Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Quote[/b] ]the ones that can't patch to v1.02 are probably illegal copies anyway

It's just too huge to download for me sad_o.gif

Can you upload briefings, strings for campaign, please ? I'm not afraid of manual patching

I second the request for access to the english strings for the campaign etc... (someone could with some effort just extract them but it would be good to avoid the extra work and to have access with your permission)

With access to these I'd quite happily make a cross version graphical patcher.

sickboy, if you don't want to release them but are still interested in a version independent patch, pm me

Also I'd be happy to hand over the source (if you want to call it that) as well as explain how to maintain it in the future (very simple) once I'm done... you could of course also figure it out yourself by learning how to use nsis

For the life of me this wont work. I installed/Unistalled 6 times and still same thing no matter what i try and I TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed CZECH version and it starts off czech in startup screen but when game is up its in German. Now it did this all 6 times, even when i try all different .MDS version, same thing evertime. I see all the success rates but what the hell is going on with mine? I usually get stuff like this the first time. Never before has something stumped me like this. Em i losing my touch?

Oh by the way im patched with 1.01

Deez is PR'd, pending proof of purchase. MDS-files (image files) are only related to games in form of piracy.

Version independant language patchers shouldn´t be introduced to avoid widespread piracy use of language patcher for unpatched Arma versions.

Just my 2 cents.

As Already Stated Before, I do not want multi-version patchers. I can easily write it myself, really no big deal at all..

Our team has been working on the translation for a few weeks. I have been busy with the project for days and will still support it at new patches until it is no longer nececairy (if we get a real language option/setting biggrin_o.gif).

Im not in the mood for our work to be used in pirated software and I simply will not invest any single second in making such persons happy smile_o.gif --> Buy the game if you want to play it with latest patches in English smile_o.gif

Sorry for the extreme late reply though, didnt notice the thread subscriptions only last a month smile_o.gif

I got the 1.02 german version and installed your latest language file but my game is still in german. I used your language fix on my old comp with the same ArmA version and it worked fine. I dont get any errors installing it now either. It says it's installed successfully. What may I have done wrong?

First at all thanks for this job

I found a couple of phrases arent traslate it. They are located in the training mission where you learn to fly the UH60. If you fail the mission its appearing the sentence in a weird language, if you complete the missio..too

regards

Sickboy I want to thank and praise you and your team for doing such a splendid job and the time you guys devoted to it notworthy.gif

I have downloaded the German version, installed the 1.02 patch and then your v0.9 one.

Now my questions are, when the v1.05 patch gets released will it be necessary to wait for a new patch of you guys or can we get in the game right away?

If we do need in some way one of your newer patches, do you have any idea how long it will approximately take?

And, which steps do I have to take to get your patch working with the v1.05 one? <- maybe too soon to answer this one but I thought I'd ask it already anyway wink_o.gif

Thank you for your time answering my question smile_o.gif

Good thing btw that you guys are there because it seems the game won't get released in my country or not at least for a very long time sad_o.gif

When editing the stringtable manuelly, German to english, there is NO text ingame crazy_o.gif

used methed A

Method A (unpacking and repacking the pbo's):

Unpbo the Addons\languages.pbo and DTA\bin.pbo with the Eliteness tool

Edit the stringtable.csv's (There are many in folders in languages.pbo) and Replace:

"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian&

quot;

With:

"Czech","English","German","Polish","Russian&

quot; (You can also put "Czech" on the place of "German" or "Polish" or "Russian" instead of "English", to get those languages)

Sorry. I normally research this but I am running out of town right now.

A friend a mine had a problem with the language patcher on Vista with the German release of the game v1.02.

Is your language patcher compatible with Visa??

I will send him to this thread for your replies.

Thanks.

ViperMaul

Looks like at least one other person has had the same problem.

But this lacks exact error messages or behavior details to do a proper investigation. Perhaps Sicboy this is what you are needing.

http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/trac/ticket/16

Sickboy have you heard of successful runs on Vista?

Sorry I do not have any details to add personally...

Looks like at least one other person has had the same problem.

But this lacks exact error messages or behavior details to do a proper investigation. Perhaps Sicboy this is what you are needing.

http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/trac/ticket/16

Sickboy have you heard of successful runs on Vista?

Sorry I do not have any details to add personally...

Make sure, that if you are running Vista, you right click the patch and run it "As Administrator", this is a problem Charlie also had and this was the fix.

Was'nt sure where to go on this sorry if i did anything wrong. Anyways i just got new PC(AMD Anthalon 4600+ 2.4ghz 2gig ram NVidia 7600GS) anyways has there been any problems with anyone applying the Language conversion from german to english using Windows Vista?? Any help will be much appreciated. I download it but it's like it goes nowhere i look in My Comp BIS/ArmA an don't see it in there after download an install. But it says it was successful.

We wish to thank all supporters, users, mirrorers, contributors, etc. etc. We were able to play the game long before the English Release, and now finally BIS has given us what we need... Language options and default English Possibility biggrin_o.gif

Have fun out there! Watch for more 6th Sense coming your way!

And for all the coop lovers out there of coarse; Your Welcome to Our Coop Servers! aswell as our Coop Nights.

I do not believe that has happened yet.I bought german online download and the serial # determines your language and mine will always be German that I am aware of

We wish to thank all supporters, users, mirrorers, contributors, etc. etc. We were able to play the game long before the English Release, and now finally BIS has given us what we need... Language options and default English Possibility biggrin_o.gif

Have fun out there! Watch for more 6th Sense coming your way!

And for all the coop lovers out there of coarse; Your Welcome to Our Coop Servers! aswell as our Coop Nights.

Big thanks to you mate for giving us the option to play ArmA in English after buying German version notworthy.gif

I do not believe that has happened yet.I bought german online download and the serial # determines your language and mine will always be German that I am aware of
Please upgrade to v1.05 and check the Language Setting Option in the Video Options, this should suit your needs m8  xmas_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Big thanks to you mate for giving us the option to play ArmA in English after buying German version
NP m8, we would do it all again smile_o.gif

Thanks again sickboy for 3 months of game-time. smile_o.gif

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to this. It has been a pleasure notworthy.gif

Hi all, does anyone know if there is a version that is compatible with 1.05?

Cheers,

Digit

====

Forum fly...

No need for it - if you install the 1.05 patch you can switch between English and the language of your localized version (German/Czech/...). Just go into your settings and change the language there.

Since I feel like an idiot now, I shall just wander off to play something... >_>

Thank you for the reply though. smile_o.gif

Digit

====

Forum fly...

Thanks for making the patch and letting us use it until the languages were brought officially on board!