Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

Armed Assault ACU Units

this is woodland! smile_o.gif The helmet has the old texture now... The vest too...

aaunit28wp9.jpg

I will go out now with my girlfriend... cya guys! wink_o.gif

Make up your damn mind... banghead.gif

If he is having fun modding stuff this way.. why should he? He is just trying out a few things.

Keep practising, also try to check out other addons how those have been done.

Now what is about this? smile_o.gif The glover textures and the textures of the magazine bags will retextured in a darker oliv or something! smile_o.gif I hope you like it this time! I will burn if not biggrin_o.gif

aaunit29rh8.jpg

Thank you I hope this was honest! wink_o.gif

EDIT: I just thought about the credits... lol I have to mention all guys posted in this topic! wink_o.gif You all really helped me a lot!

I don't think many people are making "jabs" as much as giving advice and suggestions in a non-flattering, matter-of-fact kind of a way. It's interesting to read this and see changes rather quickly. It does almost feel like a unit making tut.

It may be for another game, but it's still info on wrinkles. Another good one was a flag "wrinkles" tutorial I saw at ofp.info I "think". Same principles.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/skin-tutorial.htm

I read this post, and I agreed completely. Then I read:

Quote[/b] ]Make up your damn mind... banghead.gif

Wasn't very useful, was it?

On topic:

Sled88, the information you have been offered in this thread is from some of the top unit texture artists I know of, Ebud and Pathy just to name two. I hope you will read what is being said carefully and apply it to your own unit, you will eventually see the results and be very happy with it, the unit will look a lot better. However, this will take time and effort, and you can't expect it to start looking like some of the best units in the game in a couple of days.

A year or two ago I posted about my first proper attempt at making an addon almost from scratch, the M113 ADATS. By far the majority of the posts in response were praise, yet few offered any techincal advice on how to bring my addon up to scratch. The response you have gotten is the complete opposite, and shows the community has come a long way. Value the information you are being given and use it. smile_o.gif

ok here the update... The quality i wanted to reach in this units was reached a while ago for me... Maybe you don't like the units but it is enough for me for my first addon!

aaunit30co1.jpg

Left: The Squad Leader (light) and right the Sniper (light)

I will go on with the weapons now... I will use Jackals Weaponpack... I got permission to rip the needed weapons and to modifie them! smile_o.gif The so needn't dl the hole SJB pack again! smile_o.gif

It's beginning to look better, although there is still not much detailing beyond the pattern - the woodland pattern just tends to hide it more.** Why not try and use the seams as natural seems - put stitches along them, ect. That way, the join in the texture is barely noticeable. thumbs-up.gif You still need to work on the shadows.

Look at similar clothes you own, look at how the material is cut, the detail, the shadows. That is what you want to create! Use the tute on shadows that Ebud gave you. The flag one was originally from elsewhere, but Messiah redid it in his own words and put it up at UKF for you lot (cheeky git didnt even credit the original tute lol....(busted!wink_o.gif)

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?page=8

This one (well, the original) is what i formed the basis of how i draw creases from, although i do alot of things differently to suit my own technique. But thats what its all about. Take all the hints and tips you get and use them in ways you feel competant and comfortable with yourself. With alot of practice and playing about, you'll eventually hit quite a high level of quality, so keep plugging at it.

**i tend to draw my shadows and creases onto a plain light green or even white background, then put the camo in behind that layer, because its much harder to get shadows looking good on plainer, lighter colours - the idea being that if i can get it looking spot on against a white background, it'll look awesome against a camo background.

Anyway, any help you need... wink_o.gif

I'm off to celebrate my 21st some more. biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Starting to look good Sled!

Ok here is the standard M4 I will use for the Rifleman and TeamLeader... Model by SJB I just removed the Pump Thingy and added 2 other RIS Cover Clip... I also changed the color from black into grey! I personally think it looks beter now! wink_o.gif The barrel and the stock will be colored grey too...

aaunit31fs6.jpg

aaunit32it4.jpg

aaunit33cv2.jpg

Pretty cool, Sled notworthy.gif

Looks reayl great. keep up your good looking work

That is a major improvement over the other ones. Keep up the good work sled your doing great notworthy.gif

Maybe a tad much of the Photoshop canvas filter there. wink_o.gif

This is little OT

If your now making your own addons,you can try to make a single STALKER tounge2.gif

Look at similar clothes you own, look at how the material is cut, the detail, the shadows. That is what you want to create! Use the tute on shadows that Ebud gave you. The flag one was originally from elsewhere, but Messiah redid it in his own words and put it up at UKF for you lot (cheeky git didnt even credit the original tute lol....(busted!wink_o.gif)

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?page=8

This one (well, the original) is what i formed the basis of how i draw creases from, although i do alot of things differently to suit my own technique. But thats what its all about. Take all the hints and tips you get and use them in ways you feel competant and comfortable with yourself.

i lost the link and rewrote it from my vague memory, and what i had saved of the tute in .txt

i found the original here:

http://www.hesido.com/base.php?page=tutorials⊂=wavingflag

Here comes the Sniper Unit of my pack... The M24 is from SJB but I modified the texture..^^ I painted a woodland camo layer on it! Hope you enjoy! wink_o.gif

aaunit34nb7.jpg

aaunit35xm5.jpg