Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

I found a way to turn the game FULLY into English, now also including the SP Missions & Campaign!

It took only 2 weeks for our CZ-ENG Translators (Credits down below) to get the SP Missions & Campaign Translated for you! We hope you love it, just like us!

Now Obsolete since BIS ArmA v1.05 Uniting Patch!

We wish to thank all supporters, users, mirrorers, contributors, etc. etc. We were able to play the game long before the English Release, and now finally BIS has given us what we need... Language options and default English Possibility biggrin_o.gif

Have fun out there! Watch for more 6th Sense coming your way!

6th Sense - Share the Spirit - www.6thSense.eu

Translation and Spellchecking Credits:

[*] Alx

[*] Head2000

[*] Tom KQT

[*] My_Shortcoming

[*] BIG Thanks to those that were involved! Remember, give credit where credit is deserved!*

Radio was already meant to be english, as was the voices, so that's nothing new. This, however, intrigues me. Let me know if you can achieve a total conversion, if so then it might be time to send my girlfriend's mother back to Germany... biggrin_o.gif

Guys will the german version be in englisch ?

because i will personaly drive to germany to get armed assault ..

please if anyone knows let meknow here.. thanks whistle.gif

McApparently not, it will be the same as the Czech version, only German predominating. As per usual, voices and radio will be in English, but, to reiterate, text will be Germanic.

505 has got it's Bible Game'd hands around the neck of the English version.

Im getting closer to clicking that buy it button on amazon.de rofl.gif

keep us posted guys yay.gif

damn.. would be even more possible to buy it over internet or take the boat or car south to germany biggrin_o.gif

That's a clever way of doing it (plus obviously keeping the text string length the same). I would have written a program to transpose the Czech & English text in the stringtable to be sure.

So that must imply that the stringtable does contain the English (& other) languages in it too, right?

Can someone confirm that there is a StringTable.csv file that has contents similar to the following (but with only 5 languages instead): (taken form OFP)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">LANGUAGE,English,French,Italian,Spanish,German,Czech

STR_MONDAY,Mon,Lun,Lun,Lun,Mo,Po

STR_TUESDAY,Tue,Mar,Mar,Mar,Di,Út

STR_SERGEANT,Sergeant,Sergent,Sergente,Sargento,Feldwebel,ÄŒetaÅ™

STR_HOLD_FIRE,Hold fire,Ne pas tirer,Non sparare,Alto el fuego,Feuerpause,Nestřílet

STR_EDITOR_ADVANCED,Advanced,Avancé,Passa a semplice,Difícil,Fortgeschritten,PokroÄilý

If so, I might start work on it now...

I also want an answer to SHWiiNG's question =). Semi-English text with english radio/speech is better than no AA at all until it's released in the UK months and months from now! I'll take that action.

open the file ArmA\dta\bin.pbo  in editplus

bin.pbo, was that a typo or are you talking about PBO file? It is not opening with any of the PBO tools? Did you try PboX?

Hi I know of a program that can open up OFP Elite .pbo files and some VBS .pbo files so it's definitely worth a try with ArmA!

Download HERE!

I found a way to turn the game half into English, I only had a few minutes to check yet... Will continue searching later, maybe somebody else finds some more. We probably just need proper unpbo/pbo tools for arma.

Ok, to get most stuff in the English do the following:

Download and install editplus (google)

Do a search and replace (CTRL H):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian"

replace with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Czech","English","German","Polish","Russian"

save, and voila. Many parts are in English... Voices and most speeches were already in English!!

Ok thats great news, but there is a more difficult problem. I have been trying to find away to get a Czech copy of the game here in the United Kingdom. The problem been is cant find a way to get it. Does anyone here know how to get hold of a Czech copy of the game. I have seen a few Czech sites but obliously i dont understand them as i dont speak Czech. So how the hell do i get a Czech copy?? Its not even on ebay wich i thought it would be by now.

I am in the same boat as Dudester except I want to ship it the United States.

Since me and my brother want to play multiplayer anyway I will order an english copy to down the road when it comes out here....

bin.pbo, was that a typo or are you talking about PBO file? It is not opening with any of the PBO tools? Did you try PboX?

Ok, im back from this awfull 10 hour there, 10 hour back trip smile_o.gif But im home, with my copy of ArmA smile_o.gif

The eliteness tool indeed works for unpacking, im now testing around with the files.

The stringtable files are exactly as with flashpoint, there is just not a working setting that we can change, to switch language,... so far..., since in the arma.cfg, there is already standing: language=English,  and nowhere else I can find a config setting for language etc.

I will keep you guys up2date... I sucesfully unpacked the core, bin and weapons pbo's

For the other question, yes the bin folder now is a pbo unlike with flashpoint smile_o.gif

I got my copy because I have friends in Czech, they got it for me and we met up... Maybe there is a more permanent solution, but lets first see how far we can get with this stuff wink_o.gif

Ok, im back from this awfull 10 hour there, 10 hour back trip smile_o.gif But im home, with my copy of ArmA smile_o.gif

lool.. crazy guy biggrin_o.gif well, congratulations for your version. I'm waiting for your report ^^

open the file ArmA\dta\bin.pbo in editplus

The eliteness tool indeed works for unpacking, im now testing around with the files.

The stringtable files are exactly as with flashpoint, there is just not a working setting that we can change, to switch language,... so far..., since in the arma.cfg, there is already standing: language=English, and nowhere else I can find a config setting for language etc.

I will keep you guys up2date... I sucesfully unpacked the core, bin and weapons pbo's

For the other question, yes the bin folder now is a pbo unlike with flashpoint smile_o.gif

I got my copy because I have friends in Czech, they got it for me and we met up... Maybe there is a more permanent solution, but lets first see how far we can get with this stuff wink_o.gif

Man your a true fan... Cant wait till I fly all the way around the world to Germany to pick up my copy...

DAMN TROOPER!

smile_o.gif Thanks... Man I couldn't wait since it was released in czech.

Ok, I figured the following out.. I succesfully used that Eliteness depbo tool to unpack the bin.pbo,  then I changed in the 4 stringtable files, the order of the text as I described in my first post, and then I was sucesful in repbo'ing it with makepbo or otherwise winpbo.

So you don't need to edit the bin.pbo this way.

I am still searching how to just switch properly to English, as I think that must be possible somehow smile_o.gif

The only things I still see in czech:

- The Main menu items (Probably because they are images, so someone needs to edit them and repbo them in (probably)

- Some texts and some buttons. But most is in English.

Confirmed things in English:

- the multiplayer menus

- the whole editor (for now except the soldier classes somehow..)

- settings

- misc texts

I will put more bits and info together as far as I come, but now im gonna play some games, hopefully have a good nights sleep, and getting back to you guys tomorrow wink_o.gif

what about the ingame comments like: 'enemy ahead at 12 o' clock'.. are these comments in czech, too?

can you make some screenshots? biggrin_o.gif

what about the ingame comments like: 'enemy ahead at 12 o' clock'.. are these comments in czech, too?

can you make some screenshots?  biggrin_o.gif

Roger that, screenshots on the way, I will probably update this post in a minute or 10, if I can figure my screenshots folder wink_o.gif

They are here: http://www.6thsense.eu/gallery/browseimages.php?c=14

You are crazy but...

Respect man, you are true fan thumbs-up.gif

You are crazy but...

Respect man, you are true fan thumbs-up.gif

Lol Thanks smile_o.gif

Ok dudes, the screenshots are up, I will add more but im gonna play now.

Look here: http://www.6thsense.eu/gallery/browseimages.php?c=14

The missions seem to only have the czech stringtables, but you might maybe share those with german/english release owners by then (dunno if thats legal though)...

guys i live in belgium and i also dont know when it will be out here ..

i do know that i have orderd armafrom germany .and i will recieve it in december ( around 5 dec ) its an german copy of arma but if anyone wants i can supply u a arma copy . i can buy enouf dvd's and send them with UPS to the uk or even the united states .. just let me know ;