Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Community Racing Team

Im username brataccas every execpt youtube (banndersnatch) Last night I raced with smiley, danny t? silent and deadly, and some others I dont think I know tounge2.gif

edit: heres the video of the highlight crashes from flashpoint racing team members very good and funny vid and got lots of spectacular fluke crashes tounge2.gif

nearly 5 mins long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQ7aYxZfeo

some pics from the vid: (resized)

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

5-1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Nice crashing there biggrin_o.gif

Registered on e-racing now and hoping for some more demo-drivers to show up.

atm im fighting a humongous hangover so probably no racing today for me, gotta take it real slowly.

PS: If you see the Duff Man license plate, it´s already too late wink_o.gif

heres the video of the highlight crashes from flashpoint racing team members very good and funny vid and got lots of spectacular fluke crashes tounge2.gif

Smiley, if I ever get to have an ex, I'll let you drive her car... yay.gif

Really, this vid is definitely needing a warning: "Do not try this at home - all stunts performed by OFP-certified crash drivers" (Crash drivers = took a crash course in driving...). rofl.gif

Oh, if only my old Thrustmaster Grand Prix wheel wasn't completely wasted... damn... have to get a new one...

Hey all,

Had a fantastic night on e-racing last night , i played the defensive roll just like in ofp, always at the back smile_o.gif.

was loads of fun and plenty of decent racing was had by all, i hope

we can work it out so all 12 ? can get together and we can have some fun and top racing smile_o.gif. either way i hope to visit all servers :0. this game is v. good.

p.s didnt take any videos i was to busy slip sliding with slicks on mud . didnt realise i had road set up. thats my excuse anyway .well that was until noccy sent me the settings,thats a fine part of the game ,being able to send setups and stuff smile_o.gif.

Happy racing

DB

I think I have a suggestion that's along Smiley's idea.

How about a website that caters to multiple "teams". We certainly have a plethora of OFP sites that are not affiliated with one specific clan or team. I believe a single website that describes as Smiley_Nick said a "Flashpoint" or "BIS" Racing site where we can all join up and simply see the individuals that are both in the LFS and OFP(ARMA) community. I would like to join one of these teams, but being in the middle of the US, time is a major factor as to when I could drive. So in that respect, I might join a US or closer-based team, but I'd hate to be alienated from the rest of you guys.

So can we make a site that is all inclusive? E-Racing and WhateverYourTeamName Racing can meet there?

Sounds like a great idea!

Ball is in your court smiley. biggrin_o.gif

Ok mate

Looks like i was the crapest driver there then, hhaha i need to sort my setup or driving out.

Im getting the S2 tonight/tomoz but we play the demo and that can be anything from 7:00GMT to about 10:00GMT, once the forums are up we will be able to set times and so forth, they should be up tonight i think..

Nick

Man I gotta get online with you guys.

Hey.. about what time did you guys race?

Generally evenings GMT

6pm till sometimes 1-2am

My Servers are up only weekday evenings

But up all weekend.

That doesn't help me much... I am in US (-6hours GMT) so that is around my lunch hour while I am at work!! Bummer.

That's ok.. if you guys get a weekend race in, I will join up

[EDIT] Just noticed you said till 1-2 AM

In that case I can get on around midnight if you guys get a late night.[/EDIT]

Im sure your not the only american that plays LFS, weekend racing would be good, but this is why "flashpoint racing" would be a good idea, as we might collect a large number of people from all over the world who can race, set times, and teams when they are free ect

Nick

What would u guys think of getting together on the demo Wednesday evening ,somewhere round 8GMT?

So we can all have some fun with a large grid smile_o.gif

Ok small competition for you all

Breif

Design a livery (skin) for the XFG racing car, using any colors of your choice, this can include a simple 2 colour base coat, or more fancy effects such as lines, stripes, and anything else that goes.

Requirements

1.) Must be able to have space for logos, and for them to be easily viewed.

2.) Must be "universal" for the majority of the cars in LFS

Must have a "clean" look, with a high quality finish.

3.) All skins must be saved as a JPeg for showing purposes but the original must be saved as a editable image such as PSD.

Entrys

Please post your three examples in a reply on this thread, with no more than 100kb image size, if it exceeds it, create a link for it.

One entry per person

Winner

Winner will be decided on a majority vote, and flashpoint racing will adopt that skin for the racing team

Good luck gents

Nick

Refrence links to help you..

Clicky

i just tryed the game last night and i'm surrendered to the realistic feeling it brings...in the other hand i'm so disapointed with demo servers online...1st one i got in i just say " hello everyone!", and the answer was "hey blackjack shut up". cant get used to this kind of comunity, so where's my ofp fellas playing? e-racing? i'll join the forums there and try to meet u online.

and y i think i'm gona buy this game soon. meawhile i will get some other ofp friends to this game. meet u here or in the next race!

yes dont be put off by the demo servers, as you can emagin a lot of the players are kids, and noobs who like to wreck, and be childish.

The full version is totally different, mature adults who race and play by the rules.

Nick

@ Sep. 25 2006,22:30)]i just tryed the game last night and i'm surrendered to the realistic feeling it brings...in the other hand i'm so disapointed with demo servers online...1st one i got in i just say " hello everyone!", and the answer was "hey blackjack shut up". cant get used to this kind of comunity, so where's my ofp fellas playing? e-racing? i'll join the forums there and try to meet u online.

and y i think i'm gona buy this game soon. meawhile i will get some other ofp friends to this game. meet u here or in the next race!

thats sometimes happens, half the demo ppl are full of kids, but there are some really good ppl too smile_o.gif

11 or so of us ended up on the E-Racing Demo Server...

bl1-ofpers-1.jpg

bl1-ofpers-2.jpg

Great racing guys!

Great pics mate

Great racing, best racing i have had on the demo servers, just goes to show what a difference it can make with like minded players smile_o.gif

Nick

Well I bought the S2 Liscense of the game and a $110 racing wheel rig. Whats the ip and where do I sign up!?

:P

Nice to see you start something else for the community again Smiley.

It's OFFICIAL. Thanks to the approval of BIS...

We now have BIS logo'd cars in four flavors!

Grid

#1(Hot)

#2(Hot w/ Rainbow)

#3(Silver)

#4(Basic)

Each one is a variation of the original theme. Actual skins are below. Use these by placing your mod logo, etc.. on the car. You have various spots to do so...

I suggest using some of these:

[*]Left/Right Top of Pods

[*]Front of Nose

[*]Front Wings

[*]Sides of Rear Wings

[*]Front of Pods (One line of text just above inlets)

[*]Winglets just before Rear Wheels

TEXTURES (2048x2048) - Make sure and reduce before uploading to LFS (if you change them)

#1(Hot)

#2(Hot w/ Rainbow)

#3(Silver)

#4(Basic)

*right-click ... save as...

When you do modify the texture, change the name of the file please. Otherwise it will cause problems when trying to upload these to LFS. For example if I added the SoW logo to my car I would name it:

BF1_BIS_SOW_1.jpg

Where the number is the number contained in the skin.

[EDIT] I will be working on creating other cars with same theme. Any preference of which to create first??? FOX? UF1? RB4? etc.. [/EDIT]