Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed Martin-ch

Sniping-Jacks Mapfact Nogova2

i didnt no there was a nogova file in the res/addons folder huh.gif

I guess i have to get my cd then....thanks guys, too bad Nogova 2 doesnt work for me sad_o.gif

Edit: yeah i guess i should of known that (below).

Oh guys! If one's unexperienced with OFP I think it would be a very, very good idea to read the readme included!!! confused_o.gif

NONE has ever said to REPLACE the FILES! Replacement does not mean that, it just says that in the editor one island will "vanish" (but not really) and the new island will take place there instead.

There's never, never any reason to put any addon into the res-addon folder or the original addons folder!!!

Always keep clean your original folders of OFP and you will be happy all the time. wink_o.gif

Sniping-jack, question: Will you port this one over to ArmA? THAT will hopefully help with the strains on the memory from addon-use... Plus I bet as it stands it'll put Sahrani to shame, besides of course the old Nogova brought over to ArmA. smile_o.gif

Beutifull work guys!

Flew the chopper around for about an hour and loved every bit of it.

Ran it with FFUR 2006 ok but "out of reserved memory" with my 3gig addons folder, pity coz we usualy play with about 4-5gig worth of addons.

However this beuty is compelling me to maybe restructure the Mod folders to include this.

Great work!

OK, been testing more and more... Still no viable solution.

I wish you guys goodluck with it, and hope it will get an ArmA conversion smile_o.gif

Thanks for your time and effort!

Love the island. I've already got the high resolution textures for Malden,Everon and Kolgujev and with this it is truly complete. I'm looking forward to converting my missions to Nogova2.

biggrin_o.gif

I have a question for anyone using this island with FFUR 2006 v2. Wich anims.pbo do you use. The one wich came with this island or the FFUR one. I'm not sure wich one to use in case it messes someting up. Thanx in advance.

@sickboy

I will try a few missions in the next few days and see how much memory its using. I'll keep you posted. wink_o.gif

@sickboy

I will try a few missions in the next few days and see how much memory its using. I'll keep you posted. wink_o.gif

Thanks, I'll follow the results etc...

sahari to shame, have you seen the pictures? yea RIGHT, it's awesome but not that awesome

Well I'd say that Noe2 should be at least on the same level... you have to take into account that Sahrani is being shown on ArmA engine, and we can only explore Noe2 on OFP engine... I wonder what Noe2 will look like in ArmA... wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have a question for anyone using this island with FFUR 2006 v2. Wich anims.pbo do you use. The one wich came with this island or the FFUR one. I'm not sure wich one to use in case it messes someting up. Thanx in advance.

Just load the FFUR modfolder after the @MAP_Noe2 folder and OFP will pick the latest loaded files, that means the FFUR anims.pbo.

I just loaded Noe2 and 7.2 gigs of addons just to test if I could make it do that, with nomap it worked fine, without, OFP wouldn't even attempt to start.

Even tough with minimal addons I'm getting ~15FPS on the island, altough it's lovely, it's a laggy bastard. smile_o.gif

On the second laggiest island I know, Newland, I get around 40FPS on average with my rig.

Shame to see such a beauty go to waste. sad_o.gif

I just loaded Noe2 and 7.2 gigs of addons just to test if I could make it do that, with nomap it worked fine, without, OFP wouldn't even attempt to start.

Even tough with minimal addons I'm getting ~15FPS on the island, altough it's lovely, it's a laggy bastard. smile_o.gif

On the second laggiest island I know, Newland, I get around 40FPS on average with my rig.

Shame to see such a beauty go to waste. sad_o.gif

Just check a bit up (few pages is possible!!wink_o.gif, Sniper Jack made a few hints and tips... and tricks for that matter.. I am sure you can get it running better!!

PS... how about trying to use some dac missions with many of those addons in use etc, and tell me some mem usages wink_o.gif That could help me out... anyway.. goodlucK!

I played CoIn2 by Tacrod on Noe2 with DMAarmyNAVAL loaded

the mission uses DAC but does not cause lag

new lighting is magnificent

thanks for the hint, I'll retry the bridge

I just installed the island, then got this when OFP tried to load and CTDed;

Quote[/b] ]CreateVertexBuffer (dynamic) failed 8007000e - out of memory?

I removed all trace of the island from my OFP folder and still it keeps coming up with this. Any ideas as to why? I know for a fact that I'm not out of memory...

Cheers,

I removed all trace of the island from my OFP folder and still it keeps coming up with this. Any ideas as to why? I know for a fact that I'm not out of memory...

Cheers,

Search the forum for -nomap. You'll probably get rid of the problem right away smile_o.gif

impresive and very deatiled island , great work . i have tried it and no problems , really beautifu l. but if you let me give my opinion the only thing in opposition is that there are too many bushes i think. they are really beautiful but you can't see the enemy with so many vegetation.

but i love the island , congrats and thanks for the hard work thumbs-up.gif

impresive and very deatiled island , great work . i have tried it and no problems , really beautifu l. but if you let me give my opinion the only thing in opposition is that there are too many bushes i think. they are really beautiful but you can't see the enemy with so many vegetation.

but i love the island , congrats and thanks for the hard work  thumbs-up.gif

welcome.gif  to a real-life-soldier-adventure! biggrin_o.gif  That's been one of my first intentions!

Take this challenge and you will find out that gameplay has been improved and got more exiting. smile_o.gif

Note that the AI can navigate trough the bigger bush groups as well as you can (pathes! ) and that the AI cannot see you if you are hidden into these bushes, too.

Same into the new forests: new and much more exactly viewLODs handout the chances between players and the AI to fifty/fifty.

But the smaller bushes sometimes contain viewLODs, sometimes not. So you should take care.  wink_o.gif

See the advantage: Now it's not longer necessary to construct complicate missions. Just setup one or a few targets for the player, put some DAC on the island and the dinner is done well.

Hint: If you play onto Nogova2 it's highly recommended to use ECP because of its random voices to the enemy. You cannot see the opponents but you can HEAR them now - thats very important now.

Personally I'm just right now playing Resistance@Nogova2 with ECP again and it's a totally new feeling.    smile_o.gif

Multiplayer...

I have a GL on the map named "ServerChk" but still get an error message on spawn and a lot of the effects like switches and hangar doors are out of sync for clients...

What am I messing up with?

Cheers,

Search the forum for -nomap. You'll probably get rid of the problem right away smile_o.gif

If you add -nomap and OFP still won't launch, reboot. That's all that worked for me.

Multiplayer...

I have a GL on the map named "ServerChk" but still get an error message on spawn and a lot of the effects like switches and hangar doors are out of sync for clients...

What am I messing up with?

For the first moment I would guess that the server is at its end of power.

Remove every unnecessary funktion of the Mapfact-Init-Logic to reduce the loadout.

In near future we will do some own further tests in MP and we will see what happens - please be patient a bit.

GUys I have a grave problem... i really wanna play the map but eveyr time i try to load..it loads half way and crashes my OFP to desktop with message "out of reserved memory, code change required" what should i do!! I tried delteing some addons i dont use from RES/ADDONS folder but it didnt help.

Im running a 1GB or RAM system

please help me out crazy_o.gif