Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed Martin-ch

Sniping-Jacks Mapfact Nogova2

Nice looking island!!! But I can't play with it... switch to desctop with this message:

Out of reserved memory (7 KB).

Code change required (current limit 524288 KG).

Total free 132 KB

Free blocks 30, Max free size 6 KB

Any ideas?

My experience with this error is the following:

- You have way too many addons in use while testing the mission, OFP's engine limitation, limits a maximum of 512MB of memory that it can use... anything coming near that barrier or going over... will crash the game with the same error

- You have a corrupt addon in use which loops memory and thus eats up memory exponentially untill you crash out with this message

- Could also be a problem with a faulty script that eats the memory .. .going above the 512MB barrier, and crashing out...

A small addition: Servers seem to clear their memory before loading other addons when switching to the next mission... Clients seem to just keep loading addons on top of eachother, which at some point can result in coming near that 512MB border, while not using so much addons in the current mission..

Terrain detail can help a lot in eating memory.. got it on low?

I am unsure if OFP can assign paging memory to use instead of internal memory, either way, 512MB in which combination...doesnt matter, is the limit of the engine... Still, you only have 512MB ram, and at least 160mb is already in use by windows and other stuff I guess... So either you have less memory available than OFP supports... and you just simply run out of memory. Or your paging file is maybe set too small, if ofp supports page file memory smile_o.gif

Holy Roflwaffles!

This island is amazing! wow_o.gif

I'd give you money, but I'm kinda broke right now tounge2.gif

I'd give you money, but I'm kinda broke right now tounge2.gif

lol good statement, but the money thing is kinda...expensive biggrin_o.gif

Instead i´ve dedicated a bunch of time into making this, my very personal thank you to sniping jack and all involved wink_o.gif

pcnoe1.jpg

pcnoe2.jpg

pcnoe3.jpg

I'll answer some question

You have to play with ground details "Normal", otherwise you will have some bugs, like the one with the brigde to Krasnovjie. It is not a bug, it is just following the instructions wink_o.gif

You can't play this island with 5000m view distance! If you notice lags, turn down your view distance. I have a 2 years old computer and can run the island smoothly with 1500m view distance - lower systems were tested and were able to play with ~1000m without lags.

Destructable Grass is noted.

I'll answer some question

You have to play with ground details "Normal", otherwise you will have some bugs, like the one with the brigde to Krasnovjie. It is not a bug, it is just following the instructions wink_o.gif

Now this is gonna sound stupid, but just to check... Are you talking about "Minimal Setting" or really "normal, not higher, not lower"...

So if I am always playing on high... do I get problems? or it's really "normal, not higher, not lower"

Tried it with these:

3000 m viewdistance

no shadows

ground details normal

It doesn't work! Switch to desctop. Deleting this island! confused_o.gif

@ sickboy

Well, you will notice some irregularity on the brigde with other (higher or lower) ground details than "normal". If you can live with that, don't hesitate do play with other settings.

@ Panzergrenadier3

If you don't want to turn down the view distance, we can't help you anymore... For screens I can set 5000m without crashing OFP, of course the FPS will be very low and you couldn't play the game, but I can't do this even with the original islands.

Wonderful Island, but too heavy for my computer. sad_o.gif When I get a new PC I might come back to it.

ive got an ok fps running at

1300 View Distance [Normal] Everything else high.

1.7ghz AMD

2.0Gbs Ram

128 Geforce 4 [i had to downgrade my other one broke]

edit: i also played the campaign on these settings and no lag smile_o.gif

tomorrow i get my.

New Motherboard

3.0ghz AMD Pro..

256 GeForce 7600 GT

I wonder how well it will work then  smile_o.gif i will tell

Tried it with a viewdistance below 1500!!! Same procedure:

Starting OFP

going to editor

choose the island

island loads

switch to desktop

Out of reserved memory....

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Tried it with a viewdistance under 1500!!! Same procedure:

Starting OFP

going to editor

choose the island

island loads

switch to desktop

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Maybe you have too many addons in your ofp/addons or ofp/res/addons folders..

Do you use mod folders? have you tried with just mapfact addons?

edit: are you using the lastest nivida drivers? they are know to course some ofp problems..

tested on:

PC 1:

Xp2000+

756 MB RAM

GF 4 Ti 4200 64MB

PC 2:

XP2400+

756 MB RAM

GF3 Ti 200 64 MB

PC 3:

XP3200+

1024 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB

without probs

settings:

view ~900

ground normal

THIS ISLAND IS SO NICE!

I must say the vegetation is some of the most realistic I've seen in an ofp island, just by the way it is set up. The way there are trees with clusters of laurels in between; it looks like actual vegetation in the patterns it grows in the real world, not just random trees placed by an editor.

Everyone with problems can take a look at the flashpoint.cfg

Search for: Total_Memory=

If you have 1024MB, try set it to 768MB.

If you have 512MB, try set it to 384MB.

If you have 256MB, take the phone and call your hardware dealer and order more RAM!!!

MfG Lee tounge2.gif

Thank you all again for your praise! :-)

Bridges, crashes and other unloved stuff:

Bridges: As already posted there's only one setting (normal) where the bridge matches perfectly.

In MP, where the setting will switch automatically to low you will notice some little steps but it doesn't harm the playability.

This effect depends to the OFP system and there's no way to fix that.

Crashes:

- Please do deactivate all other stuff for the moment and make sure that you have not any unofficial stuff into your original addon folders like "Addons" (CWC) and/or "Res/Addons".

- Be sure that "-nomap" is used.  

- start with lower settings into preferences and the options to make sure that the loadout isn't too high.

- reduce the view distance to its lowest end until it works. After that you can increase it step by step.

- start without the LOGIC to avoit unnecessary loadout - if the island will run properly you can activate the logic again.

If there is too many load again you are able to deactivate several parts of the functions seperately - read the readme how that works.

I can tell you that the island WILL work on any PC which is able to compute the original nogova. There's absolutely no reason to give in and delete the island. We have tested it on really old machines and it does work in deed! smile_o.gif

If you have 256MB, take the phone and call your hardware dealer and order more RAM!!!

Bite me! mad_o.gif

wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Oh, yeah, and:

sad_o.gif

Amd 64 3500+

ati x600

1go ram

and 4 mod folders (ecp etc) loaded with nogova2 and that works fine, and my ofp settings are:

- view 1500

- maximum for the others

huh.gif

Dear Makers..

I have spotted the same problem others are having... with memory..

The thing is... I tested this, without the logic, and without any other addons.., normal texture res, 1000m viewdistance.. and these are my findings:

Memory usage:

Startup MP Host, Load Nogova(2) in editor, After mission startup with 1 default BIS west soldier

Without Nogova2 Addons Modfolder Loaded (22 BIS addons in addons\ folder and 26 BIS addons in res\addons folder):

41mb, 123mb, 140mb

With Nogova2 Addons Modfolder Loaded:

43mb, 356mb, 453mb

I can understand now why everyone is having these so called out of memory errors... 453mb of mainly only the island in use.. will never allow any addon to be used on the island... as it seems. (Since the hardcoded limit of OFP is 512MB no matter how much RAM you have, at least, those are my findings)

This would mean, funny enough... beautiful island, or beautiful other things smile_o.gif

I am uncertain if this is by design... or is a bug, causing a memory loop or other sorts of problems.

I have noticed that, 2 times, in 1 split second the memory jumps with steps of 100mb!! up, like from 110 to 210mb and later from 350 to 453mb ... just in a matter of a second, which looks weird, cause that would mean a very fast load?? but anyway.. I hope I am on to something, and it could help you guys in fixing or in any other way.

I wrote this with the intent to help, not for bad critisism or whatsoever... I love the island and you guys for making it smile_o.gif

ps.. my pc specs:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+

3GB DDR466 Memory

ATI X800 XT 256MB

Fast Drives

Latest Drivers

My Standard Play Settings are 1600x1200, but I tested it on 1024x768...

If there is anything else you need to know.. just ask.

ps2.. i redownloaded the map_misc and map_oiladdon, just to make sure there were no file corruptions or other crappy things... but the files matched, and I even have overwritten them to make sure... and tested again, but no change.

I'm running it with 512MB of ram, and a 256 MB Radeon 9600 PRO graphics card, with view distance 1000, ground textures medium, and most settings highish. Works fine for me, but I havn't tried it with a large amount of units yet. smile_o.gif

I've checked in the readme, but it says nothing about which line of code is needed to open the gates. In particular, the ones I'm looking for are the ones either end of the bridge that leads from the northern island to the mainland. With the gates in place, the bridge is rendered slightly useless, yet the AI drives across them perfectly when I open the gates manually.

Thanks for any help.

YES!!! Thank you all for your help!!! The island work fine with no other addons than mapfact stuff and a viewdinstance below 1500.

It is a very awesome island!

But it's a bad taste that you're not able to use some addons. If you use some basic addons (CBT+HYK+...) you can't play with this island.

Any chance to get a object list with the objects that come with this island (hopefully with pictures)?

Great work you've done on this island!!! notworthy.gif

You might try to assign more memory to OFP.

I had crashes until I lifted up the reserved memory from 512 MB to 1024 MB (I have 1536 MB RAM) ... up until now, OFP didn't CTD anymore in any occasion.

You might try to assign more memory to OFP.

I had crashes until I lifted up the reserved memory from 512 MB to 1024 MB (I have 1536 MB RAM) ... up until now, OFP didn't CTD anymore in any occasion.

Assigned 1008mb through OFP Preferences..

I'll do some more, but the memory usage anyway, was only around the 512MB barrier I was talking about earlier in this thread.

Gonna try it anyway smile_o.gif

Flashpoint.cfg setting: Total_Memory="1712";

Updated: Didn't help at all.. errored out at: 547xxkb, somewhat above the 512mb barrier.. This was with extra addons.. The other tests, result in the same results as my big post above smile_o.gif