Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

Wildlife & Civilians

yea its all great havin tanks,but what about artillry.so wen u ambush a tank it would be more realistic.and it would make the game more intresting

Quote[/b] ]I mean really, I'd like to see a town of people, fighting breaking out and civilians running away only to get mowed down by a machine gunner! Radical!

You need some help.

At the meeting @ the Games Convention it was mentioned that there will be Seagulls, Hawks, Bees and Flies, while demonstrating a Vulcan AA a Hawk was shot down wink_o.gif .

Those animals will be set on the map by the Islands config. You will be able to control where and when those animals will appear.

i played some user missions having civilians roaming around, but it was bas civilians and they where sometimes hard to see difference from militias wich also was wearing civilian clothes tounge2.gif

so you could accidentally shoot a civie, once in online play in one of the afghan islands in a city we where running loose shooting rebels left and right between the buildings and ruins. Then sudenly a friend stands in the street and fires on a fleeing rebel and then my other friend comes running from another side and gets caught in the cross fire and gets killed rofl.gif he got vey annoyed on the friend who was trying to shoot off the rebel. But hey you got to watch out when in urban areas. crazy_o.gif

the main reason i guess people don't put civilians into the mission could be that they are worried that mission could get to cpu intensive or something tounge2.gif

I would like to see big game animals (Deer, Elk).

Maybe a horse to ride?

Listen out for the latest podcast (should be out within the next day or so). as wildlife is discussed in a bit more detail.

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]Animal life will consist of the (famed OFP) seagull, rabbits, flies and mosquitoes. I was told that when a dead body is lying around, flies will be attracted to it. The wildlife will also react to the enviroment around them, including soldiers and vehicles passing by.

... from ofp.info

... Can anyone confirm this rabbit thing then?  huh.gif

I believe Placebo or someone in a recent interview mentioned dogs as well.

... Can anyone confirm this rabbit thing then? huh.gif

<robin> What's it do? Nibble your bum? </robin>

wink_o.gif

I think there should be just deer, fox, rabbit, hawks, bees, & flies.

The statement at the Games Convention mentioned Seagulls, Hawks, Bees and Flies (I ve seen them). A rabbit is planned but not ingame yet. Dogs are not planned.

The statement at the Games Convention mentioned Seagulls, Hawks, Bees and Flies (I ve seen them). A rabbit is planned but not ingame yet. Dogs are not planned.

Thanks for that! Just give me some deer and a fox too and I'll be happy!  biggrin_o.gif

I think fireflies at night would be pretty cool too.

I believe Placebo or someone in a recent interview mentioned dogs as well.

yes they mentioned dogs.. but as i understood the dogs are like wild life and not war tool (unfortunatly) huh.gif

i read that if dogs are near a fire fight they will run scared.. but thats all (thats what i understood)

jpmod.jpg

Yeah your right Lee_H._Oswald! These things were OK in OFP but they had their limitations. With all the new features in ArmA a Jurassic Park line up of creatures could be awesome!  wow_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Indeed. Looks like the new wildlife AI will be usefull wow_o.gifinlove.gif

yes lets all hide behind a sheep for cover o wait look theres a bomb about to drop on that heard of catle cows are flying every where lol that would be kool xcept mean

With all the new animal AI, a hunting mod would be great fun pistols.gif