Sign in to follow this  
gamenut

Armed Assault is GOLD !!!

my opinion:

- 50% for the story (US vs the world, always the same story confused_o.gif )

- the other things: 100% inlove.gif

I think that the score of 55 % probably reflects on the fact that nobody paid for the reviewers beer. I  know i worked for a paper PC mag a few years ago and the more goodies the better the score it is true. here is the equation beer = score no beer = no score press trip with nice ladies = 100 % score

55 %?

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Well they're free to mean that ofcourse. Obviously he didn't like it. I'm quite sure this will be the best game ever released on PC. People have different opinions. WE think CS:S is rubbish. I'm sure a lot of people laugh at that opinion as well nener.gif

I'm quite sure this will be the best game ever released on PC.

i agree!

Im the only person that isnt too happy about the gold label this early whilst we are still seeing so many new features which seem to have been rather last minute.

Anyways Im always hoping for the best.

Tomorrow some very lucky people in here will actually have it! I expect you to provide the rest of us with all the info, pics and movies we want. Or else...

Oh how they fall.. yay.gif

So you expect that ArmA will be a pile of poo?

Its an upgraded version of OFP, i dont see how it could be bad? wink_o.gif

So you expect that ArmA will be a pile of poo?

Its an upgraded version of OFP, i dont see how it could be bad? wink_o.gif

Well, making that kind of blanket statements without having any real good contact with the game is surefire way to invite mr. murphy. wink_o.gif

I don't know. Campaign might have been the one which caused bad scores... or then game simply sucked. There's no demo so only thing i can do is to wait for it... Who knows? Maybe ArmA truly is pile of poo (you said it ofpforum, not me! wink_o.gif )

Well, making that kind of blanket statements without having any real good contact with the game is surefire way to invite mr. murphy. wink_o.gif

That might be. But still I've got a feeling you actually agree with me smile_o.gif Exciting times ahead.

Gawd I feel like i've had a kick in the balls.. well enjoy the game guys.. and if someone takes a look @ the string txt and would care to translate biggrin_o.gif ready for the german version that I have preordered that would also be nice biggrin_o.gif well have fun I guess I will just carry on my boring life.. work, play other crap games to pass the time... no no no don't feel bad its ok.. really its ok my wifes just painted the walls least I will have somthing to look at for the next 30 ish days. shush its ok don'r cry for me I'm sure i will be fine banghead.gifnener.gif

By those screenshots Tiscali games posted they must have some video card memory issues for the textures to display such a low mipmap or are running some drivers that do not like ArmA at all. I'm guessing the video card they ran it on has 128MB Ram max.

Can anyone imagine a screenshot (http://games.tiscali.cz/reviews/arma/img8.jpg) like that making it onto the mainstream gaming websites? This isn't an issue with the machine's specs, its clearly "user error" (putting it nicely) - not knowing how to config video settings. My secondary machine has an onboard Nvidia 6150 (64mb shared memory..urg). It runs Half-life 2 semi-decently. Sluggish, but it looks fine.

are you saying the game just burnt the video card?  smile_o.gif

What? where did you get that from? Thats impossible unless there was something wrong with that card anyway  tounge2.gif

The gaming media (generally speaking) is terrible smile_o.gif .

Agreed! This also applies to all media!

Quote[/b] ]By those screenshots Tiscali games posted they must have some video card memory issues for the textures to display such a low mipmap or are running some drivers that do not like ArmA at all. I'm guessing the video card they ran it on has 128MB Ram max.

Absolutely! There is no chance in hell that BIS would have released a screen shot with textures like those! This is clearly a graphical glitch and probably a GFX card compatibility problem.

Moral: Expect teething problems while compatibility issues and other bugs are ironed out! Also expect noobs and morons to not to have a clue about how to properly set up and review a game!   wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh how they fall..

Quote[/b] ]So you expect that ArmA will be a pile of poo?

Like most of you lot I have been watching ArmAs progress for a long time. I have seen and heard all I need to know! Therefore, I for one am thoroughly looking forward to playing with this "pile of poo"!  tounge2.gif

I have seen and heard all I need to know! Therefore, I for one am thoroughly looking forward to playing with this "pile of poo"! tounge2.gif

Me too! smile_o.gif

Well who is gonna buy the "pile of poo" tomorrow? I know there are some czech guys in here.. who will provide us with the first die-hard review?

Well who is gonna buy the "pile of poo" tomorrow? I know there are some czech guys in here.. who will provide us with the first die-hard review?

well i don't know if i will buy this "pile of poo" tomorrow but i tell you this, i already payed for this "pile of poo".

Maybe i buy it in future again who knows..

Lets just wait for the SniperAndy's review and interview smile_o.gif

Maybe tomorrow we have it. wink_o.gif

First of all Grats BIS

On the "so called" first review.

The problem here is not what we OFP hardcore fans think of the game, we´r going to buy it anyway, and as someone said, in the last year we saw and comment every single improvement of the game, and god WE LOVE IT! My concerns goes to the new blood that every single game need to pay himself and the availability of further improvements.

So lets hope that ArmA goes as well as OFP did on the main review sites, as much as we can say "we dont care" " this game is Imba" "the best game ever" etc. its very important that the games community, that welcomed OFP so well, gives ArmA a good welcome too.

This is only a single review, and by the look of the screens, a sad one. There are obvious flaws in their test system, I hope it was graphic drivers or something like that, i really hope its not hardware compability problems, because that could cause some issues when the game starts to be installed in thousands of deferents operating systems and some of them in really bad shape smile_o.gif

After 5 years its good to fell the rush again... Cant wait to play the demo hundreds of times like I did in 2001. Ah and make it frendly to mod.

Again after 5 years its good to fell the rush again... Cant wait to play the demo hundreds of times like I did in 2001. Ah and make it frendly to mod.

your right,

but some of us will not have the benefit to play the demo since the demo will only be released when all 4 versions are gold (2 ready and 2 more to go) and by then somepeople will have the 2 first gold versions on their hand.

Tomorrow is the 1st release of ArmA.. they will not have the demo crazy_o.gif

poor poor fellas.. wink_o.gif

It would be nice to have english translation from that tiscali review. 55 points sounds very strange to me.