.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

Really great job guys. thumbs-up.gif

One small gripe though..... Is there a way to get rid of the stepping sound when leaning ("crunch" everytime you lean)? If not cut it out completely, then lower the volume slightly? This might be a question for Sanctuary since he made the anims, but if you guys know of an answer, please respond.

If I remember correctly, that sound was disabled in TOYOTAWARS. It gets annoying when you have to press lean a few times, because you weren't positioned correctly the first time. If it requires editing a file, that's ok, because it's being used in a private server anyway, not public.

On a side note, (sorry if this has been answered or mentioned, but...) are you guys planning on WGL for ArmA? I really hope so, because you guys do REALLY GOOD work. notworthy.gif

in the @wgl5\bin folder , open the config.cpp present there (can be opened with any text editor)

Look for :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class DMASTLeanLeft:CombatWalkF

inside this class, you will see

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundEnabled=1;

change this to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundEnabled=0;

Do the same for the same line found under

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class DMACRLeanLeft:CrouchWalkF

And you will have no more step sound played when leaning from stand and crouch position.

But notice that you may be auto-kicked when joining some servers (if you play online) for modified file reasons.

And if you run a private server, try to get all the people joining to have the same config.cpp as the one present on your private server.

Silly question and a little late at this point, but since Samak Hills and Gaia are your islands, why not just make them part of the WGL islandpack? tounge2.gif  There are a ton of islands in the pack and surely 2 more wouldn't make that much difference.

Anyway, great job on the release.  Tons of stuff in a short period of time.  

inlove.gif

To make a simple answer. They are not in the pack, because of the size.

Ive run the win_2kxp install.bat for llaumax, but for some reason, the nightvision goggles still retain their old external texture. What do I need to do to get the much better looking external model in there?

Hey can someone give me the Config.bin that came witht WGL 5.1 because i replace it by accident and now some feature are not working

I think the 9x19 cartriges need a minor weight adjustment. They fly somewhere into space after bouncing off the ground.

This is the only bug i found till now.

And... thank you so much for the "new" sniperrifles. They are great.

Edit:

The hole in the HMMWVs roof is still there. It can only be seen in pilot LOD.

Hi, Thanks very much for the best MOD ever, one question though, when I run the MOD I get no AI Personal radio calls i.e. 2 is down or Rogger when you ask them to move, I assume this is how it's ment to be ?

If so is there a way of changing the config to get radio calls back as I only play with the AI and like to hear notifications when I tell them something.

Thanks for any help.

well yes Freshman confused_o.gif

even if we know about problems, we do not always have the capabilities to fix them in time huh.gif

Notice that by enabling the voices again, you will have the return of this problem present in OFP :

Quote[/b] ]Player Tank Commander: "Contact T80, 5'o clock"

1 second later

Player Tank Commander: "TARGET T80, 5'o clock"

1 second later (during that time you click to have your AI gunner to FIRE at the T80)

your AI : "enemy vehicle, 300"

1 second later (you begin to be anxious as the T80 is rotating its turret toward you)

your AI : "enemy AT Soldier, 300"

1 second later (the T80 is near to aim at you, you are sweating)

AI: "enemy Machinegunner, 300"

1 second later (the T80 is actually aiming at you, you notice an AT soldier getting his AT launcher on its shoulder, you are actually screaming)

AI: "enemy, medic, 2'o clock"

*BOOM* - both the T80 and the AT soldier destroyed your tank, while your FIRE order has not appeared yet

You insult the OFP AI, you quit the mission, you quit the game and uninstall it out of rage

When you disable the voice, this annoying problem does not exist because every order is achieved nearly immediately.

Witch i find exreamly cool.

I love having the voice disabled! didnt know about it untill WGL.

Oh, one thing tho. Small animation thing thats bugging me. I dunno if this has been posted before, cause Im busy and didnt check all pages, but the gun on back animation doesnt quiet look good with only a pistol. But from what I understand, its completly impossible to have different gun on back animes depending on gun charicters using, thats... Ok... goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]well yes Freshman

even if we know about problems, we do not always have the capabilities to fix them in time

I hope you don't think i am searching for bugs like a madman... I just want to give you as much feedback as possible cause i love WGL.

---------

Another bug report whistle.gif

I don't know if you can solve this but sometimes it happens that objects you lay on the ground just disappear. I know that this is a general OFP affair but i noticed that i happens quite often in WGL especially when you put things out of your rucksack.

And i have seen several CDT's with WGL 5.1 and its very confusing to me because i haven't had a single one with WGL 5.0. But maybe its my fault because i replaced some models...

How about a SMAW in the next version (if there will be one)?

The new launchers (Dragon, Javelin) are amazing and I want more biggrin_o.gif

nah dont get me wrong with my last post crazy_o.gif

we encourge people to give as much as feedback as possible smile_o.gif

yet i have one small request though - for us its easier

to handle things via our forum whistle.gif

WarGames Site / Forum

The SMAW would have been in WGL 5.1, if Suchey and Earl would have given us permission (no response so far). confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And i have seen several CDT's with WGL 5.1 and its very confusing to me because i haven't had a single one with WGL 5.0. But maybe its my fault because i replaced some models...

we heard this too banghead.gif

yet we couldnt track down the source of the problem, so any

info would be very helpful!

Quote[/b] ]I don't know if you can solve this but sometimes it happens that objects you lay on the ground just disappear. I know that this is a general OFP affair but i noticed that i happens quite often in WGL especially when you put things out of your rucksack.

we are aware of this problem for a long time, but we werent

able to find the source of it confused_o.gif

(maybe its an ofp engine locality thing)

Quote[/b] ]I don't know if you can solve this but sometimes it happens that objects you lay on the ground just disappear. I know that this is a general OFP affair but i noticed that i happens quite often in WGL especially when you put things out of your rucksack.

I have only had this problem in multiplayer.

If you wait about 5-10secs, you shouldnt have this problem, unless the server is dsynced. If it dissapears, i think it is because you have picked up the item you just droped via your rucksack before the server even recognised as being there. (i think)

Maybe a stupid question but:Is it normal that there is no speech sound in WGL(like when someone is reporting the enemy and such)?

by default yes you dont get them.

read the posts on this page f6/43xYrbb wink_o.gif

You'll get used to it, or if you don't. You can change it back like Q says.

It took me a while to get used to no radio also, although the faster AI responses can save your life. Sometimes in larger battles I'll miss an important spotting (armour) because the text is going by so fast.Might be nice to have some ECP style banter whistle.gif

we accept applications to help out froggyluv  whistle.gif   biggrin_o.gif