Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

well normally when i have contact jj@idea games he has always emailed me back. This time i have emailed him 2 times, to ask if there will be any news on an online download soon. I can tell you he hasnt replied to both emails, so idont know what this tells me. This has annoyed me because now i have ordered the German version, i will be pretty much peeved of if an online announcment is made soon after the German version.

will somone somwhere clear it up and say if there will be an online download available soon. Placebo you told me to email him to find out. Can i ask why he deosnt reply to this question?? I noted somone else said they had asked the same thing and had no response.

I got an answer from their Marketing & PR email which I posted earlier:

Quote[/b] ]HI Jonathan,

we are still discussing ArmA distribution in US. Online distribution won't

be possible before UK release. Thank you for your interest in our game.

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

of course in the UK They speak REAL English

Yeah here in America we speak American, English is a very similar language that most people in America can understand.

lol...

Argh, Im going to take my chances and order a German version and wait for someone to bring out the English unofficial patch haha..

I just wana pistols.gif im sure i can learn the arma german lanuage untill its done smile_o.gif

I just read a post that says <link removed> - Placebo. will distribute morphicon's german copy to people around the world for a small extra fee.

It's too bad 505 can't release the game at the same time, I think many people in the UK will buy it from that guy instead.

Seems to me it could all be resolved my making the online version available before the store version, oh well. smile_o.gif

It may not be top english, but it's understoodable for everyone.

Sorry, I had to laugh.

well americans speak a moddified english. its a little disturbing at times, but with my australian linguistics and american linguistics i have some how managed to understand their laanguage as my american friends have managed to understand.

Quote[/b] ]So far the Bohemia Interactive Studio has only found a publisher in the Czech Republik, Germany (Morphicon), Austria, Poland and Russia. The rest of the world … has to wait longer. There is not even another publisher found for other regions but it is believed that ArmA will be distributed on February 2006.

This site needs some serious updating.

And the coding is plain html from what I can see.

I'm also not sure how this would conflict with the distribution area contracts the publishers got but that's not my business smile_o.gif

I say, just let the developers get on with their work and leave them and the publishers to decide when they feel is a good time for release......just go and play CS or read a few books, until the game hits the shelves and we some real screenshots and reviews nener.gif

Yeah here in America we speak American, English is a very similar language that most people in America can understand.

yeah, and just look at all those new words that the great american language has given us:

burger

soda

fries

color (colour didn't make sense so they shortened it)

rofl.gif

Armour also got raped, and Americans have a very interesting ability of throwing "z"s into words when not required.

Stabilized? WTF. It's stabilised, FFS.

We felt that Zs were neglected so we had to show them that we appreciated them by letting them fill in for Ss sometimes.

sry 4 OT goodnight.gif

Americanized.  biggrin_o.gif

(But yeah, a US publisher would be xmas_o.gif  inlove.gif )

Quote[/b] ]So far the Bohemia Interactive Studio has only found a publisher in the Czech Republik, Germany (Morphicon), Austria, Poland and Russia. The rest of the world … has to wait longer. There is not even another publisher found for other regions but it is believed that ArmA will be distributed on February 2006.

This site needs some serious updating.

I'm also not sure how this would conflict with the distribution area contracts the publishers got but that's not my business smile_o.gif

Mate I did not aim to win an award for the design or operability of the page. The site is only a tool that has to work... and guess what ?? It works out !! wink_o.gif I have people that have ordered already and are so far very happy!

Plain html is a very good thing. You might have meant something different as the the site doesn't use plain html but a frankenstein M$ HTML-a-like (no offence to the author, just the way it is wink_o.gif )

i think he basically meant the site's poor looks gives the operation an air of being totally unreliable.

not that it is, -- just that it looks that way.

Guys... again, it is not about to create the best looking homepage but to give people the opportunity to get their hands on ArmA.

And it works... you can read the page, you can ask questions and you can order it!

If you dont understand this, grow up!

We are not in a forum for 13year olds learning html and to boast: "look, his site is shit, mine is better".

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Nov. 01 2006,12:11)]We are not in a forum for 13year olds

really? Honestly I've been fooled into thinking so many a time whistle.gif

[CS]SOBR[1st-I-R] - Don't get me wrong I'm on your side wink_o.gif The site is functional and that's actually something that many websites don't manage. You don't need a fancy design or graphics to do the job and despite what some people think the general public actually prefer plainer sites to those with more style than content.

If I may be allowed a couple of constructive criticisms -

1) Lose the splash page. Just go straight to the main page

2) Reduce the height of the banner at the top there, at my laptops native resolution 1280x800 that image takes up a third of the page (fullscreen) and half the page when windowed. It pushes the important part, the content, off screen so I have to scroll down each time I follow a link.

I might add that I'm a programmer and currently working as a web based application developer - wish I could say I even remember being 13 smile_o.gif

Thanks GBee.. I will change what you said! Good post mate, critism that is put in a positive way is always good. smile_o.gif

@OFPCAT - No ArmA will be released in 10 days in Czech Rep and in 30 days in Germany.

Some constructive critism then:

Since you're doing a trade over your site (and even if it is non-profit trade) and since you seem to be based in Germany I would get a "Impressum" (according to the "MDStV") on the Site asap. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressum

------------------------

I would also look into bringing all important informations "above center fold" on the site since that is where people look first and get their first impression of your site. generally, if people don't like what they see (from left to right) above center fold the chance is great they leave the site.

wink_o.gif

well i feel Americans just like to drag there words to long, like "Hello" would be hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Now noone is of to string words in AA like that. One voice command would fill the intire page making game play hard.

Due to the possibility that Bohemia Interactive could be accused of liability as a result of any conflict or disagreement that result from transactions between 3rd party companies advertising on official Bohemia Interactive forums it has been decided that we cannot condone or allow any advertising by 3rd parties offering commercial services of any kind.

Edit: And for the rest please get back on topic, this thread is not for discussing English v Americglish language or web design tips.

Roger Placebo, wont mention my trade here anymore.

@Andy - Impressum coming at weekend, if you demand on ASAP... I cant to do it, if you wish to undertake further steps because I cant do it ASAP ... good luck biggrin_o.gif