Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Awesome work Sickboy and translaters!

Will the patch work on german version "out of the box" as well?

Will the patch work on german version "out of the box" as well?

Read the first post, just after the readme, and you will know.

I'm still getting the same error when i try to patch my copy with your tool.

I get the SHRINKER.ERR telling me

"(3.3) \6thsense\tool\patcher.exe: DISPATCHER INIZIALISATION ERROR 11"

Sorry if this has been already discussed but there are 16 pages before...

I'm still getting the same error when i try to patch my copy with your tool.

I get the SHRINKER.ERR telling me

"(3.3) \6thsense\tool\patcher.exe: DISPATCHER INIZIALISATION ERROR 11"

Sorry if this has been already discussed but there are 16 pages before...

You are trying it on Czech version and not German by accident?

You are sure the game is closed? Did you try rebooting?

You are sure you are running the patch.bat .. ONLY if you have unpacked the archive directly into your arma folder?

Or did you unpack it somewhere else and your ArmA is not installed in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA?

(In this case, unpack it again but now directly into your ArmA installation folder, then run the patch.bat from the @6thSense\Tools  folder)

Ill be getting my german copy of armed assault soon and I just wanted to throw a preemptive thank you your way sickboy. What you and your team are doing with this patcher is one of the most helpful things ive seen come out of this community in a couple years. Your going out of your way to allow us to play the game. Keep up the good work and thank you again. beerchug.gif

<span style='color:blue'>I am pleased to announce the release of the v0.4 patcher program...</span>

This is version v0.4 which is converting the complete ArmA Czech or German version to English, INCLUDING the Multiplayer Missions and Editor Templates, INCLUDING the SP Missions/Campaign briefings/overview!!!!

This version has 2 different bat files for each task, a CZ one and a GER one, please pick the correct one smile_o.gif)

Please report bugs if you find them! Have fun!

I am thinking about cleaning up the bat files and structure considerably in v0.5, altough it ain't bad at all if you ask me smile_o.gif But it can always get nicer (when there is time biggrin_o.gif)

Also thinking about adding an uninstall.bat with it next time that will grab the original files back from dvd smile_o.gif

What I have to copy to get the german language??

I have German Special Edition and I copy/paste all files from my German CD to Arma folder but the game is still in Czech..

these are the standard line in language and bin.pbo

"English","Czech","German","Polish","Russian&

quot;

how I have to change the line that I change to german?

<!--QuoteBegin--Big]..mirror..Thanks for the mirror!

Quote[/b] (Big]..mirror..
Thanks for the mirror!

Just reinstall the game from your German SE DVD with German Serial and problem solved.

nah i heard about much problems with german version and performance wink_o.gif

Put German in the place of Czech and Czech in the place of German

Another possiblity might just be to install the czech version again but now with the serial number you got from the german version... This could confirm or not confirm if the CD-Key is the choice-maker for Language smile_o.gif

ok works great^^

You might just want to hand a tiny bit more of information m8.. Which method you took? The cdkey or turning around strings smile_o.gif

I copy/paste this line to all stringtable.csv in language.pbo and bin.pbo

Quote[/b] ]" English","German","Czech","Polish","Russian"

Ok i have the German version and wanted to know when i uninstall the game, will all these patched files be deleted with the uninstall. I say this because when the English version is out i will be getting that. Also will these files be effected by the soon to be German hotfix.

Ok i have the German version and wanted to know when i uninstall the game, will all these patched files be deleted with the uninstall. I say this because when the English version is out i will be getting that. Also will these files be effected by the soon to be German hotfix.

When you uninstall the game, these files probably remain in your ArmA folder. As there is no user data in the ArmA folder, it is safe to assume that you can just remove the ArmA folder with Windows Explorer from your harddisk.

All settings and other configuration data is in your Windows Profile & Documents.

About the German Hotfix; My best guess is that this hotfix only updates certain dll's and/or probably the .exe file. As my patches have nothing to do with dll's nor .exe's, I think it is safe to assume that there will be no problem or incompatibility whatsoever. If there is, I will answer in kind ASAP.

Wow! I can't wait to use this. I ordered mine from armamods.net and they said they just received their shipment from Morphicon. The customer support guy said it would be delivered to America in 3-5 business days! Pretty fast! I already have this patch downloaded on my desktop. I'm ready! yay.gif

Sorry Sickboy but i still see Czech texts...

I downloaded the 0.4 vers.

Then extracted the pack folders in my ArmA one.

I tried patching with singolar files, folder by folder, because of my installation ( E:\....\PRG\Bohemia\ArmA\....)

I checked everything written in the readme...

Is there someone that can give me his patched files huh.gif

I don't know what to do... huh.gif

I've done this manually (both ways), and have used the last three updates.. still.. the campaign voices are in Czech... is this normal?

It doesn't change the voices, only the text of the briefings and overviews (plus all that other crap tounge2.gif ).

Say, if I've got the CZ version and I've already downloaded 0.3, is there much point in getting 0.4? Is there anything new apart from the German patching?

Nope Timble. Just that little update. Change log says it all smile_o.gif

------------

So will the German version have English Dialogue inside? What version must I buy now that will incorporate the English voices in-game?

... Mirror ...
Thanks for the mirror guys! Greatly appreciated as usual!!

Added the asked questions to a FAQ section in the first post aswell:

So will the German version have English Dialogue inside? What version must I buy now that will incorporate the English voices in-game?

All Voices are in English, in all versions of ArmA, except some reporter voices .. which have subtitles anyway, which gives it a nice foreign country feeling anyway smile_o.gif

Sorry Sickboy but i still see Czech texts...

I downloaded the 0.4 vers.

Then extracted the pack folders in my ArmA one.

I tried patching with singolar files, folder by folder, because of my installation ( E:\....\PRG\Bohemia\ArmA\....)

I checked everything written in the readme...

Which texts do you still see in Czech? (Menu? Ingame commands? Single or Multiplayer briefings?)

If you see the Campaign in Czech... Throw away campaigns\ca.bak and retry, or try starting new campaign.

Were your files original before you patched or were they already edited? (If (possibly) edited... put back original files and repatch)

Were there errors while patching or did everything say succes? (If you repatch now without first putting back your original files, you will receive errors for every single file, so checking for errors now sadly won't help you!wink_o.gif

Could you put back your original files from dvd and try again? (You can start with bin.pbo and language.pbo, then patch those, they are about the Menu and ingame commands, editor etc. etc.)

You don't have to manually patch, you can just use the patch-CZ.bat in the @6thSense\Tools folder, if you unpacked the archive directly into your ArmA folder.

Say, if I've got the CZ version and I've already downloaded 0.3, is there much point in getting 0.4? Is there anything new apart from the German patching?
I fail to see the logic in asking such question as the version history displays exactly what every version adds biggrin_o.gif