Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience v0.3

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE) v0.3

VTE_logo.gif

The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP.

This is to announce the release of VTE v0.3 full install. Check out some of the items we include.

Aircrafts

C-130, MC-130 Combat Talon, DHC-4 Caribou, OV-10 Bronco, Bell47G, Il-28 Beagle, B-52 Stratofortress, B-57 Canberra, F-4 Phantom, F-5A, F-100 Super Sabre, MiG-17, MiG-19 Farmer, MiG-21, A-1J Skyraider, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, O-1 Bird Dog, F-86A Sabre, Sikorsky S-56, CH-53E Superstallion, CH-34 and the old SEB stuff like Hueys etc.

Ground vehicles

M24 Chaffee, M41 Walker, Centurion, DShK Heavy MG, GMC CCKW, Willys MB, T34/85, M3 Halftrack, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-152, NVA Truck, M551 Sheridan, M1919A4 tripod, Maksim MG, PT-76, ZU-23-2, ZPU4 AA, Bike, Scooter, Motorbike, Gaz69, V150 Commando, ZSU-57.

Soldier squads

Air Cavalry, Marine, Marine Force Recon, SEAL, Army, Special Forces, LRRP (ERDL/tiger), CIDG, MIKE, ARVN, Cambodian mercenary, Hoi Chan, Bushman, Civilian Villager, VC Villager, Village Rebel, VC, NVA, SOG, Australian SAS. All these avatars/units are brand new made from scratch by Ebud, they use Llaumas heads and overall are very high quality with good performance.

Weapons

Maksim MG, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bar, Mas36, Mas38, Chautelleret, Grease Gun, MP40, Thompson, Kar, M1 Car, M1 Garand, M1919A4, DP27, PPD-40, L1A1, Nagant, PPS-43, PPSH-41, M60 Shorty, M63A Stoner, Chicom Type 56, RPG-2, 90mm Recoiless MAW, M45 9mm SMG, M39 Hush Puppy, Ithaca 37, Typ 68, MAT 49, K-50M, Sten Gun MkII, Bren Gun MkII, Lee Enfield N4.

Vehicle Weapons

MK-77 Napalm, UV-16-57 Rockets, HVAR Rockets, MK-82R, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-7 Sparrow, AGM-45 Shrike, AA-2 Atoll, FAB-250, Standard ARM, MK-81, MK-83, MK-84, M-117, M-118, BLU-82 Daisy Cutter, LAU-10 Rockets, 20mm Cannon, VYa Cannons, 6x50cal M2, SUU-30 Pod, M61 Vulcan, 4x20mm Cannons, GSh-23 Cannon, 7.62x51 doorgun.

Animals

Mule, Cow, Rooster, Chickens, Duck, Dog.

Islands/Terrains

Vietnam Intro, Vietnam 12km, Vietnam 25km, Ilo Ilo, Rumble In The Jungle, RSSZ, Long Son, MeeKong, MDSZ, A Shau Valley, SEB Ia Drang, Iron Triangle, VTE Ia Drang, 7 Mountains, IIICTZA Parrots Beak, Australian AO, Polei Kleng, Quan Binh Son, Vinh Thanh Valley, Khe Sanh, The Bra, FSB Gloria, Dak Seang, Tet68.

Objects & Textures

We include over 400 new objects including vegetation (bushes, trees, grass, palms, jungle canopy, rocks etc), civilian housing and military objects. The ground is covered with many brand new textures. Also there is the good old SEB objects and textures present for the original Ia Drang and few other islands. The objects have been now streamlined and optimized, they look better and should give better framerates.

All that material just for editor? Noope, we include 112 single missions, 14 MP missions and 8 campaigns. Brand new mission to get onboard was Vietnam Tour of Duty dynamic campaign based on GDCE by Kutya.

The changelog for fixes contains 363 entries, read the full list on Documents directory in the download package. But to list few most important; Fixed many model errors on various vehicles. Added more resolution lods to models (better framerates). Implemented first rough try on CAVS for RPG-2 and tanks (we already use JAM CAVS RPG7/M72 LAW). Replaced custom ammo on few weapons with JAM 3 ammo. Tweaked many missions and added many missions (to PMC NAM SEAL campaign for example). Optimized and binarized many islands. Removed radio comms voices (like in WGL). Tweaked walking and running speeds to realistic levels (like in WGL). Adjusted weapon "wobble" effect (like in WGL). Tweaked default smoke and explosion effects. Reorganized mission editor, BIS stuff under BIS <name> and so on, much easier for mission editors. Replaced many objects with higher res-textures. New high quality units with Llaumas heads. East, resistance and civilian names changed to vietnamese. Elite unit attributes adjusted to represent better training and physical attributes. Added downed pilot model. Replaced the SEB CAR15 and XM148 with a modified version of Laser's CAR15. Added dak seang, tet68 and fsb gloria islands. And the list goes on and on...

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/vte/screenshots/VTE_Promo52s.jpg (102 kB)

Required addons are as follows; Bn880 tracers, CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Mines, CoC Divers, JAM3 and USMC markers. Download these addons from the following links.

CoC Mines v1.0:

mirror 1: CoC site

mirror 2: filefront

mirror 3: ofp.info

CoC UA v1.0: (yes I'm well aware that v1.1 has been released).

mirror 1: filefront

mirror 2: ofp.info

CoC Divers v1.0:

JAM 3: (any more mirrors?)

mirror 1: ofp.info

USMC Markers/Symbols:

Bn880 Tracers:

At BIS topic

This v0.3 release is full, meaning no install problems, however we have setup a VTE Installation Help page for users are having problems with MOD directories. Check out Official OFP VTE Forum Area and PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: OFP VTE for details.

Download from VTE ofpc.de - 435mb. Thanks from mirror to ofpc.de site. All new mirrors are welcome.

Mirror 1: OFPFiles

Mirror 2: OFP.info

Mirror 3: -{GOL}-

Mirror 4: OFP ARMA

You can visit us at VTE Official web page and also check out VTE at ofpc site.

November 3rd, 2006.

VTE Founder and Leader

Snake Man, PMC.

Edited by Snake Man

Thank you once again dear modders for your unbelievable contributions and tireless work. Time to trek down the mountain to the internet cafe' to download... tounge2.gif

nice one, been looking forward to this smile_o.gif

Congratulations on the new release fellas! Downloading, gonna check it out once I get back home. smile_o.gif

Very good soldiers.

I m sad that there no frenchy.

2 thing i dislike: the gear down bug for nva plane and vc voice when they die.

Very good work, ready for vte v1.0 !

DLed 90MB of it within 6 min now i'm at 104 20 min later... mirrors, please. someone needs to upload it to filefront

Very good soldiers.

I m sad that there no frenchy.

I wanted to make some, but I ran out of time and I could never find enough reference material. That and I honestly wouldn't know if I was looking at correct images anyway sad_o.gif

I have problems with the American white faces, I need any face pack?

just the facepack that comes with it.

You cannot run this with any other mod or unit addons that call for faces from the data.pbo.

Also once in a great while a BIS face will try to show up on west units. I could never get that totally fixed.

No you dont need any face packs. Maybe you did not place the bin/ directory correctly on the addon directory?

v0.3 requires the bin/config.cpp to be used which was found on the download package.

You must have the VTE face pbo installed and you also cannot use custom faces with them. If you apply a custom face to yourself in the options screen it will not work unless it is based on the VTE faces.

Or like I said, maybe 1 out of 20 units will do this. If it does it all the time your setup is wrong.

It's all installed correctly. Not using any other mod or addon. VTE faces pbo is in the correct place.

You should make an installer? :[

So, all your west units have scrambled faces?

There is no need for an installer, as it's pretty much idiot-proof to drag the archive into your OFP directory.

All the west faces/skins are scrambled. The uniforms are fine, but everyone's face is white, they have ears where their eyes should be, faces on their arms, it's terrifying! wink_o.gif

They are even screwy in the face changer.

Here is a sure solution:

The faces will look screwed in the player setup (which is true for llauma faces too), but make sure you select one VTE face for the player (altough it looks screwed there).  When you play a mission the face will be ok since it uses differend textures than the default BIS faces (that's the reason the VTE faces are screwed in the player setup screen). When you want to play with default BIS units, you need to set again a default BIS face. It's a bit tedious to always change the face, but I didn't find any better workaround. In VTD demo (included in the VTE pack) I solved this by setting the player's face in the mission, so no screw-up there, but the player will always have the mission defined face, regardless what he/she chooses in the player setup.

What can I say but outstanding work for the VTE MOD! The new models and textures are amazing. Just one thing though, I've gotten the MOD to work fine except for getting a message before it starts saying " Addon 'Vte_land' requires addon 'BRDM' "

The thing is I didn't see any BRDM addon/s being part of the required third-party addon list. Anyone getting the same message?

Lol just my luck... Downloaded 0.2 last night, loving it, and now you release this new version, well, I guess all I can say is.. Woooooo!! yay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Crap, I'm already in my gf's bad books for spending all night killing Charlie tounge2.gif

Did you replace the models for the vehicles which use standard BIS vehicle models, like the ZSU-57-2 and BTR-152, which have since been released since the last VTE release?

Here is a sure solution:

The faces will look screwed in the player setup (which is true for llauma faces too), but make sure you select one VTE face for the player (altough it looks screwed there). When you play a mission the face will be ok since it uses differend textures than the default BIS faces (that's the reason the VTE faces are screwed in the player setup screen). When you want to play with default BIS units, you need to set again a default BIS face. It's a bit tedious to always change the face, but I didn't find any better workaround. In VTD demo (included in the VTE pack) I solved this by setting the player's face in the mission, so no screw-up there, but the player will always have the mission defined face, regardless what he/she chooses in the player setup.

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. The problem is the entire West team has messed up faces. When I switch to third person view, my face and helmet and skin is normal whether I chose a BIS face or a VTE face. I'm always fine. Everyone else is creepy looking.

It's bugging me, because this looks so great. But I can't play it with all these people being so weird.

It is your setup.

You need to post a couple screen shots of your ofp folder contents , the vte mod folder contents and the vte mod addon folder contents.

Without specifics on your setup there is no way to know if you really do have it setup and running correctly.

Also you should post what your vte mod shortcut path says as well.

Lol just my luck... Downloaded 0.2 last night, loving it, and now you release this new version

Ouch, talk about bad timing. Hope it was not long download on crappy speeds smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Did you replace the models for the vehicles which use standard BIS vehicle models, like the ZSU-57-2 and BTR-152, which have since been released since the last VTE release?

We replaced BTR-50 which was in v0.2 just a bmp model. That uses now real unarmed BTR-50 model.

Here is the list of placeholders, they clearly indicate ingame and in mission editor so when you look at them.

Type 63 Self Propelled AA (t55 fia) - VTE_Type63AA

SU-76 Self Propelled Gun (t55 fia) - VTE_SU76

K-63 (m113) - VTE_K63

LVTP-5 (m113) - VTE_LVTP5

M48A3 Patton (M60) - VTE_M48

If anyone in the community knows someone/Mod whos done these models, please let us know. If any modeler is interested of modelling any of the above models, please let us... yeah know. We and NAM scene would much appreciate.

If we dont get any outside help, then all I can say is I need to take crash course on O2 (more than with v0.2 and v0.3 development cycles) and model it myself, but boy... we are far off from that moment. Not that I dont want to do it, its just that my capabilities aren't really modelling a tank/vehicle from scratch yet. Even if someone knows 3DS model (bad, good or what ever quality) of the mentioned models, please let us know.

Quote[/b] ]getting a message before it starts saying " Addon 'Vte_land' requires addon 'BRDM' "

VTE_land is looking "Brdm.pbo" addon from Res/Addons/ directory, or could it be just Addons/ directory if you dont have Resistance or so, I'm not familiar with all the versions of OFP. But indeed its strange and I'd like to find out what version of OFP/install are you running so we can determine why such error comes up. Well why, hehe I know why because you dont have Brdm.pbo but... I mean, yeah.

Quote[/b] ]The problem is the entire West team has messed up faces. When I switch to third person view, my face and helmet and skin is normal whether I chose a BIS face or a VTE face.

I have never selected any faces to my user profile. Could you try de-selecting any face first and see what it does? Just create new user profile and dont select any faces/voice pitches or settings, just test VTE mission.