Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

Armed Assault ACU Units

BTW does anybody know where to find DLEM? Want to ask him for permission!

I added a cloth-strucure to the texture and i reworked the color of the west!

aaunit06cb5.jpg

Holy wow wow!!! that was one hell of an update son. this is starting to look better then the armed assault stuff. notworthy.gif

Baybe... But the ArmA soldiers in this pack don't look like the soldiers looks today in ArmA! wink_o.gif

keep up the good work there sled,people with low end pc gonna love this stuff when they cant play arma smile_o.gif.

looking v good smile_o.gif

I'd love for you to make a tutorial on how to texture like that. notworthy.gif

Im afraid to comment on the ACU/choc chip/tri color camo combo

crazy_o.gif

WIP or not...what exactly are you making mate?

Precisely what I was thinking from the first post, 3 camo changes and now all in one... cant make up your mind? :P

On a positive note, I think the textures should be desaturated a little bit and dirt and worn properties added to them. THe model is great though.

I´m a little bit confused at this point too; ACU, Woodland/Desert BDU, choc chip tricolor... and all at same time! tounge2.gif

Btw, It would be nice if you could add more details on the texture because is looking a little bit plain.

Hmm, technically its four camos what with the woodland camo kneepads, vest and all. Textures still need (a lot of) work. Try adding some wrinkles/creases (check the BAS Open Source Unit kit for some good bases.

What's the point of this addon? Looks to like you're just making something not really caring about what you want to do with it.

If the ACU looks anything like it did on the first page (no offence, but it sucked bigtime), I'd stick with choc chip desert, mate. Leave ACU alone for now, eh. tounge2.gif

Your choc-chip however, is 1st class. The base model looks quite solid, I think, but you'll need some dirt on those guys, since they look rather GI-Joe'ish.

I'm sorry sled but there are kinda useless...because they use a model which does already exist.

I would understand more ACU Units or whatever with a totally new model, but this? no confused_o.gif

you may better concentrate on one thing and finish that instead of having 3 projects parallel to each other huh.gif

What is the purpose of this addon? We already have all of the camo types for US soldiers, and they look a lot more polished. It might help if we knew why this was any more "arma" than the others, when it's an OFP addon using OFP models and lacks anything in Arma. I think a better option is to wait for Armed Assault, you'll find the soldier models look a lot more like the Arma soldier models.

Jaguar is right.

also the quality of the addon counts, not the quantity.

I mean, I prefer waiting 2 months longer and have a good addon then instead of having an "unfinished" addon, which you see the 2 months missing work.

ALL ACU textures which are still on the model will be changed into tri color! The original model is by DLEM but i modified them... (vest and their ass and so on! biggrin_o.gif)

@Mods: Please change the topic title and delete this ACU in it.. It was a typo by me! PLZ PLZ!

BTW: I creating this type of soldier because I like them... And I wanna show you MY progress... So if somebody don't like don't look at them! tounge2.gif This is my very first modelling act in my ofp history and the second time i texturing something!

@Sgt. Eversmann: I can't see 3 projects... -.- I personally work on this here and no other... This is no Battletek ot Team Nemesis Production!

Ok here an update... I removed all ACU camo schemes now! wink_o.gif I also added new glovers tounge2.gif The pics (light armed): (2 times with my dxdll and one without)

aaunit09qy1.jpg

aaunit10sn8.jpg

aaunit11ku8.jpg