Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s ACU SF´s

Quote[/b] ]I am releasing the update of my US Special Forces Addon it contains the old ACU Sf´s and the new "afghan Style" Units.

Great!, D/L'g now. I've been getting into Afgan style stuff lately. This will fit right in. smile_o.gif

I'm getting all kinds wgl.sqs errors and can't even use them, I'm using only the Joh_sf.pbo & Joh_sf_cfg.pbo, I don't have WGL so I didn't put that file in like the readme says confused_o.gif

I'm getting all kinds wgl.sqs errors and can't even use them, I'm using only the Joh_sf.pbo & Joh_sf_cfg.pbo, I don't have WGL so I didn't put that file in like the readme says confused_o.gif

"No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.Joh_m4_eot'" upon startup.

"Script \wglevents\wglinit.sqs not found" when trying to use the units in the editor.

Edit: Haven't unPBO'd them but it looks like both config files are identical - size and CRC are the same.

There is something wrong in the cfg files. Both call for wgl_tacevents. Also get modelspecial message when trying to use regular ACU units.

Time for ver. 1.5a or 1.6? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]well, after a crap load of editing...I got them to work in game   they look great

Could you post your config.cpp? Until Joh can update his pack smile_o.gif

Ok, looks like i messed up one of the configs with wgl stuff  confused_o.gif

anyway here is the fix for the non WGL5 Config :

edit: Link removed new Version available

please overwrite the old "Joh_sf_cfg.pbo" if you are using no WGL5.

The wgl prob is fixed, but the model error with the ACU units is still there.

crazy_o.gif I am such an idiot arh i could smash my head against a wall.

I forgot to replace the weapons, from my internal weaponpack, with the LSR ones

Sorry for the Problems   sad_o.gif

Full updated Version 1.51:

download: http://surfacezero.com/uploads/Jonny/Joh_sf_1.51.rar  (14mb)

edit: I´ve updated the full version too. So there shouldnt be any bugs left

This is really awesome work, the units look fantastic and are extremely detailed! Also, this sort of addon has been needed for a while, thanks for your work Johnny.

Hey man, awesome work! As was written before me, detailed, beautyfull units. Hope it's not your last work.

Great work general johnny, Can you make U.S units Desert

2003, rofl.gifyay.gif

Great work general johnny, Can you make U.S units Desert

2003, rofl.gif  yay.gif

No because there are already more then enough addons in a high quality wich are covering this scenario  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]really awesome, but that would be better with dust, and the shadows of the clothes.

i think there already shadows etc. on the textures  huh.gif

Or are you talking about the ACU textures?

tested, played,enjoyed. As they are a beta I only have one bit of feedback about units. The webbing. When running with Sanc anims the back of the unit tends to poke through the webbing. Ok maybe not even a problem and purely a cosmetic tweak. Apart from that they are great.

Do you think you'll do any more projects johnny, or just wait for ArmAs?

Thats probably my last Addon for OFP. I´ll try to update the Addon for Armed-Assault (adding bump and normal-maps).

tested, played,enjoyed. As they are a beta I only have one bit of feedback about units. The webbing.  When running with Sanc anims the back of the unit tends to poke through the webbing. Ok maybe not even a problem and purely a cosmetic tweak.  Apart from that they are great.

Yer thats one of the "cosmetic" errors wich i wasnt able to fixe without creating a new one.  confused_o.gif

tested, played,enjoyed. As they are a beta I only have one bit of feedback about units. The webbing.  When running with Sanc anims the back of the unit tends to poke through the webbing. Ok maybe not even a problem and purely a cosmetic tweak.  Apart from that they are great.

That happens on quite a lot of addons actually (though to varying degrees depending on the unit in question, and the version of the animation pack whether it be the "Unigen" or whatever). Its a minor issue as "hardcore" players don't use thirdperson and are too busy trying to stay alive to bother looking at the back of the guy infront.

Nice units, glad the cfg issues were sorted out. They look good with my weapons [/shameless_plug] rofl.gif

nice units! I had a little problem with a pop up saying init.sqs and wgl mod when i pressed preview in the mission editor. i wondered what could be wrong, then i checked readme and noticed that there where two configs, and i had to choose tounge2.gif

that should learned me about blindly installing ofp addons without checking readme biggrin_o.gif

Also noticed they came with lsr weapons 3.0 , i can't remember when it was released. I searched ofp.info and i couldn't find anything about it. Sweet stuff nonetheless.