Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Community Racing Team

Ok got the demo now and did a few rounds. It´s nice.

Can you give me some laptimes from regular demo track, so I know what I have to go for ?

Now I only need to get my pedals working. The Enzo Ferrari wheel from Ebay is great and I can use the switches at wheel to accelerate and brake but pedals would be better.

Cu ingame soon.

Ok got the demo now and did a few rounds. It´s nice.

Can you give me some laptimes from regular demo track, so I know what I have to go for ?

Now I only need to get my pedals working. The Enzo Ferrari wheel from Ebay is great and I can use the switches at wheel to accelerate and brake but pedals would be better.

Cu ingame soon.

The only track on the Demo is Blackwood

The World Record in the XFG (GTI Car) is around 1m.33s

Last nite the average was around 1m.36s

As your just starting out anything near 1m.40s is doing well smile_o.gif

nice vid rho

i think that was my only decent bits racing all night till i screwed up and rolled me car in the chicane

maybe i should change my number plate aswell :P

fastest lap of the night was sentinal pulling a 1:34s out of his ass n1 dude wink_o.gif

oh and anybody without a wheel... i use me joystick and it works a treat..analogue accelerate/brake is a must

got demo today, great game , im an experianced Toca driver, and this game kicks ass for realism.  Where do you guys play?

When searching for online servers

Look for "E-Racing Demo Server"

Password = zeus

its up weekdays 6pm - 2am

Weekends all day smile_o.gif

Thx Rhodite !

I was just in a race with that XFG. All others drove the turbo car.

As they were somewhat overmotivated most of them got caught in infights and I took over the lead. In my last round (stil leading) one came up from behind and I blocked his way as good as I could without even touching him and he went on the curbs and flew off to kingdom come. Then he shouted "cheater" and wanted to kick me. It´s been a while since I have been to kiddy servers, but it´s certainly been a laugh to beat them all with that little car biggrin_o.gif

My average lap time is now about 1.40, but I still need to practise a lot more, especially with those other cars.

Nice vid Rho, i was racing Okay last night, my fastest was 1:37 which isn't too shoddy but i blame Brat and Smiley for my poor driving. (was [FR] Scott btw)

Was a great evening (and unexpected)

Good clean racing, and with good humour too, I hope we can repeat this more, and perhaps get some racing on the full version biggrin_o.gif

Yeh i should be getting the license tonight and hopefully we can get another night like last night. was good having like minded folk racing and having a bit of banter.

Oh what a shame having missed yesterdays game, looks like you guys had lot of fun.

Maybe you´re up for a rematch tonight?

1:40 is my average too haven´t looked into the setup screen yet and also didn´t plan to do, call it dumb but since GranTourismo2 i´m kinda afraid of spending more time on setups than actual racing tounge2.gif

had a fantastic night last night, i was driving like a 3 year old due to much practice with laser mouse got a version of "w***ers cramp" so i set up my saitek 52 in single player and managed to get a decent times, hope to keep up tonight smile_o.gif.

p.s was great that 11 people or so all of varying talent cold manage to race without any real obstacles or shouting. long may it continue . always said the ofp crew were a mature bunch lol.

now where that wheel i once put in the loft.

@ crashdome nice work on getting permission, i just dl the silver one, its a beauty.

1:42 is my fastest so far, still getting use to it.

corners are a hit or miss affair. Im trying to get down to about 75 to take them but somtimes it goes wrong whistle.gif

1:42 is my fastest so far, still getting use to it.

corners are a hit or miss affair.  Im trying to get down to about 75 to take them but somtimes it goes wrong  whistle.gif

Slow in, fast out! The golden rule that helps ALOT!

If you come in too fast, you will miss the ideal turn, and end up exiting slower then you should which causes your time to grow.

where can i find a decent setting for the demo track?i searched the oficial forums, but didnt like the settings i found there. my time is 1:42, i guess i went to 1:41 once ( i saw guys doing 1:34) so i guess my car can improve a lot, and so my driving skills.

dam i'm addicted to this game ...hope to find ofp plp in the server tonight.

You can't see the server because Rhodite only puts it up at weekday evenings, it will be up later tonight.

As for setups blackjack then when your in a game you could ask someone to send you theres otherwise i'm not sure where you can get them. I'm sure someone else will know.

You can't see the server because Rhodite only puts it up at weekday evenings, it will be up later tonight.

As for setups blackjack then when your in a game you could ask someone to send you theres otherwise i'm not sure where you can get them. I'm sure someone else will know.

Which timezone are we talking here?

Its curently 19.48 here. (+0100 gmt)

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

; this site if u want to learn about making your own setups

http://www.thefloatingwidget.net/files/LFS_Advanced_Setup_Guide.swf

and this site for some of the mods LFS has

http://www.lfs-database.com/ (i especially like yamakawas reflectionmod => http://www.marcls-home.de/files....g )

noccie posted these sites for setups earlier wink_o.gif

It was great fun, although hard not sweating to death during the last 3 races those were really intense!

Great driving lads thumbs-up.gif

Flashpoint One on the left passing the Duff mobile -

lfs_pass.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Colonel Sandurz: Light Speed too slow?

Dark Helmet: Yes. We're gonna have to go right to, Ludicrous Speed .. GO!

yer some good races tonight...

the last couple of races got a bit messy tho due to a couple of "just installed the game/first drive of any car" folks

not naming any name david and nick :P

Small update

Domain "flashpoint-racing" has been ordered, and a forum should follow in the next day or so, and then the website will follow that in a few days or so.

Keep the racing alive chaps, and we shall have a home before you can say "ready set go!"

Nick smile_o.gif