Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Suppose if BIs would prefer people not to try and convert versions to Englkish, they should get the online purchase sorted soon. Its not exactly good that in the Uk for ecsample we have to wait another Quarter before we get the game.

Good stuff sickboy, many are reading this thread and you really are helping the community IMO.

At the end of the day, it is the most hardcore that will import this game in advance - but they are most likley to buy the english version too. This actualy results in more revenue for BIS in the long run. So the anti-cheat thing would really be a thorn in the side.

what i don't understand is why not pump out the english versions we gotta wait till 2007 this sucks there is no punlisher listed for NA booooooooooooooooooooooooo

i guess if we gotta hack are own copy to english till the offical one comes out so be it ive waited long enough banghead.gif

BIs make a new anti - cheat system but not include the punkbuster. This is the most admin-friendly tool to finding the cheaters but we only get the .pbo.bi.bisign files - probaly with the checksum of the main .pbo file.

Follow Current Translation of SP Mission & Campaign here

first thanks sickboy for your great work wink_o.gif

I saw the Translation SP Mission and Campaign Thread.. they said that they have translated ca1,ca2 and ca3 but I don't find the translations for it..

did you upload it or wanna wait until all missions are complete?

first thanks sickboy for your great work wink_o.gif

I saw the Translation SP Mission and Campaign Thread.. they said that they have translated ca1,ca2 and ca3 but I don't find the translations for it..

did you upload it or wanna wait until all missions are complete?

I wait until all are complete.

Campaign was divided by 4, and the single missions by 2. They are almost complete, when that's the case I want to release them as rar.

But also include them in an auto patcher for easyness, but as said earlier  that might progress slow smile_o.gif

I put in an order with some site I can speak German, well enough, but I'd prefer to have it all in English.

I'll most likely also purchase whatever NA version is released.

I want to set up a local dedicated ArmA server so I can get to work porting over the tons of missions and whatnot from my OFP server. That thing has been running for several years straight and has accumulated a lot of junk!

Edit: Removed Link.

I want to set up a local dedicated ArmA server so I can get to work porting over the tons of missions and whatnot from my OFP server.  That thing has been running for several years straight and has accumulated a lot of junk!

I remember your name from our coop mission base wink_o.gif Keep it up smile_o.gif

I hope this is not considered 'double posting', as we are one day further and i'm posting a progress report wink_o.gif Otherwise my sincere apologies smile_o.gif

Progress report:

Translation was divided over 6 parts

3 Parts are done

2 Parts are almost done (Being worked on)

1 Part remains

Now we are getting a few of our English Members to check up the text's and tweak as nececairy.... I expect to be able to release something in the upcoming week, probably near the end of it. Keep you posted!

@sickboy

if you wish I can take a look on the translations and correct some mistakes

Translated to english.

If you wish, I can take a look at the translations and correct any mistakes.

Sorry, I just had to do it.  rofl.gif

Sickboy: thanks for all the hard work! We're getting our copies of Czech version in the following day or two. If you need any help, let me know via PM.

Hmm, conflict between anti-cheats system and changing language, will suck for people who bought game in different languages.... But why would the language thingy be anti-cheat protected, how you can cheat by modifying language file icon_rolleyes.gif

if you wish I can take a look on the translations and correct some mistakes
Sorry m8 @ for now we keep this indoors, but when the progression through the rest of the week seems (too) slow, I will hand it over aswell... I intend to have a release by the end of the week smile_o.gif

Thanks for support either way!

Hmm, conflict between anti-cheats system and changing language, will suck for people who bought game in different languages....  But why would the language thingy be anti-cheat protected, how you can cheat by modifying language file  icon_rolleyes.gif

The language files are included in pbo files, those pbo files are hashed and that hash is saved, when you change the language stuff.. the pbo gets another hash and as such you could have a different file than others.

All languages are already included for the base-game, there is probably a setting hardcoded that it chooses which language the game needs to display.. By using my method, you actually fool the game in telling that the English Stringtable, in fact is Czech... So it takes the English stringtable instead. That little change in the file could lead later to errors when joining cheat-protected servers which are setup to check those specific changed files.

But my best guess is that in the meantime there will be other options available to us to change language, or hey... we paid for the game.... I don't know how legal it is to install a (copied) English version while you have a Czech or German Game+Key that you bought?

Sickboy: thanks for all the hard work! We're getting our copies of Czech version in the following day or two. If you need any help, let me know via PM.
Thanks m8! But credit is not all mine, altough I found it and set it up, my m8s who translate and check the text of the singleplayer missions briefings&overviews are real heroes too!

When it's finished, if you want to personally thank them, do it on the 6thSense.eu forums, as they probably don't have accounts here: (will keep info up2date and move later to first post)

Translators:

Head2000, Tom KQT and Alx

Text Checkers:

My Shortcoming

Will you mates be finished by the 30th November and do they speak German as well  wink_o.gif

They dont have to speak German.

English, German, Czech, Russian, Polish is already all available in the game. Except the Single Player Missions & Campaign Briefings & Overview... They are now being translated from Czech to English... maybe you can explain me why someone would also translate them from German to English when it's already translated from Czech to English?

And I think "End This Week" is before 30th November. Little useless post don't you think?

Will you mates be finished by the 30th November and do they speak German as well  wink_o.gif

They dont have to speak German.

English, German, Czech, Russian, Polish is already all available in the game. Except the Single Player Missions & Campaign Briefings & Overview... They are now being translated from Czech to English... maybe you can explain me why someone would also translate them from German to English when it's already translated from Czech to English?

And I think "End This Week" is before 30th November. Little useless post don't you think?

easy easy I didn't mean any harm I was trying to be funny and obviously failed miserably sad_o.gif I was meaning the briefings etc rather than the stringable so I thought these may need to be translated seperately, I didn't know your re-done pbo's could be loaded to any language version.

I think you guys are doing a great job notworthy.gif and have nothing but respect. I've been watching this thread since you started it as I've preordered a German version because I couldn't wait for the English one. But I'll just go back to lurking and keep my mouth zipped smile_o.gif

I think you guys are doing a great job notworthy.gif and have nothing but respect.  I've been watching this thread since you started it as I've preordered a German version because I couldn't wait for the English one.  But I'll just go back to lurking and keep my mouth zipped  smile_o.gif

Aww no worries been busy solving some huge problem today, just picked up ur post as spam without the possibility of being a funny post wink_o.gif

But indeed, we can use these briefing files in the german version, as easy as in the Czech version, unless they just coded some malice protection against it smile_o.gif

do you guys know if it's possible to play a german version with a czech cd key?
I wanna know the answer to that one aswell smile_o.gif I guess we will know as soon as the game hits the stores in Germany biggrin_o.gif

Hi, changed language to Polish, using tips from the first post (used Editplus on language.pbo and bin.pbo.pbo).

The result was quite funny, now the main screen looks like this:

arma%20do%20oceny.jpg

The writting at the top says:

"Arma, Copyright @ 2006 Bohemia Interactive. Tylko do oceny - nie jest to ostateczna wersja gry."

Translating:

"Arma, Copyright @ 2006 Bohemia Interactive. "Only for review. This is not final version of the game".

Excuse me?

I'm aware that there will be some patch(es) in the future. But... Do I have a reason to start worrying?

Excuse me?

I'm aware that there will be some patch(es) in the future. But... Do I have a reason to start worrying?

You are using an unofficial way to change the language and you expect a good translation from the latest build of the game?

Dont be ridiculous

Ok I see your point. No worries then, so let's call it an eastern egg.