Sign in to follow this  
mr. Duck

Another scifi thing

Well, you could use:

Those wanzers addons

Hitchers aliens

Zabrak

Predator and/or alien

Starship trooper bugs (if they ever become lag/bug free)

Terminator

Heck you could even use the soviets. Just make up a story about some terrans falling in some kind of wormhole/vortex/[insert some fancy hole name here] and travelling back in time. Hey it's scifi after all...

So far the best enemies for these dudes are hitchers aliens. Runner up would be the wanzers combined with zabrak as (cannon fodder) infantry.

I would not reccomend them for fights against the SG mod's goauld's. This is because for some reason firefights with goauld's tend to be one way (goauld's don't shoot terrans, only tau'ri).This is only for their infantry. The support weapon and deathglider (aka deathcoffin) will fire at terrans (if it's not the troops, it's the vehicles).

biggrin_o.gif

in fact i use the wanzer pack, and the stormtrooper (lol) made by philcommando, and the stormrider by the same author biggrin_o.gif

i begun an ennemy for your terrans, if you like it, he is for you wink_o.gif

monsterfa1.th.jpg

monster2xm1.th.jpg

btw: i used the smooth tool, to have a rather good model to show you, but this dude is not finished smile_o.gif

He looks good, how big is he (compared to a standard BIS human). I'm interested smile_o.gif

Fighting against borg drones get's boring (too easy to kill), fighting against predators is scary (especially in the woods). Need a mid route.

Interesting...but I like Mr. Duck's "super troopers" models more,they look like ultra modern knights! biggrin_o.gif

btw @ Mr. Duck,Can you please share that fixed terran troops addon file? That error it gives me every time I start ofp get's on me tailpipe.

Quote[/b] ]He looks good, how big is he (compared to a standard BIS human)

just add an other head to the BIS model wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Interesting...but I like Mr. Duck's "super troopers" models more,they look like ultra modern knights!

i can't do the same soldiers confused_o.gif the idea came from a halo trailer. and this ennemy, as I said, is not finished at all. i will add an armor etc, if mr duck want it.

It looks cool. Nicely done Dante wink_o.gif

Maybe mix it a bit like Halo, Marines / Aliens and in your sci fi thing, like Marines / Mutants? or also aliens?

ltrs

thx Sentry. yeah good ideas, but i don't want to mix our two projects, because ofp or arma need both wink_o.gif

Troops/weapon updates now available. The armor has been released too.

Here you go

smile_o.gif

Now you should have some more firepower against those space invaders (but the spider tank remains dangerous).

First page has been updated!!!!!! Go see it for more details regarding this addon!!!

Absolutely, positively fabulous Mr . Duck! Mega Thanks!

Hope you get a chance to convert these into Armed Assault. pistols.gif

Wow, these look great! But I can't download... huh.gif "No free servers availible" ... Any mirrors?

First page updated with extra link (bottom one is the new link), it's crapidshare... Sorry... sad_o.gif (anybody else know some good upload sites?)

Oh I'm LOVING this! So much more fun than the authentic-shine-on-shoe-lace stuff I've been playing. Now I just need something to shoot.. pistols.gif

Erm, sorry for digging this up but the latest version doesn't seem to be available anymore... Could anybody post it somewhere for download, plz? help.gif

No problem I uploaded it to Sendspace. I cant even find the upload menu on Crapidshare...I guess they don't do freebies anymore.

I had to get the PBOs straight from my addon folder which has about a billion addons so let me know if I missed something.

Terran Marines Fixed

Thanks, redpride, that did it! biggrin_o.gif

The only strange is that there are some SpecOp Terrans there which if I try to put them in the editor, I get a "no .ModelSpecial found" error... But besides that everything seems to be ok! biggrin_o.gif

That's odd..you shouldn't be getting any error messages from any of these units...but I do recall problems with the older version units giving me an error message , make sure you overwrite the old ones with these I gave ya.

since i'm using the terranforce i have squared clouds..

i also think that the weapons of the soldiers make to much smoke because when you shoot a round or less you're not able to see anything through the optics...

well, anyways that are some great addons

keep it up dude biggrin_o.gif

redpride, the only ones I have installed are those from the .rar file you posted for download... confused_o.gif

Then again, the readme only refers to the existance of the normal terran troopers, it doesn't make any reference to any SpecOp variants... maybe it's a feature Mr.Duck was developing but hasn't finished yet? huh.gif

Alright here's the lowdown...

I tried finding the latest 'TerranTroop.rar' I downloaded onto my hard drive originally but ended up miraculously finding the first beta version instead (the one without the armor & special Ops units incomplete yet). They are a lot smaller files from the ones I uploaded so I'm pretty sure the ones you got are the latest version.

I unpacked the pbo's which I uploaded, ran every unit just to make sure and never came accross any error message.

My guess is that you have add ons or mods which are conflicting with these babies (I've had that happen to me with the VME and Turkish mod). Try running the game with mods turned off or running with terran stuff and just the basic addons.

Oh and btw I accidentally put in that zip Terr2.pbo which is just a female soldier from Command and Conquer under Resistance and isn't Mr. Ducks, you can get rid of that, sorry banghead.gif

I'll fix the package...