Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Sickboy can you host your two files somewhere please. Many are needing this and it took me an hour before I gave up. Thanks man. I partially have mine translated.

I have no clue how the license agreement works, so no I will not be sharing my files... But I am working with a friend on a patcher wink_o.gif

I updated the first post of this thread, first part of the post, with hopefully better and more clear instructions, incl. the nececairy tools.

Just make sure you use search & replace (CTRL+H) in the editor, and at least CTRL+F to search smile_o.gif Then it doesn't even take 2 minutes smile_o.gif

If people are hungry enough to legitimately by the Czech version why would anyone want to penalize them by making it against the licencing Agreement to convert the game to English. Its bad enough that the English release is 3 months away...lets not start burning the truely harcore dedicated fans.

If people are hungry enough to legitimately by the Czech version why would anyone want to penalize them by making it against the licencing Agreement to convert the game to English. Its bad enough that the English release is 3 months away...lets not start burning the truely harcore dedicated fans.

That's not the point. The point is, if the license agreement states that you may not distribute ArmA original files due to Copyright, then that's that, and that's where the road ends smile_o.gif ... Besides, my method is actually pretty straightforward, easy and fast, if you use PowerGREP you can even edit all files at the same time after you depbo'd them.... Anyone who wants to play it in English can do it now.

If you can find some Czech --> English converters and translate the license agreement to see about the files, then I could share them if not against the agreement, else by all means... edit your files and distribute them in a rar or sth smile_o.gif

Fantastic info , I'm deffo looking into aquiring a copy. Have been waiting far too long for this baby to arrive.

I was going to do this, but heard Czech version has Starforce. Is this true? Because if so, I'm not going to bother. Starforce is the worst thing ever invented.

I was going to do this, but heard Czech version has Starforce. Is this true? Because if so, I'm not going to bother. Starforce is the worst thing ever invented.

I think Placebo mentioned a hundred times to quit whining about StarForce. Who the F cares which protection it got. I never have problems with them, just as other ppl that have proper systems and proper configurations. Anyway, your loss smile_o.gif

hmm well if i get that right - atleast the Czech Version has no installer or preferenceutil where u can switch the language to ur prefered .. unlike OFP

i get a german copy but i like to have english texts to correspond to the spoken messages ..

.. will the german game be switchable .. or do i have to take the measures described here to switch it to english language ż

regs

deFiler aka Solom

hmm well if i get that right - atleast the Czech Version has no installer or preferenceutil where u can switch the language to ur prefered .. unlike OFP

i get a german copy but i like to have english texts to correspond to the spoken messages ..

.. will the german game be switchable .. or do i have to take the measures described here to switch it to english language ż

Most probably the measures that you read in 1st post.

But there might be a patch program out before the German Release, as said before... if I get it roling with my m8 (or somebody else is faster tounge2.gif)

(There is no switch in the game, and the game language=  setting  is already on English... even in the czech version, so I think personally that it corresponds with the cd-key... but maybe Placebo/others could show some insight info tounge2.gif)

I think Placebo mentioned a hundred times to quit whining about StarForce. Who the F cares which protection it got. I never have problems with them, just as other ppl that have proper systems and proper configurations. Anyway, your loss smile_o.gif

And those of us who have had problems with Starforce have a right to complain about it. Good for you, that you had no problems. Wish I was as lucky.

And those of us who have had problems with Starforce have a right to complain about it. Good for you, that you had no problems. Wish I was as lucky.

If it wasn't offtopic, and if Placebo didn't tell ppl to quit about it on their forum, then you indeed had the right to complain about it smile_o.gif

But samething back at yah: I'm sorry you do have/had trouble with it.

with the experience you have from CZ its possible to do the same with German version, right?

sure but what is the reason for stringtables anymore ż

there are kind of useless if u cant switch ... banghead.gif

with the experience you have from CZ its possible to do the same with German version, right?

Probably yes. I think i will get the german version someway. And when english version comes to out in our country i will buy it 100% (y) to show my appreciation for BIS smile_o.gif Because they had to do the hard work.

BTW: I NEVER buy EA games so..

I buy only good stuff (y)

Stringtables also go for missions, addons etc. etc.

So addon/mission makers can include text for multi languages aswell. So stringtable (support) isn't completely useless either way.

Besides, it is only a wild guess that it is connected to cd-key... maybe when more eyes look over it, something else can be found smile_o.gif

Yes, as answered before, I wouldn't know why the German version would be different in this, except if the Publisher now suddenly is gonna press BIS to change code wink_o.gif

Stringtables also go for missions, addons etc. etc.

So addon/mission makers can include text for multi languages aswell. So stringtable (support) isn't completely useless either way.

well except the BWmod i didnt see any german stringtables in Missions , Addons and such .. and i dont really needed em nor used em

because iam used to play the game in english ..

and if no german stringtable is available OFP and i guess ArmA will default to .. English (respectivly column 1 of the stringtable)(ofcourse column 0 wink_o.gif)

i guess BIS is premastering the release for each of the puplishers ..

professionals use automated CVS and buildsystems .. so why have more than one column in the stringtable if the others are not used ..

would not save a lot of space on disk or ram .. but iam not a friend of useless features ..

btw .. does that mean that you see allways the CZ Brief in missions if u owned a CZ version (pre the mission has CZ text) ż

Starforce is a bad thing it sucks games that use starforce does not mean that it is protected games with starforce can be cracked too so it is a bad protection it ruins the game.

It was better if BIS had included a USB key like VBS1 for Arma USB key protection is better.

Hope the version 505 is going to publish would be without starforce and if they want to secure the game from being cracked do it than with USB key protection.

There are some games that use starforce protection and are cracked over the net.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">well except the BWmod i didnt see any german stringtables in Missions , Addons and such ..Mapfact for instance aswell.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">and i dont really needed em nor used em

because iam used to play the game in english ..No offense, but the game is made for a broader amount and variety of ppl wink_o.gif (Don't get me wrong, I'm also an "English-only" freak)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">so why have more than one column in the stringtable if the others are not used ..Who knows, maybe they unlock it, or maybe I am totally wrong and it is not hooked to the cd-key but there really is a setting?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">does that mean that you see allways the CZ stringtable in missions if u owned a CZ version (pre the mission has CZ text) żIF there will be no way possible for changing the language SETTING in ArmA, then YES, if you have an czech ArmA, and there is a mission with Czech stringtable included, then it will logically display as Czech on your screen smile_o.gif

Mapfact for instance aswell.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">and i dont really needed em nor used em

because iam used to play the game in english ..

No offense, but the game is made for a broader amount and variety of ppl wink_o.gif (Don't get me wrong, I'm also an "English-only" freak)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">so why have more than one column in the stringtable if the others are not used ..Who knows, maybe they unlock it, or maybe I am totally wrong and it is not hooked to the cd-key but there really is a setting?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">does that mean that you see allways the CZ stringtable in missions if u owned a CZ version (pre the mission has CZ text) żIF there will be no way possible for changing the language SETTING in ArmA, then YES, if you have an czech ArmA, and there is a mission with Czech stringtable included, then it will logically display as Czech on your screen smile_o.gif

nice smile_o.gif .. does mapfact include CZ text .. and will for ArmA biggrin_o.gif

didnt know mapfact has german text cause $0 .. and never looked into it ..

OT: and an USB protection would be nice ... (opinion - even when it would double the price)

OT: and an USB protection would be nice ... (opinion - even when it would double the price)

Great, like having to reboot in order to play steel beasts wasnt fun enough.

ok dont lets go of topic .. smile_o.gif ... but i wasnt complaining about anything .. especially not about decision made by publishers ..

ok no more talks about protection system. even a slight attempt to addess it here will mean perm ban.

Just because the language is already set for English in the config file does not mean that the language is actually set for Engligh. If the developers scrambled the language names for whatever reason, the "English" setting my very well set the language as "Czech". How about changing that setting to various different languages and see what happens? Setting it to "Czech" might show any language except Czech.

hmm .. wonder why no BIS-Official tells us about the right way to do it ..

that "feature" (its mere a standard todays games) was in OFP ..

did they forget to implement it rofl.gif

or

is it bound to the CD-Key whistle.gif

or

is it a key for doubleselling to people that are fed up whit CZ or German briefings and addonnames ż

the later does not quiet sound like BIS but u never know ..

geting an official does take the wink of an eye when u talk about protection systems ..

a request to the FAQ is ignored ..

Starforce is a bad thing it sucks games that use starforce does not mean that it is protected games with starforce can be cracked too so it is a bad protection it ruins the game.

It was better if BIS had included a USB key like VBS1 for Arma USB key protection is better.

Hope the version 505 is going to publish would be without starforce and if they want to secure the game from being cracked do it than with USB key protection.

There are some games that use starforce protection and are cracked over the net.

One of the reasons VBS1 is $150 for the core is the fact the USB key itself is expensive.