won't return to their waypoints after garrisoning a building.

Made vehicles with engines off have a chance of catching on fire when damaged.

Added basic helicopter rotor wash effect to aircraft wind script.

Added basic aircraft crashing into water effect.

Rocket deviation and flying with wind.

RPG flight characteristics, flying into wind.

Made helicopters rate less than tanks so they will try to fly away so they don't get torn apart by commander machine guns so often. They might also sometimes engage from standoff ranges with missiles.

Made withdrawing AI's less likely to keep shooting.

Revealing enemy units to known allies and backup groups should work now. Enemies are revealed to all air units to aid engagement.

Made groups call for backup more often. If a squad is withdrawing they will call for backup if their ally will help match the enemies strength. If the squad's strength is about equal to the enemy they will call for backup only if their ally will help overmatch the enemy. The called backup had to always overmatch the enemy in previous versions.

Give melee script makes units with binoculars have them as the first item so the melee weapon or NVG's won't show up when using binoculars.

Added rocket\missile backblast and smoke.

Added ejected empty casings effect for vehicle fired bullets.

Added launched smoke grenade effect.

Basic AI join feature\squad join feature.

Basic surrendering. Chance of a squad fleeing based on enemy strength. Squads surrender when they are fleeing with a chance based on leader's skill.

Added variations to the height of smoke columns and fires from similar objects.

Updated SLX_Wounds.pbo to version 1.02.

Changes:

Made dragging wounded have very basic MP compatibility.

Made SLX Wounds work without GL3 being initialized or run. Should work independently now.

Made ally helpers script work without GL3 running.

Included example unit in config.

Added checks to see if player is leader before all combat mode changes.

Made ally helpers script a little more reliable. Possibly resolved some crashes.

Possibly resolved some crashes in the wounds script.

Possibly made wounded enemy units get taken captive more reliably. Wounded enemies that are no longer captive should not be dragged by AI's anymore so that they will just get attacked instead.

Possibly fixed crash on dropping weapons with grenade launchers or multiple barrels while launcher is selected. This is probably the one that was the most noticable random crash, it might be the last crash bug and if it is fixed then SLX Wounds and SLX mod should be almost 100% stable.

Possibly fixed crash on taking weapons. Thanks Shadow NX!!

Various small changes for captives.

More reliable captive killing rating reduction working for GL3 surrendered units too.

Updated SLX_Vehicles.pbo to version 1.02.

Updated SLX_Melee.pbo to version 1.02.

Wow nice list, will reinstall OFP if I get the time for this soon, or else I will wait for ArmA release biggrin_o.gif

Just as I'm looking for something new to do today, v1.09 is released. Many thanks, Solus.

Absolutely amazing work. The animations are awesome! Just played Bomberman....seems like the AI got a complete overhaul. They drag their wounded away....that was a major surprise! Cool! Only one niggling problem, I love the dirt kickup when rounds hit the ground however it seems to kick up in the wrong place. Makes it difficult to tell where the rounds are hitting when looking through the scope. The sound effects are top notch...especially enemy rounds as they fly over your head. Thanks for the work here....truly awesome.

Is it possible that this broke the missions? The Bomberman mission doesnt seem to work anymore. The convoy doesnt come down the road as usual. Eventually a tank and a couple apc's come down looking for me but they dont follow the road as usual. Makes it all but impossible.

Is it possible that this broke the missions? The Bomberman mission doesnt seem to work anymore. The convoy doesnt come down the road as usual. Eventually a tank and a couple apc's come down looking for me but they dont follow the road as usual. Makes it all but impossible.

yes , it is true that there are some BIS mission broken , for example in bomberman one of the teams that must wait for the signal to engage the enemy starts to fire from the start, so all the stealth plan goes to the Wastebasket and the mission fails.

other example , in the mission pathfinder , in CWC campaign , the squad instead of engaging the enemy falls back like chickens so the mission doesn't even start , it's like if they were afraid of the armor or something.

other issues and observations :

i like the new surpressive fire , if the enemy discover your possition you are f**ed biggrin_o.gif , they throw at you all they've got , grenades , bullets , rpg's ...

i think rpg soldiers shouldn't waste their ammo so happily with the infantry because later comes the armor vehicles and they are all out of ammo , it's a problem huh.gif

in general for what i have been testing the behavior of the AI is even more agressive than in 1.08 version in some cases , and more cautious in others ,i think it has to do with the squad leader ... maybe this should be fixed a bit so it don't break BIS missions , for the rest the mod is completely awesome thumbs-up.gif

BTW, your SLX ffur 2007 is now obsolete , thunderbird has made a 1.021 version , also there is a problem with the UAZ p3d in your slx ffur config , i think you would want to know wink_o.gif

Edit : with only the SLX Mod , this mesage appears in the presentation screen

dibujodn9.jpg

Works perfect with ffur. But the ecp config doesnt work. I get "preprocessor failed on file config.cpp -error 1". I reinstalled ecp, copied @ecp+@slx folder to gamedir and shortcut is -mod=@SLX;@ECP;@ECP+@SLX. And when i directly copied the ecp stuff over then some of the new features didnt work.. like rolling with gunsight.

Edit: player surrenders automatically and this sucks

biggrin_o.gif deffently downloading this, could some please put up another mirror, the default one is really really slow for me:( thank you:)

success!! biggrin_o.gif

it looks like I used to wrong install.bat, I used to no HTWL, not knowing what HTWL was, I reinstalled using the normal install.bat and it works perfectly now rofl.gif

how did you do it?

i cant make it to work...

i used HWTL, NO HWTL and the 98ME version he first and last worked but i still got the errors + the no HWTL seems to faultive on my end... when i start SLX up it opens ofp for a second or so then cuts out... plz assist me someone. sad_o.gif

Great to see you back Solus!

Thanks for implementing the suppresive/skill feature I've always wanted that.

Everything works fine except for FFUR. Which config do I use, FFUR's SLX, or SLX's FFUR? So far using SLX's, I get an animation error being the soldier get's buried in the ground when I try to turn or lean. When using's FFUR's config, I lose many of SLX's features. Does this have to do with the latest FFUR patch? I've tried just about every combo I can think of as well as switching up order in the shortcut.

Thanks again for the great work biggrin_o.gif

paragraphic l: Thanks, the ArmA SLX mod is coming along well. :] Unfortunately it looks like only GL3 is going be included in the first release because all of the others are dependant on animations which aren't compatible with the new skeleton. After the first ArmA SLX mod release I'll look into finding a way to make animations for the new skeleton so that the other addons can be used. So far the ArmA SLX mod config mostly only has modified particle effects. Refined weapon, vehicle, and island config settings will probably be in the second release.

william1: Thanks! I included some options in the settings sqf so you can have some control over how squads perform in different missions. I'll see if I can make RPG's not be used against infantry so often, maybe raising the cost will make the AI's be more careful with them. Although there are a lot more RPG's in vehicles so maybe the AI's will try and resupply from them. The included FFUR config was for FFUR2007 1.0, but the latest FFUR patch and SLX config in the first post of the FFUR release thread works fine for me. That error message is from the JAM magazines defined in the rifle configs, I forgot that OFP checks those and I hadn't run without JAM so I never caught that bug. You can fix it by running OFP with JAM in the addons folder and that error should go away. If there is an update then that error will be fixed.

AKM: Thanks!

Kegel: Thank you! :] You can make the hit effects more accurate by setting SLX_ShotFX=2; in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX folder. Be careful though because it might cause crashes. I'll check out the bomberman mission and see if it's working right for me. You can change how agressive and alert the AI's are in the settings sqf too.

jackass888: Sorry, I hadn't tried running ECP with the new config use yet! :/ To fix that error, just copy the "sound.h" or "sound_dr.h" in your @ECP\bin\ folder to the @ECP+@SLX\bin\ folder and it sould work. I'll include that fix if there is a future update. I didn't copy the new animations class to the ECP config so there's no new stuff there, sorry. You can do it yourself though, it should work by just copying the CfgMovesMC from the default SLX config and replacing the one in the ECP config. The surrendering is very basic and I haven't had much time to test it yet, sorry. You can turn it off or configure it a little in the settings sqf in the @SLX folder.

SimraN: I'll try and get some more mirrors in a bit.

prodetar2: Sorry, I don't know what the problem could be. :[ Try reinstalling the SLX mod maybe.

Kyla: Sorry, it's the same error as the ECP config has, the files that the config uses have to be in the same mod folder. To fix it just copy all of the files and folders in your WGL bin folder to the @WGL5+@SLX\bin\ folder but don't replace anything in there. Also make sure all the files are in the folders that you copied over, and that the WGL+SLX config didn't get overwritten. Hopefully that should work.

froggyluv: Thanks! :] Don't use the FFUR config from the SLX_Mod_1.09.rar as it's for the FFUR2007 1.0 release. Get the latest FFUR patches and SLX config from the FFUR release thread. Also make sure your're using the latest FFUR + SLX config in the FFUR2007+@SLX folder.

I finally got everything to work by manually pulling files from SLX/add-ons and putting them in FFUR/add-ons crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Don't ask how, I've been switchin files and bins for the last 2 hours and just finally rolled a 7. This is great stuff Solus, frankly I can't imagine asking for anything else  I'm sure I'll think of something...

FFUR +SLX= nice.

success!! biggrin_o.gif

how did you do it?

i cant make it to work...

i used HWTL, NO HWTL and the 98ME version he first and last worked but i still got the errors + the no HWTL seems to faultive on my end... when i start SLX up it opens ofp for a second or so then cuts out... plz assist me someone. sad_o.gif

well, my first error was, the shortcut target, i had like "-mod=@wgl5-mod=@SLX, by mistake I put a space between wgl5 and the -mod=@SLX and it worked, bringing up the blue sky on the main menu instead of the default wgl screen, then it started saying the data not found optika-ak-74(magic) and something else about crater holes or something when I shot a tank, and all the trees and bushes had white squares and stuff still.2nd, I dunno really what happend, I deleted the config which was suppose to be the slx-wgl config, then just re-copied it, last I forgot which install.bat I used, so I just did the No-HTWL (xp version), tried it, didn't work, then I did the normal one and sure enough it worked. I've been having problems with this mod for ages too!, I couldnt get it to work with FFUR 2.5 at all, but I've finally gotten it working with WGL 1.12.

hope this might help you some way smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Made squads suppress enemies when there are no visible targets. Invisible targets are placed at the last spotted position of enemy units and the AI's will shoot at them if there are no actual enemies visible, resulting in suppressive fire being used against hiding enemies. Thanks to Terox and BAS for invisible targets examples!

i think this is the feature doesn't work properly , i've been testing the mission pathfinder of CWC campaign and it dosen't matter the changes i do in the SLX gl3 settings , the AI of my group don't act the way it should , , it's like the invisible target was placed in the oppositte direction of the enemy and my squad goes then in the wrong direction huh.gif

dibujo1111vl3.jpg

i think this may be the cause as well for the breaking of the single mission "bomberman" ,maybe the ai creates invisible targets even when it is supposed to be in no fire mode , i don't know huh.gif

[quote name=prodetar2' date='Jan. 10 2007,14:45

well, my first error was, the shortcut target, i had like "-mod=@wgl5-mod=@SLX, by mistake I put a space between wgl5 and the -mod=@SLX and it worked, bringing up the blue sky on the main menu instead of the default wgl screen, then it started saying the data not found optika-ak-74(magic) and something else about crater holes or something when I shot a tank, and all the trees and bushes had white squares and stuff still.2nd, I dunno really what happend, I deleted the config which was suppose to be the slx-wgl config, then just re-copied it, last I forgot which install.bat I used, so I just did the No-HTWL (xp version), tried it, didn't work, then I did the normal one and sure enough it worked. I've been having problems with this mod for ages too!, I couldnt get it to work with FFUR 2.5 at all, but I've finally gotten it working with WGL 1.12.

hope this might help you some way  smile_o.gif

ok maybe i shouldve mentioned but i dont use wgl...

not any mod. (atm)

and what does hwtl mean?

maybe it has been asked before but ill just ask again smile_o.gif

how do i know if have hwtl?

could be a stupid question smile_o.gif

hey solus,

i wanted you to ask if the 1.09 version is a stand alone ver. or an update??

btw. impressive work inlove.gifbiggrin_o.gif

thx

schulz