Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

I have both versions for some time. A pal bought the czech but is on vacation ATM. I read 144 MB not 114... Silly me. And I am too tired to properly write now.

I try everything. So I tried the batch, but copying the pbo from dvd to the folder was no solution. So I have to re-install the whole game to get the correct campaign.pbo.

Well, now I make a better backup. The last one vanished with the 6thsense folder.

Only putting back your ca.pbo wasn't what is written in the readme either. You have to put all mentioned files back if you screw up somewhere, polishing of the patch will happen next weekend.

But I guess it's working now right? Maybe the next people can just post if it's working or not working after they tried what the Readme and FAQ states of the 1st post, as I won't be answering indefinitly things that are already written there smile_o.gif

Hi everyone.

First of all I would like to thank you for this amazing work and all the effort you put into it. thumbs-up.gif

But I still have the campaign problem with new v0.6 patcher. I reinstalled ArmA, deleted EVERYTHING. Applied Czech 1.01 patch and started your installer. Just like in the readme:

1. 6th-ArmA_en_patch.bat

2. 6th-ArmA_en_patch2-CZ.bat

but my campaign is still gone from the menu. Any ideas?

Well, I've done what is written in the readme. But replacing the original ca.pbo (and all other files of course) does not work, I get an error if I try to apply the 1.01 patch. With all other files it works quite well, but not with the ca.pbo.

However, the whole game is in english now, my congratulations to this achievement, except some issues.

In the training course selection (Mission 03), the squad leader course has no title, just the check box and describtion.

Will test the trainings again to see, if there are any errors. But later, I have other things to do right now.

I suggest, you clean up your readme. Prioritize the sections, it is difficult to read the file.

Start with a short introduction, Before you begin, How to install, and now put the version history in place and the credits.

Just my 2 cents, though.

Btw, it would be fool-proof if you rename the bat files to something really simple. not 6thblahArmAstuffWhatIDo.bat. Something like Czech-2-English.bat and German-2-English2.bat respectively for the 2 batch files each.

Thanks for the tips, will take them in consideration!

Thanks for the bug report(s) aswell m8, will integrate into my dev version asap.

My reasons for putting the changelog high is so others first read which things are changed and take that into consideration while installing (Some just install it the same way as an older version, but things have changed, so they're doing wrong : ). Reason for the filenames is that it's a general directory where I want to place more installers etc in future projects. Altough it might be an idea to just have different sudirectories for those projects in the @6thSense folder smile_o.gif

I made an image package which shows the installation, patching, language patching and then ingame the campaign etc, just to be sure smile_o.gif

Download image pack here

BTW.. I'm quite sure I've sucesfully put back the campaign by unpacking the ca.pbo.gz with WinRAR. I must admit that I usually use Total Commander (www.ghisler.com) for all file incl. pack/unpack operations.

I've run the installation again and at the end of patching, this thing pops up:

xdelta.exe: using file name: CA-CZ.PBO

xdelta.exe: expected from file (..\..\Campaigns\ca.pbo) of length 120083222 bytes

I can see that on your images, sickboy, everything went fine.

What does the last thing with my campaing mean? What went wrong?

edit: I forgot. In the campaign menu I get this error:

No entry 'Campaigns\ca\description.ext.Campaign'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the mirrors m8s! Greatly appreciated!

I've run the installation again and at the end of patching, this thing pops up:

xdelta.exe: expected from file (..\..\Campaigns\ca.pbo) of length 120083222 bytes

I can see that on your images, sickboy, everything went fine.

What does the last thing with my campaing mean? What went wrong?

edit: I forgot. In the campaign menu I get this error:

No entry 'Campaigns\ca\description.ext.Campaign'.

Any help would be appreciated.

It means that the campaign file on your system, was not the expected size, which either means it was not version 1.01, or it was either an altered, a corrupt, wrong language or 0-byte file.

Only solution; Reinstall the Game, Apply official patch v1.01, Apply Language Patch v0.6. Instead of reinstalling the game, you can also put back the files from your dvd but you must unpack most of them due to being GZiped, I use Total Commander for that (www.ghisler.com), I thought WinRAR would work also but heard some ppl having trouble with it and reinstalled the game anyway.

Few Notes:

1. Never run any patcher twice, also do not run any of the individual patchers after you already ran both the 'all-in' patchers

2. Make sure that when you run any of the patcher files, the correct files are in your ArmA folders, the expected versions are unaltered, original ArmA v1.01 patched files.

3. The patcher does not support 'mixed' versions of the game (German with Czech and visa versa etc)

got same prob as Biscuits.

Copied files back in from DVD using Total Commander, and with languages/campaign - they were unpacked with Total Commander.

Ran patch 1.01 (CZ)

Ran first patch file (no probs), then the CZ one (same prob as biscuits...Eng patch created 0kb ca.pbo).

There must be more to cleaning this up than copying files back from DVD, or is there some sort of special settings required with Total Commander to extract the ca.pbo back from DVD ?

Bit loath to do re-install, due to the painful key setup in Opf.

If its the only way to get things working again...where are the settings kept, i.e. controls, so we can just copy them back in after a re-install ?

Bit loath to do re-install, due to the painful key setup in Opf.

If its the only way to get things working again...where are the settings kept, i.e. controls, so we can just copy them back in after a re-install ?

As any modern game, save games and settings reside in your %userprofile% folder which is usually: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name

Settings are in My Documents

Others files reside in the Application Data folder..

Reinstalling is this way not a problem, but please let me know if it solves your problem in your case.

Weird thing is... if the v1.01 official arma patch works and doesnt generate errors (right?), I wouldnt know why my patches won't work smile_o.gif

ta for quick response, braced myself to do it smile_o.gif

yeh official 1.01 patcher was happy. Been through the process 4 or 5 times now, restoring from DVD each time.

Just to eliminate possibility of idiot factor...when extracting the two gzipped files with Total commander, is it just a case of double clicking on the gzip folder on dvd so it shows the file inside, then dragging it into the other window (being the corresponding arma installation folder)?

Fudge it, for what its worth i will try another time:

After extracting with Total Commander we get ca.pbo:

Size 114 MB (120,079,295 bytes)

Size on disk 114 MB (120,082,432 bytes)

Official patcher 1.01

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.01...

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.01...

ArmA: Armed Assault patch 1.01 has been applied successfully.

Size 114 MB (120,079,295 bytes)

Size on disk 114 MB (120,082,432 bytes)

....so it hasnt changed

Run 6th-ArmA_en_patch.bat OK

Run 6th-ArmA_en_patch2-cz.bat

expects ca.pbo to be 120083222 which it is not as per above.

Must be something to do with me extracting with Total Commander ?

../

Everything you did looks perfect,

after applying the 1.01 patch, your ca.pbo should be as it says in the error message:

120.083.222 bytes

I have no clue why yours isn't smile_o.gif

The default ca.pbo file that you got from your dvd is the usual and correct size smile_o.gif

crap, I just think of something, please try not only to put back the pbo files etc, but also the exe file, I just noticed that inside the patcher it says: 1.01 to 1.01 smile_o.gif

... 2nd option

Please tell me if reinstalling game + 1.01 helps, if it doesn't, maybe redownload patch 1.01, as I dont understand why it didnt make any changes to your ca.pbo :S

Just to make sure, you have the Czech version of the game right and not the German? biggrin_o.gif

it's definately Czech. I flew to Prague last weekend for the sole purpose of buying the game smile_o.gif

anyways, i am re-installing from scratch as we type so i can't try your 1st suggestion. (didn't notice the 1.01 to 1.01, nice spotting!wink_o.gif.

maybe someone else in the same boat can try copying the EXE to see if it works ?

it's definately Czech. I flew to Prague last weekend for the sole purpose of buying the game smile_o.gif

anyways, i am re-installing from scratch as we type so i can't try your 1st suggestion. (didn't notice the 1.01 to 1.01, nice spotting!wink_o.gif.

maybe someone else in the same boat can try copying the EXE to see if it works ?

Nice action m8, I did it by car (With m8s) at Czech release date, we drove from the Netherlands.

Goodluck with it, if noone tests it, I will try it tomorrow and give a post update with my findings

hahahaha, thats even better - driving there smile_o.gif nice to know i am not the only crazy person in the world

anyway, total re-install has worked. When patching 1.01 this time post re-install it definately took longer and i could see it modifying ca.pbo

despite backing them up, un-installing didnt remove any user settings/profiles either...so ppl can get away not worrying about backing them up/putting them back in.

Hey sickboy you did what i suggested but never even told thanks for idea and sample.

Heres another great idea and yet free as well, make log file, just dump all to insta.log before exit, since it free you figure yourself how.

Hey sickboy you did what i suggested but never even told thanks for idea and sample.

Heres another great idea and yet free as well, make log file, just dump all to insta.log before exit, since it free you figure yourself how.

If you look at the version history:

Quote[/b] ]v0.5 - Patcher now only Supports ArmA v1.01

- Changed the prefix of the file names

- Stored all .bat files in the @6thSense\Tools folder instead of spread around!

- Partially using xdelta.exe patcher program (Will go into it fully when I have more time )

The bat files were moved to 1 folder. The 0.5 was ready and already in beta testing before you made your post.

The final post about v0.5 came after your post, very true.

I didn't use your idea. Also not the parts about going for a modfolder. I put the .bat files in 1 folder as I figured it would be cleaner and less a bitch to delete files or run them, later I prefixed them with the longer names to make them all group together. (Besides, I interpretated your post completely as talking about a mod folder, when you said move all in 1 folder, not that you meant to only move the bat files into that folder)

Believe me when I say that I am very much against using other's idea's and code, especially without permission, especially without proper credits. As I already imply with the show of the credits in the readme and in the posts.

Thanks for the other idea, but more proper patchers are on the way anyway.

I reinstalled the game again. Did everything as usual. But I still get this error with ca.pbo. But in-game it seems to be working fine.

I have subtitles in English, mission briefiengs are also working. At least for the first few missions. smile_o.gif

Only pictures in the campaign list are missing. When I click on certain mission, the left side of screen is empty. Anyway, I can live with it.

Thank you for responses. And sorry for my English by the way. whistle.gif

edit: Oh, and the Patching process went fine. I also have the Czech version, not the German one.

I reinstalled the game again. Did everything as usual. But I still get this error with ca.pbo.

edit: Oh, and the Patching process went fine. I also have the Czech version, not the German one.

What error with ca.pbo do you get exactly m8? (You write about  error with ca.pbo, but later on patching went fine wink_o.gif)

Please check your Campaigns folder and make sure there is only 1 file in there, named: ca.pbo, please (re)move the rest out of there, if there is any. Starting the campaign over (test with making a new player) was also mentioned once when some things were weird smile_o.gif

www.armedassault.eu - If anyone of armedassault.eu is reading this, as im too lame at the moment to register at your site; Could you please remove the warning notice at the v1.01 patches, and at least add proper information?

You guys warn ppl not to install v1.01 if you have installed the language patcher. This is incorrect. The correct information should be:

If you have used the language patcher or other methods to edit original ArmA files, please reinstall your game, and then patch to v1.01. If you wish to convert your game to English, make sure you get the v0.6 of the language patcher, as that's the version that works perfectly with v1.01.

Thanks!

I meant that when I was patching ArmA from base version to 1.01 it went fine. The Czech patch applied successfully.

And about the error:

Quote[/b] ]

and the ca.pbo is 0kb after using v0.6 language patcher.

But as I said, it seems to be working fine. In game I get no errors, that's the weird part. smile_o.gif

But as I said, it seems to be working fine. In game I get no errors, that's the weird part. smile_o.gif

Now im terribly lost smile_o.gif

Sure you didn't install the game to another folder this time or sth smile_o.gif Just lame guessing at the moment.

Let's look this up another time otherwise with fresh heads smile_o.gif

If I download the german version from Morphicon, can I use the 0.6 patcher as described in the readme? Sorry if this is obvious but I'm very afraid to mess up my game smile_o.gif