Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

OFP Modern Combat Mod

Lol yeah that was a rather embarrassing mis-read goodnight.gif

But about the PMs, I believe you, Jaguar started that, so dont start twisting things.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Lol yeah that was a rather embarrassing mis-read  goodnight.gif

But about the PMs, I believe you, Jaguar started that, so dont start twisting things.

Teach you to actually read the threads rather than post what you think people are saying wont it :P

From what ive read all Jag did was point out the Universal didnt have permission to publicly announce/distribute/edit etc any DKM addon. The flaming didn’t start until you and universal replied.

You seem to be missing the fact that DKM addons are the property of the DKM Team and not the community. DKM only grants you the rights to use them if you don’t edit or alter them for public consumption which is what Universal was attempting to do. And not just in this thread but in others too.

If anyone is flaming or twisting stuff i don’t think it is Jaguar

Well, however you or Jaguar put it, I still don't see what's so bad about talking about modifying an addon, as opposed to actually releasing it, without permission.

It doesn't matter what you think in this respect, as was stated above, pretty clearly, one IS NOT ALLOWED to even post pictures, or discuss modifying it without the express permission of those who made it. It's really not all that difficult. Jag isn't an idiot, and obviously isn't a mean guy, i'm sure if universal actually read the readme and had asked permission in the first place this wouldn't even be an issue.

Well, however you or Jaguar put it, I still don't see what's so bad about talking about modifying an addon, as opposed to actually releasing it, without permission.

I lend you a car... it's my car, but I'm letting you use it. Do you think I would let you alter it without my permission if you promised to put it back together before I saw it again? icon_rolleyes.gif

You have no right to question what's so bad / why they want / how can they be so mean. It's their property that they're lending to you. Just obey the intellectual property / copyright laws and everyone will be happy.

It wasn't that he just stated he was editing their work. It was the fact that he posted screens and told of a public release. Readme's of all addons clearly stat no public release or photos without full permission prior to such an act. I don't mean to offend either you or universal by my posts, But DKM Addons are the sole property of DKM.

Quote[/b] ]Glad someone has some honour in this community.

Well, without are honour what are we.

Quote[/b] ]Please refrain from flaming each other.

Yeah Guy's PM's, PM's.

sorry to revive this thread but I was really interested if the creator was continuing it or if he went on to ArmA or dropped it all together?

sorry to revive this thread but I was really interested if the creator was continuing it or if he went on to ArmA or dropped it all together?

I've been continueing the project on a personnal level, Lack of time and of course the release of ArmA have really forced me to stop all major work, Of course it would still be possible to release the project.

PS: Its a far cry from what it was when I started this topic, so the first post is a bit oit-dated.

Hi All!

For anyone who is still interested in this mod, I've decided to release the work i've done with it so far.

This will include an already fully-implemented bug-free combination with the latest SLX mod by Solus, full implemention of current US and Russian equipment, weapons, men and vehicles.

Implemention of other branches of the respected militaries, incl: US Marines, US Airforce, Russian Marines, Russian Airforce and many others. I hope to have the mod ready before the week ends.

Even if this doesn't interest anyone I will still release it. The community is falling apart around us all. My only addition to the community will be this mod.

Thanks Everyone For Your Support And Work For The Game That I've Come To Love. Cheers Big-Rooney

Hello BR,

Good to hear you've decided to finish up

with the project.

Will it be as script heavy as some of the

other "replacement" type mods?Like ECP

or FFur?

Btw,although the community isn't what it was,

there's still quite a few of us left in OFP land.

So you'll still have an audience,no matter how

small.

I look forward to it's release.

smile_o.gif

Great news, Big Roony!

Stay with us. Like Macser wrote, there is enough OFP communtiy left here! Believe me, before OFP 2 isnt released and ArmA has its badly cfg.- and steering problems (they should have used the key-cfgs. same as in OFP) this one will be still No. 1 - not only for me. So dont get refused.

Cheers,

marcomio

Hehehe I get a laugh out of folks saying Oh noes OFP is dead. Pleanty of guys still working on it, and with arma out there are even more servers running OFP now..

Hi All:

Nice to see some interest still in OFP, concerning the release of the mod, I've now implemented full woodland, desert and winter islands with full US military woodland, desert and winter vehicles and soldiers.

Also Implement is the Local Army, Guerillas to both sides and now i hope to implement: (maybe in a patch)

- Heavy transport choppers for both sides (CH53, MI-26)

- Redone Local Forces (HYK '85 era US soldier models)

- Large transport planes for both sides

Like marcomio said, ArmA is still buggy and hasn't really reached its potential, so until it reaches its full potential I will continue to play OFP (and I have ArmA).

Release is soon (I hope), Cheers Big-Rooney

Hi all,

I've just release the first version of my Mod on the BI Forums, This topic is no longer any use to any of you, If you wish to download the Modern Combat Mod (MCM) - SLX Mod please visit this Topic Modern Combat Mod - SLX v1.0 Release, Post all your questions or problems in that topic.

Thank You All Very Much, Big-Rooney

there is another mirror ?

I can't download the mod from filefront

And i really want to try this

Unfortunatly FileFront is the only mirror I got, Its that only upload service that i'm a part of, If you can provide other websites like filefront I'll join and upload there.

Unfortunatly FileFront is the only mirror I got, Its that only upload service that i'm a part of, If you can provide other websites like filefront I'll join and upload there.

If you send ofp.info an e-mail they might upload your mod to thier sight or just PM one of thier members here.