Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Community Racing Team

Any chances to play on full-version servers with the demo ?

Your opinions about the game and the whole skin making thing actually made me interested again, gonna give it another try.

But first i´ll take that template to PSP and do an ofpc skin for it biggrin_o.gif

If you like feel free to use our logo´s aswell:

www.armed-assault.de & www.ofpc.de

@Bals: No fantastic news rally wise, RBR is still the best one out there imho.

Thanks Mr Burns, i will add your logos to the skin. smile_o.gif

You cant play the full game online without a licence, however you can play the demo online which is just as fun and there are plenty of servers to get a feel for the game.

Smiley

Any chance for a dirt-section ?

I am still stuck with Richard Burns (may he rest in peace...) Rally

I guess this is where it really gets messy   thumbs-up.gif

Any superior rally games out lately ?

I like the idea of a racing team. I will check out the game in question as I just drove Rally over the last years.

Formula one is not my favourite and best physics simulation was in RBR, so if you don´t count in Flatout  biggrin_o.gif  I haven´t driven anything else than DTM lately.

*Start the engines !*

I think that the rally part is pretty ok, and it's alot of fun. I love rally in LFS too. RBR is probaly the best simulation but the handling and behavior of the car is LFS on rally is pretty solid and well made. Both Rally and Road are great! I like the rally more in LFS because it actually feels more immersive then in RBR, at least for me. In LFS it makes me feel like Im actually controlling the car since the physics are so realistic. And the best part is that new patchs and additions come out regularly.

Also there are quite a few addons (texture and sound wise). At the moment the game is unmoddable model-wise. Once the Final comes out then it will be fully modable.

Skin doesn´t show up in the selection screen, copied it into /data/skins/ & /data/skins_x/ .. even replaced some of the others with the file but still no success.

Is this is another demo restriction or is my skin fubar? huh.gif

edit: got it working yay.gif

lfss2_skin.jpg

Very nice smile_o.gif

This is the "concept" design we have at the mo, of course the logos will need to be added and possibly change the size of the other transfers. And the name, and flags ect ect

silvercar2rj7.jpg

hello all,

are you now playing lfs2 demo online ? if so where you playing at

i am one of the 2% that likes racing games you speak of smile_o.gif. getting the demo now will check back here later.

Here's a really good video about LFS! Video

The beginning shows the enviroment, some of the tracks. The end features some of the racing, and a couple crashes. It's really good, if your interested it's worth watching. It also showcases a glimpse of the rally tracks, and the variety of cars. Check it out!

Just got my wheel, i got the FF working Smiley so i'm sorted makes a real difference and my laps times are slowly coming down.

downloading demo and patches now...i miss a good racing game for years! last one i played was cm4 and trackmania (arcade game).

does the beta work online? i wont buy a game for 35euros without trying it first (online).

having ofp team would be awsome! great idea!

Those of you trying out the demo, if your not exaclty happy about the graphics, turn AA+AF at max if you can. This is the only game I can do that with (6AA+16AF) and still have it run at 60+fps. Also, higher the resolution the better.

This is what it the game looks like for me...

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9690/lfs2005082616103031yi9.jpg

The alpha, not beta (since its in alpha stage) will work online, the game is designed for online play (hence the extremly well done netcode). However on the demo servers there tend to be very immature people and lots of crashers. You just have to get a good demo server. (Like in OFP)

Also there's a new patch on the fourms, U20, if you want to try out the latest thing. If you want we can race on a demo server, I can host.

Here's a really good video about LFS! Video

The beginning shows the enviroment, some of the tracks. The end features some of the racing, and a couple crashes. It's really good, if your interested it's worth watching. It also showcases a glimpse of the rally tracks, and the variety of cars. Check it out!

The trees still don't look better than anything you could find in OFP, so I'll guess the OFP team will find itself at home... and... someone also made a twodimensional crowd addon for OFP, so I guess the team will be cheered on by the same folks as in OFP... how about that? rofl.gif

Count me in. Where do I sign?

I've had LFS since it was first mentioned in this forum... oh... like 2 years or so ago... something like that.

I've done skins (mostly classic inspired themes like Gulf, Scuderia, Air Italy Lancias, Shelby, etc..) and figured quite a bit out on how to skin. I could help get a common theme across some of the cars.

I've never raced online with it though... didn't have a wheel until very recent and I've only been practicing (and getting frustrated with the AI) since.

I've even made a video to brag about it to my racing *fanatic* of an uncle who is computer illiterate. It's 1gb (DVD) or I'd host it for download. The system far exceeds the capabilities *and possibilities* of any other racing sim EVER and that includes GTL and the new rFactor... the only thing holding it back is the incredibly long development time... I think they have beaten even BIS in terms of features/year  whistle.gif  biggrin_o.gif

[EDIT] Do we need webspace? I'll donate some...if you don;t mind working with portal software.[/EDIT]

[EDIT AGAIN] That video above doesn't do justice to the racing IMO. Excellent shots of scenery though. One thing I hate alot about videos is lack of in-game sound. Some people like fancy stereo systems in their car... Am I the only one that has ripped the stereo of their own car out simply because I love the sound of the engine?huh.giftounge2.gif [/EDIT AGAIN]

Hi Crashdome

Thanks for the interest in this small project smile_o.gif

Your offer about the skins will come in handy, im currently in talks with some mods and will edit my first post to show the mods supporting this along with a newly designed skin, i will talk to you about that before hand for you to lend your skills smile_o.gif Any chance i could see your skins you have made? smile_o.gif

Racing online is what makes LFS what it is, your missing out big style wink_o.gif

In terms of a website or space, that would be nice, i wanted to see how popular this idea was going to be, but i belive we would require "something" in order to keep some sort of structure. If you are able to host or make websites then please do not hesitate offer your services providing you have the time.

For me the best vid for lfs i have seen is a very simple, but "raw" looking clip, check it out, for me this is what lfs is all about.

CLICKY

Great skins! Very high quality, and great vid btw, nice driving fella.

i am going to have to pop offline now, but if you want to get cracking on some skin designs that would be great, the more the merrier.

Thankyou for your help and support, any more personnel questions PM me as we dont want to off topic this thread.

Nick

Any chance for a dirt-section ?

I am still stuck with Richard Burns (may he rest in peace...) Rally

I guess this is where it really gets messy   thumbs-up.gif

Yeah...great rally driver(rip) and great rally sim.

I guess there won`t be a sequel.. sad_o.gif

loving this racer smile_o.gif

how do you take those screen shots of your car @smiley and burns ?

is there anychance of racing with demo and what is the latest version of demo ?

Hey guys! nice skins

One of the guys I know from Zeus pointed me in the direction of this thread.

A small group of around 6 of us from Zeus and GWG drive regular and even have a little league going.

Do any of you race regular? any one fancy meeting up on line or on a server I put up for dedicated closed sessions?

What car or class do you guys prefer?

Incidently our little group is called Everon Racing biggrin_o.gif

lol just lost my virginity online smile_o.gif

was doing ok then it all went pete tong ,lol. i have made an ofp skin but dont know what screen you guys use to capture it in detail. anyway heres an out take, ps i hadnt realised how badly damaged i was lmao, this is fantastic

Deanos loses his cherry and wing smile_o.gif

lol just lost my virginity online smile_o.gif

was doing ok then it all went pete tong ,lol. i have made an ofp skin but dont know what screen you guys use to capture it in detail. anyway heres an out take, ps i hadnt realised how badly damaged i was lmao, this is fantastic

Deanos loses his cherry and wing smile_o.gif

...ahahaha...nice driving m8

@Rhodite, some of us still have to buy the full license but we will be using about 3 cars, can't remember the names off the top of my head, one is the slowest of the formula series and can't remember the other two confused_o.gif

I would love it if we could all meet up sometime and race together smile_o.gif

well i gotta tell ya , i just bought the liscence absolutely fantastic game ,cant believe i missed this one.just been having a rip in the bmw f1 its like adream smile_o.gif.

the liscence purchase was the smoothest i have ever done.

one tip dont create account with hotmail ,i used isp mail address went real smooth smile_o.gif.

well i`m off to skin me f1 and go do some online racing . hopefully we can get something to gether here.

Look out for my REG plate

Quote[/b] ]FlashOne

cheers smiley nice find m8