Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

OFP Modern Combat Mod

Looks good. I was wondering could you change the green vegetation, with a permission of CJE, to something else, for example the vegetation in the CAT Afghanistan? It just looks weird to me to see green vegetation in a desert island. huh.gif

Is it realy neccessary to swap the MP5 for some M4 variant.

Every MOD has done this lately just coz someone cant handle a bit of removeweapon\addweapon on a handfull of their US SpecOps.

Now the rest of the world has to suffer (addon world that is)with no choice in armaments.

Is it realy neccessary to swap the MP5 for some M4 variant.

Every MOD has done this lately just coz someone cant handle a bit of removeweapon\addweapon on a handfull of their US SpecOps.

Now the rest of the world has to suffer (addon world that is)with no choice in armaments.

Perhaps this is because the M4 is what US Specops use?

If you read the first page, you'll note that other weapons have been added in.

EDIT: Perhaps the MP5 should be added in as an optional weapon?

I've basically finished the main part of the mod. All I need now is a good place to host the files. Any suggestions.
We can host if you manage to put up an initial mirror (maybe by splitting archives) so i have something to upload wink_o.gif
yea, because you can't hit SHIT with an mp5.

No offense, but you gotta be the worst shooter on these forums..

i talking about in real life

Ah, so that is why the MP5 is the most succesfull SMG of the last 15 years rofl.gif

That's right, submachinegun. If you're trying to compare a submachinegun with an assault rifle then you must be drunk or something tounge2.gif

Some operators like CQB versions of the M4A1, while others prefer an actual submachinegun (MP5, P90, UMP etc) for urban areas.

so is this compatible with ECP.. i mean is it just a unit and weapon replacement

it appears so, which essentially is a nice thing to be able to replace units but not have laggy effects forced apon you.

I assume you've 'fixed' the inability of the AI to use the javelin effectivly? The origina suchey/earl javelin was configged so the AI would never fire it (because they'd blow themselves up), although someone did release a 'fixed' version.

The "fixed" version was the basic "Direct Fire" mode, which made it feel to me, as the layer, like a suped-up Carl Gustav. I just loved the top-down attack of the original. Perhaps, with a bit of coding, it would be possible to create a Javalin with top-down AND direct fire with the same missile, but different "muzzles" i.e. simply hit the "space-bar" to toggle the firing modes. In the coding, you could simply make it so the AI can only use the direct-firing, and retain the top-down attack for players. OR, edit the coding of the top-down attack, so the AI can use it. Either way, the two firing modes being available is still an avenue worth looking into.

WGL 5.1 offers it, methinks. There's a menu option to switch between them. Haven't extensively tested it though, but works as said... IIRC AI can use it, too. Dunno how'd it work in MP then.

Ah, so that is why the MP5 is the most succesfull SMG of the last 15 years rofl.gif

That's right, submachinegun. If you're trying to compare a submachinegun with an assault rifle then you must be drunk or something tounge2.gif

Some operators like CQB versions of the M4A1, while others prefer an actual submachinegun (MP5, P90, UMP etc) for urban areas.

you say that as if you are a CQB operator yourself. just because you see pictures of random people using mp5s in takedowns doesn't mean SF actually use it in theater, i know here in 20th Group, and i've only been in a year, i've never seen a single mp5, or sub machine gun of ANY type.

Looking good Rooney. If you want some help with the desert version of this give me a yell.. Have some ideas for ya

you say that as if you are a CQB operator yourself. just because you see pictures of random people using mp5s in takedowns doesn't mean SF actually use it in theater, i know here in 20th Group, and i've only been in a year, i've never seen a single mp5, or sub machine gun of ANY type.

The thing that many people fail to realise is that it isn't all about US Spec Forces.

So the US Spec forces no longer use the MP5, so what.

Does that justify coding every MP5 in the game world to turn into an M4?

I may be a nothing in a nowhere theature of conflict but I have had the oportunity of seeing equal numbers of MP5 to M4's passing through my lunch area on anti-terrorist operators.

I just think its easier to add M4s the traditional way as a mission maker than trying to add MP5s to a MOD thats given in to some schisim and thinks everyone whants to be US Spec Forces.

Quote[/b] ]way cool BR, any chance u'd use our mercs as RES???

Yes there is. I haven't chosen the RES troops let.

Quote[/b] ]Looks good. I was wondering could you change the green vegetation, with a permission of CJE, to something else, for example the vegetation in the CAT Afghanistan? It just looks weird to me to see green vegetation in a desert island.

I look into this further. BTW CSJ islands are very realistic. On my trip to northern africa I seen many lots of green vegetation.

Quote[/b] ]Is it realy neccessary to swap the MP5 for some M4 variant.

If enough people wish the MP5 back it will be put back. But it's not that realistic or modern compared to an M4. If you can handle removeweapon\addweapon why not just remove the M4 and replace with the MP5. On this note and Editable version of the Config will be included.

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps this is because the M4 is what US Specops use?

If you read the first page, you'll note that other weapons have been added in.

EDIT: Perhaps the MP5 should be added in as an optional weapon?

The M4 is one of the Primary weapons of USSF's. Also many SMG's have been included as additional weapons:

1: MP5A4

2: MP5 Tactical

3: MP5-SD6

4: P-90

5: P-90 SD

6: UMP-45

7: UMP-45 SD

I've also included some CQB varients of the M4. And I may also replace standard M4 with the ACOG version.

Quote[/b] ]yea, because you can't hit SHIT with an mp5.

It's slighty true. The MP5 has got a reputation of being inaccurate.

Quote[/b] ]We can host if you manage to put up an initial mirror (maybe by splitting archives) so i have something to upload

Thanks. I'll get right on it.

Quote[/b] ]so is this compatible with ECP.. i mean is it just a unit and weapon replacement

I not sure. You may try it when I release the Mod. All feedback would be much appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]I assume you've 'fixed' the inability of the AI to use the javelin effectivly? The origina suchey/earl javelin was configged so the AI would never fire it (because they'd blow themselves up), although someone did release a 'fixed' version.

The Javelin issue has been fixed. The javelin has still got a drop which is quiet dangerous when fired too low. Jackal I will look into 2 firing modes, Direct and Indirect. Thanks for mentioning that.

Quote[/b] ]Looking good Rooney.  If you want some help with the desert version of this give me a yell.. Have some ideas for ya

I will contact you if I need assistance. Cheers Dan

Quote[/b] ]I may be a nothing in a nowhere theature of conflict but I have had the oportunity of seeing equal numbers of MP5 to M4's passing through my lunch area on anti-terrorist operators.

I just think its easier to add M4s the traditional way as a mission maker than trying to add MP5s to a MOD thats given in to some schisim and thinks everyone whants to be US Spec Forces.

Well as I said. If enough people want the MP5 back I'll put it there, But it won't be realistic. BTW are anti-terrorist operators USSF's. I don't think so, So whatever weapons they choose doesn't mean USSF's use them also.

Phew! I'll post any more news and screens when I get back to the mod. Right now I'm going to enjoy my girlfriends birthday.

Thanks for the kind words and keep up the posting. All you say helps me improve my work. BTW anyone out there help me with my ACU issue. Thanks

The thing that many people fail to realise is that it isn't all about US Spec Forces.

So the US Spec forces no longer use the MP5, so what.

Does that justify coding every MP5 in the game world to turn into an M4?

I may be a nothing in a nowhere theature of conflict but I have had the oportunity of seeing equal numbers of MP5 to M4's passing through my lunch area on anti-terrorist operators.

That's because the blackops on West side are US Special forces, thus, turning OFP 1985 into modern combat would mean black ops are STILL SF, thus, using m4's... what military are you in, and what is your MOS?

Well. First off Thanks for all the comments. I've fixed\updated many aspects of the Mod. Second I'm planning to use the new FFUR BDU\ACU units after seeing them on the thier thrend (they are sweet). I'm trying to release the Mod ASAP. so the FFUR troops may be included in a patch.

Quote[/b] ]My Question is...is this mp ready?

I've let to test it on MP. I've no internet connection at the moment so thats a problem. When the mod is released I shall require feedback to any MP issues. So I'm sorry but you'll have to wait and see.

its been a while since some feedback on the mod development..

how far into deelopment is it?

Hello Again my friends. I'm sorry for the long absence, but working on the config has been very time consuming, That and my personal life have left really no time for posting updates.

Quote[/b] ]how far into development is it?

Well the Mod is about 85% - 90% complete. There are still some small bugs to be ironed out. Here are some new changes.

1: Added FFUR 2006 ACU units (edited slightly)

2: Armed Crews with M4's

3: Added UCS Mercs

4: Remove US Airborne Troops

5: Added M249 para w/ Aimpoint

6: Fixed an issue with T-72 being superior to M1A2 in battle

7: Fixed issue with BMP-1P being able to shoot helo with main gun

I'll have some more news soon and some screens. Thanks for all your patience and understanding.

3: Added UCS Mercs

smile_o.gif, BTW if you need to use any other UCS stuff just ask me and i can set you up with the latest versions

This all sounds pretty good, even with some minor inaccuracies, good luck with your project and keep up the nice work,

wink_o.gif

Regards,

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]BTW if you need to use any other UCS stuff just ask me and i can set you up with the latest versions

I will helping_hand thanks

Quote[/b] ]This all sounds pretty good, even with some minor inaccuracies, good luck with your project and keep up the nice work,

Thanks TB84, Thats great coming you. On the inaccuracies I'm 99% sure you had a many issues when you started FFUR.