Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy - Frigates

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:DarkRed'>OFP Navy - Frigates</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Oliver Hazard Perry and Krivak classes</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>beta1  -  19th August 2006</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATE: beta2  -  2nd October 2006</span>

Frigate_U.jpg

Frigate_V.jpg

Frigate_W.jpg

Frigate_X.jpg

Beta1 FEATURES

- Movable large ship

- Usable (solid) rear heli deck

- Deployable Zodiacs

- Boarding scripts for cargo positions

- Manned CIWS

- Manned Missile launchers

- "No wet feet" scripts when getting out of the Frigates

NEW FEATURES

- Increased the Armour of the ships

- Improved missile targeting

- Improved CIWS targeting

- Allowed Chopper "Landings" on the heli decks

- Changed the class names etc to OFPEC compliant

- Scaled Map icons for both ships

- Group boarding from deck to choppers

- Stop ships with no driver running off

- Self Repair option available

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:DarkRed'>Read the BETA2 README!</span></span>

It took a while but after I bashed my head against a brick wall trying to get MP to work (and failed sad_o.gif ) I have decided to release them now before I get bored with them and drop these units.

EDIT: Might be an MP version next biggrin_o.gif

BETA2 LINK Only good for a few days so mirrors please.

Have fun ...... any constructive suggestions and bug reports always accepted.

Next units should be 2 armed Subs.

Excellent! Some real blue water boats to use!

What is/are the issues with MP?

wow ! long months awaiting for this great day inlove.gif let's adore a little bit notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

trying asap thumbs-up.gif

first impressions :

first of all, i love them inlove.gif

second, the frigates are (both sides) very vulnerable to air attacks, at least as AI , in my trials , one single Mi17 (AI) can destroy easely a west frigate attacking from the rear side, and quite more difficultly attacking from the front side . a single A10 (AI) was able to destroy two east frigates no matter the orientation .

in general , the phalanks system are quite inaccurate and their engagement distance is short i think as well . despite of that , they work perfectly , like the missile systems inlove.gif

as i said before i love them , the design is great and work perfectly despite their little weakness , great work welcome.gif

cool stuff Gnat ! thumbs-up.gif

and i spotted some wheird thing, i don't know if krivak has it, but OHP has no U.S.N. flag...

also tryed to "simulate" helicopters landing on slowly moving OHP. Realy interesting, but as readme says, when you land on moveing ship's helipad you and your "aircraft" will be pushed from that helipad for a swim, because of OFP limits, but it's really interesting wink_o.gif

Now i just need to "ship away" with Kuznetsov's task force and test all possibilityes  smile_o.gifpistols.gif

...gone whailing...

EDIT

and so...

... I, Russian Federation Navy Air Squadron pilot, Gedis, stationed near Ukraine's border was deep in dreaming, when whole squadron was put on alert...

...damn, it was hard to end that dreaming and ran out of the bed to prepare for the flight, we, air wing comrades thought it was simple training alert, when our squadron's commander, Major Apokidze told us that we are going practice landing and take offs from our one and only, heavy aircraft carrying cruiser, Admiral Kuznetsov. We were very satisfied, because these real and very serious flights were not so often...

... 4 hours later our air wing was already on the Kuznetsov's deck. We shipped out from harbour alone, but just as we reached meeting point with other fleet's ships, we were not. Moskva, Kirov heavy missile carying cruisers and Krivaks joined to form training taskforce. Oh, it was fascinating to see those smaller ships going through huge waves. After completing 2000 nautical miles trip, Kuznetsov, requested a tanker, to fullfill it's fuel tanks. So whole taskforce was stopped and was waiting for tanker to come. But...

... suddenly, someone put on Kuznetsov's alarm signals. Sailors from surface scaning with radars alerted that two unknown ships were moving at the flank speed towards us.

So we did training procedures as allways, all Sukhois had to be removed from upper deck to the hangar...

... 30min later the first shootings begun. Strange, but it was not training. Ships were firing to each other. It was very similar to ww2 naval battles.

after 10min. fight, our heavy missile carrying cruisers frightened advancing ships and krivaks had to catch them.

...Few days later, navy revealed the truth(but i don't think whole thruth), that ships were with unknown markings, but they were OHP class. I'm thinking it could be U.S. or the Spanish ships, but who knows...

...It's great that it was only adventure, nobody was hurt...

Posted text is from the Naval pilot Gedis diery.

Damn long fictional story and not so good sad_o.gif

btw, very nice ships

P.S. Gnat, you really know what you are doing and maybe some from superb scripters, like UNN or others will make your ships to be MP compactible... at least it's my wish  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

P.S. Gnat, you really know what you are doing and maybe some from superb scripters, like UNN or others will make your ships to be MP compactible... at least it's my wish  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

LOL .... well I'm not UNN's calibre but I do know a thing or 2 about scripting ..... how do you think those ships are held together and can do all those extra things smile_o.gif

But I did speak to many people (including UNN) on how to best do MP with this "Multigun" addon, and did a heap of server testing, the end result was unacceptable for what MP players would expect quality wise.

So ..... best to drop it until maybe ArmA saves the day.

FYI, there are many threads on this board along where I've discussed this and others have discussed the same problems.

@william1

Yeh, I should have upped the value a bit more, but I didn't want to make them invincible cuz lets face it, 1 Harpoon can sink a Frigate this size.

Thanks for your comments guys smile_o.gif

Any possibility of an Arleigh Burke destroyer? Or is that not happening?

good ships! smile_o.gif this things will be a great stuff to add into arma with its muliturrets and all. smile_o.gif

Put the GNT_Frigates.pbo file into your operationflashpoint/addons folder wink_o.gif