Sign in to follow this  
gavinthecat

House Divided ALPHA mod release

Hello guys,

This is an alpha for the House Divided mod, there is no readme, and there is work still to be done for all parts of this mod.

However i would like feedback to be sent over the bugs present (and there will be a few) to my account here smile_o.gif

Alright you can download the mod here,

http://www.newagefilm.co.uk/HOUSEDIVIDED.rar

and you must also download this (and place into the mods Dta folder)

http://www.newagefilm.co.uk/Anim.rar

Then all you have to do is make a typical mod shortcut.

Many parts of this mod still need some work, however there is enough working here for you to have a decent scrap and get a good idea of what we're trying to do. We used to be part of the Cwmod ages ago (and i once lead) but we left a while ago to do this one. However time is being hard at me at the moment, so i thought, what the hell, lets just get this stuff out the now.

Don't worry we will get to Beta eventually haha.

Here are some screens smile_o.gif

wag.jpg

1855.jpg

OTHER DETAILS ///

There are over 80 units, and a half finished customised version of Bigus Dikus Bull Run map.

Oh great, lol if the mods see this there welcome to move this thread to the Complete Mods thread. Sorry for posting in wrong area lol

As usual with mods, all rights reserved HDV team 2006, no part of this may be distributed, edited or used in any form without the permission of the House Divided leader (Gavin). Also no part may ever be sold in any way. For further licensing information, please see the readme.

And we do have a readme, Gavin just always forgets everything.

[The Readme]

[OFPR.info mirror]

[ofp.4players.de mirror]

I checked it out briefly and I like what you did with my island.

The tree's are a nice change and so is the grass.

I did notice you also used my fences and bridge which was a bit of a dissapointment only because I thought that JDB had made another Stone Bridge and his model looked alot better than mine did.

congrats on the release.

stonewall ........formally known as Bigus_Dikus.

I did notice you also used my fences and bridge which was a bit of a dissapointment only because I thought that JDB had made another Stone Bridge and his model looked alot better than mine did.

congrats on the release.

Well, alot of that stuff never made it onto the island, due to them either not being complete or not being placed on the island (not that much time was spent on the island as it was based on your island, so that saved alot of time). If you want to I can send you the bridge so you can add it to the map yourself... confused_o.gif (I know nothing about editing an island)

Hey Stonewall Jackson ya when i get time matie, ill finish the conversion of that island, adding JDB's graphic and more stuff wink_o.gif

Great job! I also noticed that bayonet-fights are really working in your mod. And I noticed that when you play with Union Colonel you can't move anywhere, but this is alpha version so I'm sure it'll be fixed. Anyway great job! thumbs-up.gif

3 problems: smile_o.gif

gcs0029zu8.th.jpg

gcs0030ue5.th.jpg

there is a problem with a lod for this guy (henri fonda, i think)

gcs0032gz1.th.jpg

a problem with the civilian horse.

btw great job smile_o.gif

Lookin' good, can't wait to get my hands on 'em tomorrow! Though I like my own edited CWMOD pistol anims better, too bad Triglav hasn't responded to me yet so I can't release 'em.

Still, a great job fellers!

Very good !

I m probably stupid but why make 2 mod on the same thing?

I like some part of this an some of cw so how can i do? thumbs-up.gif

Now miss indians (with scalp script) and walker texas ranger tounge2.gif

Very nice looking stuff, even for an alpha release. Seems you have some good texture artists there.

Very good !

I m probably stupid but why make 2 mod on the same thing?

Please don't start that all over again, there was a whole lot of trouble about that before, and we agreed not to discuss it anymore on this forum. As Gavin has said on OFP.info, he left CW mod due to a conflict with a part of that mod's team. End of story.

Edit: The House Divided website has been updated, general bugfixes mostly, like changed nicks, changed the forumlink to point to this thread, added the correct downloadlinks + mirrors etc.

Its not "The same thing" exactly, there is much more non military western style units.

Yep, basically this mod has a much larger scope, or at least will do eventually. We're also trying to operate to higher standards of model and graphics etc.

I say this but im aware we're also not nearly there yet (as this alpha testifies wink_o.gif but by the first official release we will be smile_o.gif

Thanks for the replies guys! More feedback appreciated

beautiful i must say......those are some good looking units....talking bout the horse...this is possibly the best horse ever..love the model and the animations...the dying animations are fantastic..looks so realistic...i shot a guy and he was still alive...limping..i went in to take a closer look and man can u believe it he got up and attacked me with his bayonet....this is so good

biggrin_o.gif

hats off to u guys.......here is one thing ive observed....the "moveincargo" command doesnt work with the Horse wagon..wenever i try to do tht....i see a horse on top of the wagon...LOL

best of luck with the final version....looking forward to it...

some screenies

hd4.jpg

hd7.jpg

hd2.jpg

hd1.jpg

Cheers hidden_spectre, and always a pleasure to hear from u on the thread wink_o.gif

glad u like it! Its good to get the alpha out, it lets folk have a play with the wip before the beta comes out. Especially if developments slowing and folks are getting antsy.

We spent a lot of time on the units, some lods to fix tho, especially for the wagon i reckon and bits and bops but cheers smile_o.gif

PS those are some awesome pics btw wink_o.gif

congratulations !

that made a long time that I awaited this mod.

i'm very happy

youre horse is very nice

beautiful work, I am impatient to see the continuation.

maybe can you making an island with railroads and station and town of pioneer with saloon, jailhouse, bank, lot of desert with cactus,

my list of famous men

Tuco from the bad the ugly ...

sentenza from for "a few dollar more" lee van cleef

yul brynner in the magnificent seven

steve mc queen

and the of course... the duke: john wayne

some things that need to be fixed for the future versions:

-units with certain hats show the top as not being part of the head and place it in the middle of the body

-Reload anims need to be different for some weapons, e.g. The Winchester & Henry Rifles, the Mussel loading dosent look quite right

-The Union Officer can not move and part of his equiptment is untextured

Those are the main problems I noticed.

And as an Idea I was thinking that you could place the UWar grass around the Bull Run Island as it would make it look slightly less bare and more vegetated biggrin_o.gif

right,there could be dynamic animations,

Or I must reload double-barlelled shotgun like those rifles? smile_o.gif

to hidden_spectre:Thats gettysburg map?

BTW:sry for my bad english

to hidden_spectre:Thats gettysburg map?

yea the last two screenies were taken at Gettysburg...the desert one is AFGANEVERON biggrin_o.gif

After asking some questions: there can only be one reload animation for every soldiertype in OFP, so rifleman and gunner, which would mean we could do one animation for breechloading type weapons and one for muzzleloading type weapons.

congrats on the release.

Well, alot of that stuff never made it onto the island, due to them either not being complete or not being placed on the island (not that much time was spent on the island as it was based on your island, so that saved alot of time). If you want to I can send you the bridge so you can add it to the map yourself... confused_o.gif (I know nothing about editing an island)

Ya send the bridge over to me...................

Do you have a decent model of a train engine?

....I have an idea.

Stonewall