Sign in to follow this  
mr. Duck

Another scifi thing

I recently played around with the M65 and the AI did go after it. Course it took 4 wanzers an whole load of Terran armor and troops, but we did kill the driver.

Another time I droped a nuke on it smile_o.gif Killed the driver to ,but left the M65 intact. If I remember right, I altered the config a bit along with 2 ooooold addons called "Mammoth tank"this was way befor the GDI one..... and "Apocalypse tank".

The old mammoth one had a problem with AI not wanting to kill it until it was a tossed into the air about a foot.....then they kick the shit out of it.

On another note will your dropship be equipped "hypothetically" to leave the atmosphere? If not there is a old game called "MACE GRIFFIN Bounty Hunter". It has some cool interplanetary dropships like the Pallbearer MKIII and the MUSTANG combat dropship.

You could walk around inside ,and still fly the ship. They even had cargoholds and weapon lockers. If I can find this game for the PC, I might even take a shot at making one myself smile_o.gif I only have it for the ps2 right now.

So far the coolest game featuring Reentry and whatnot was a failure of a promising gem called "BREED", if anyone remembers it... it had beautiful graphics and featured character-change in a team, multiple-turreted vehicles, walk inside vehicles, and seamless reentry from space to atmosphere... I'll post some trailers in youtube if possible, though anyone can grab the best at fileplanet... Btw the tank and APC from BREED really rocked! biggrin_o.gif Though I must admit I've only played the demo...

There's this freeware space simulator for PC called Orbiter which has realistic re-entry and space simulation flight dynamics. Although it's not a shoot-em-up and you won't find any lasers or missiles it's still pretty addicting and it's got a big add on community.

BTW how did you manage to get the AI to attack it?

There's this freeware space simulator for PC called Orbiter which has realistic re-entry and space simulation flight dynamics. Although it's not a shoot-em-up and you won't find any lasers or missiles it's still pretty addicting and it's got a big add on community.

BTW how did you manage to get the AI to attack it?

I can post the config ,but I can't re release the whole addon.

Here's the part of the old config that was the trouble.

side=2;

Scope=2;

sensitivity=2;

soundEngine[]={"\M65 Ares\E.wav",db-10,1.1};

vehicleClass = "MitRA Tech";

crew="SoldierEB";

cost=10000000;

armor=10000;

canHideBodies=1;

canfiregun=1;

extCameraPosition[]={0,3,-25};

namesound = "truck";

displayName="M65 Ares";

accuracy=2;

maxSpeed=500;

wheelCircumference=19;

turnCoef=12.000000;

terrainCoef=2.000000

brakeDistance=10;

model="\M65 Ares\Ares.p3d";

hasDriver = 1;

hasGunner = 0;

driverisgunner = 1;

hasCommander = 0;

getinradius = 10;

armorGunner=10000;

armorDriver=10000;

armorGlass=10000;

armorWheels=10000;

armorEngine=10000;

armorBody=10000;

damperforce=3;

damperSize=2.5;

picture="\M65 Ares\Icon.pac";

icon="\data\Truck.paa";

And here's the new one.

side=2;

Scope=2;

sensitivity=2;

soundEngine[]={"\M65 Ares\E.wav",db-10,1.1};

vehicleClass = "MitRA Tech";

crew="SoldierEB";

cost=10000000;

armor=5000;

canHideBodies=1;

canfiregun=1;

extCameraPosition[]={0,3,-25};

namesound = "truck";

displayName="M65 Ares";

accuracy=2;

maxSpeed=500;

wheelCircumference=19;

turnCoef=12.000000;

terrainCoef=2.000000

brakeDistance=10;

model="\M65 Ares\Ares.p3d";

hasDriver = 1;

hasGunner = 0;

driverisgunner = 1;

hasCommander = 0;

getinradius = 10;

armorGunner=5000;

armorDriver=5000;

armorGlass=5000;

armorWheels=5000;

armorEngine=5000;

armorBody=5000;

damperforce=3;

damperSize=2.5;

picture="\M65 Ares\Icon.pac";

icon="\data\Truck.paa";

Now things will attack it. Still takes alot to kill it , but 3 packs of M1A1's can destroy it pretty quick.

Sorry for being off topic.

this config made it work now , mega thanks thunder bunny notworthy.gif .So too much armor caused the AI to not even bother shooting at it?

Yep 2 platoons of M1A1's can barely take it out..but 1 platoon of GDI Mammoth Tanks have no problem. pistols.gif

Which Mammoth tank did you use? The one made by that spanish guy? I've always wanted to try that one out but I thought it really shouldn't be dependant on other addons... could it be made somehow addon-independent by changing the config? I remember having sent mails to the author about it but I've never gotten any reply...

BUZZARD @ June 21 2007,17:49)]Which Mammoth tank did you use? The one made by that spanish guy? I've always wanted to try that one out but I thought it really shouldn't be dependant on other addons... could it be made somehow addon-independent by changing the config? I remember having sent mails to the author about it but I've never gotten any reply...

Yes, you could, send me the config and I'll show you where you can find that addon dependancy line (and how to change it).

On track:

Does anybody here have a good idea for a human fighter? A fighter that is capable of fighting in space as well as in the atmosphere? Something like the thunderbolt starfury but quite different... But not something like an X-wing, just a believable design... whistle.gif

So far the gunship & troop transport is "finished"...

This bad boy!..one of the best Tanks ever made for OFP! (apart from Mr Duck's fabulous armor)

flashpointresistance200bu4.jpg

The way OFP works with addons is weird..especially regarding the AI.

OH and if you're looking for some neat ideas for space ship models try here..http://www.turbosquid.com/3d. some really cool looking aircraft designs. But if you want my opinion I particularly like space ship designs from HomeWorld game series. Like this one.

Homeworld2_1_opt.jpg

Heh ,no problem, it took me and about 3 full squads of heavy gears to take out the M65.

As for fighter design, I've always loved the Battletech universe brand of ,PC games, lore/history ,tech manuals..... not a big fan of playing the table top game though.

But their AREOTECH branch of tech is endless. Every craft imaginable http://www.star-ranger.com/BattleSpace.htm

I'll try to find a site with tech manuals posted online if you want.

The tech remains earth based and within the realm of possibilities. Some ships have reactors, but still need fuel to fly. Some are capable of VTOL some aren't.

When you make your ships will they use the STARWARS scripts for take off and landing? I like it when you can land anywhere you want in the middle of a battle.

BUZZARD @ June 21 2007,17:49)]Which Mammoth tank did you use? The one made by that spanish guy? I've always wanted to try that one out but I thought it really shouldn't be dependant on other addons... could it be made somehow addon-independent by changing the config? I remember having sent mails to the author about it but I've never gotten any reply...

Yes, you could, send me the config and I'll show you where you can find that addon dependancy line (and how to change it).

On track:

Does anybody here have a good idea for a human fighter? A fighter that is capable of fighting in space as well as in the atmosphere? Something like the thunderbolt starfury but quite different... But not something like an X-wing, just a believable design... whistle.gif

So far the gunship & troop transport is "finished"...

Not to bug ya ,but do you need beta testers for the air units? wink_o.gif

Nope sorry, no need for beta testers (for now), besides people who beta tested with me are also people who helped me in other areas (scripting, modelling, texturing etc.). So if you want to beta test stuff you should be prepared to contribute in other areas as well smile_o.gif

Any news on this?

Yeah there is something.

Terran Air/Space fighter (textures made by Macser)

fighter1.jpg

fighter2.jpg

I'm still thinking about whether I should put missiles on a rack or in a pod for this one (the fighter)...

Terran Anti Air Defence Vehicle (in game already)

aa1.jpg

Mr Duck Im was wondering if can reupload your Terren Tanks and other Addons you made with Your permission of course.

Since i bought the OFP this Summer and i am way late since you released your Addons over the years .

banghead.gif

i've got the tanks and soldiers but where do i get the other things, fighter and troop transport

what about these for models

Battle cruiser:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/358293

Heavy battleship:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/358279

2nd Heavy battleship:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/311696

Fighter: (also needs scaling)

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/329787

i think they look cool when are the air units going to be released if you can make these into .p3d files ill try and get them in game

I hope so, I've been toying with the idea of GEV (ground effect vehicles) weapons carriers,scouts,troop and such .

Nothing on par with Ducks front line equipment though. My ideas are for a different universe entirely.

Hope he returns soon though.

I don't know if you guys care or not but i just found this cool 'futuristic looking aircraft'. Here's the link if you want to check it out, it goes well with these sci-fi troops.

link