FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

well war is hard

ww1 was hard

ww2 was hard

korea was hard

vietnam was hard

the falklands was hard

in general war is hard pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

im sure ppl who were in the army can say they were trained 2 take ppl down from range

o and theeraserhead spot on keep the values

the save the values movement begins!!!!!!!!

Sorry but shooting somebody at 500m with 1 shot 1 kill is almost unrealistic without a sniper. The average of people here want to reduce the Ai so am i. Still up for Tb to decide.

but thats the odd thing ive barly bn taken down

from 500+ even wen i have a massive battle on and i mean massive i guess i use cover properly and only shoot wen told 2

but thats the odd thing ive barly bn taken down

from 500+ even wen i have a massive battle on and i mean massive i guess i use cover properly and only shoot wen told 2

Maybe it is because you're in a massive battle that nobody is shooting at you (at the moment)?

I've found that the only way I can survive is to mask myself behind terrain, pop up, acquire and shoot, then hide again. I have to disappear before the AI can see me (which isn't that hard).

However, once they do start shooting at me, I can't even blink before someone puts a bullet between my eyes. I'll try messing with the editable config to see what I can do.

You could include two configs. One with old FOV values and one with new FOV values.

Just a thought ;P

yes that would be an good ideal, make 2 configs then all and all people would be happy, the FOV in this mod is set to far away in 3rd person way to far and if TB sets it back and make to links for the FOV that would be lovely wink_o.gif

You could include two configs. One with old FOV values and one with new FOV values.

Just a thought ;P

yes two configs would be great would make both sides happy, in this mod the FOV in 3rd person is just way to far so if TB can make to dl links for the Config would be vary lovely. wink_o.gif ahhh Sorry for the 2nd post first post dident come up sorry crazy_o.gif

Hi, very thanks TB and FFUR team, very good mod... notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

But I to my mind, armor M2A2, M6, BMP3 and Tunguska is not reality. All tank must 2 fire a shot, that this armors destroi... confused_o.gif

This is not reality, because M1A1 and T-80U as well destroi from a 2 fire a shot.

Sequent inaccuracy: T-90s and T-80u reload time is ~12s!!! M1A2 this time is 5-7s!!! huh.gif This is not reality, because Russian armors have reload automat, and reload time is 6-8s, and his time equal M1A2 reload time...

(sory for my english) banghead.gifwhistle.gif

When i reinstalled ofp and then FFUR 2.0 im getting config errors?

one when game first loads and then

lowered the quality

errer1.jpg

More specifically Mikero's editor 103 causes that error try a different one.

o i love the combat roll that roll has saved me on dozen of occasion gj ffur

Amazing work guys, even tho I need to get my 1GB Ram (Still on 256) Ive got to say it still runs fairly smoothly in the fights. Great job thumbs-up.gif

On the one-shot 500m issue-I notice this usually happens on a big battle with lots of guys. You can't keep track of all the guys, and so one usually gets on your flank. Usually, he is actually shooting at you for quite a bit, you just don't notice...then a round hits you and you go "WTF??? ONE SHOT1?!?!" When it really wasn't one shot.

Also, I have hit AI in one shot from 500m away. As unrealistic as it is, if the human player can do it, the AI should be able to do it. I have noticed OFP's weapon handling has a tendency to make weapons a bit too-laser accurate even if they are on realisticly-configed values. I have killed guys with a pistol from insane distances. huh.gif

I always liked the AI in FFUR because it was much more like I played; taking careful, well-aimed shots rather than a spray of lead in a general direction.

Wonderfull looking update yay.gif

Now one thing. Is this lagging the crap out of anyones comp?

I have a really good graphics card, pentium 4 xeon @ 3.08 ghz, and 512 ram (which could be better), but ya its very laggy. Might it be better if i reinstall ofp without 1,000 addons? Just wondering, want to play this thing but hate lag.

Not much lag here.

TB can you tell us please what is the line to edit so the Ai is less accurate when shooting? thx

I have found the 3 addons causing the texture aspect ratio error.

There's a RessBmp that causes the 16x256

The other two are west side troops. One is the BlackOp and the other is the Miner. These two are the cause for the 512x32 error.

Exclude them from you missions and you can run this mod on dedicated server.

I sure hope TB can get a fix for these units in the next patch because the BlackOps for the West side sure do look VERY nice. I was almost dissapointed when I spawned one in game and the server crashed lol. However I am glad that I have found the units causing the bad aspect ratios.

Wonderfull looking update   yay.gif

Now one thing.  Is this lagging the crap out of anyones comp?

I have a really good graphics card, pentium 4 xeon @ 3.08 ghz, and 512 ram (which could be better), but ya its very laggy.  Might it be better if i reinstall ofp without 1,000 addons?  Just wondering, want to play this thing but hate lag.

Yeah! I'm getting more lag than before too! I have a 3.2Gz p4 with 1GB ram and Nvidia 6800. I haven’t had a chance to mess with the settings yet though and OFP always was a bugger with lag when there are too many units. I'm hoping that ArmA will solve all these poor optimisation issues when it is done! Otherwise a great mod TB and I'm all for your patch proposals!  wink_o.gif

Great Mod! yay.gif

It would be nice, however, to add in the readme the name of unit requested for the function createUnit.

By the way:

A little Bug:

The a-10 don't have the option Raise gear

On the one-shot 500m issue-I notice this usually happens on a big battle with lots of guys. You can't keep track of all the guys, and so one usually gets on your flank. Usually, he is actually shooting at you for quite a bit, you just don't notice...then a round hits you and you go "WTF??? ONE SHOT1?!?!" When it really wasn't one shot.

Also, I have hit AI in one shot from 500m away. As unrealistic as it is, if the human player can do it, the AI should be able to do it. I have noticed OFP's weapon handling has a tendency to make weapons a bit too-laser accurate even if they are on realisticly-configed values. I have killed guys with a pistol from insane distances. huh.gif

I always liked the AI in FFUR because it was much more like I played; taking careful, well-aimed shots rather than a spray of lead in a general direction.

Dude, there's a "death" cam in OFP that shows you who killed you. We'll *know* when someone shot us from the flank.

But that's not the issue here. I know it's a one-shot kill because I'm shooting at the guy (and obviously I miss), get his attention, and through my scope, I see him turn to me, raise his rifle and BAM! Head-shot! And this could be me with a sniper rifle 400+ m away my target has an AK or M4.

BTW, most players cannot hit a man-sized target 500 m away in one shot with an assault rifle. I certainly cannot. Maybe you could, but then you're a freak of nature tounge2.gif

Dude, there's a "death" cam in OFP that shows you who killed you. We'll *know* when someone shot us from the flank.

But that's not the issue here. I know it's a one-shot kill because I'm shooting at the guy (and obviously I miss), get his attention, and through my scope, I see him turn to me, raise his rifle and BAM! Head-shot! And this could be me with a sniper rifle 400+ m away my target has an AK or M4.

BTW, most players cannot hit a man-sized target 500 m away in one shot with an assault rifle. I certainly cannot. Maybe you could, but then you're a freak of nature tounge2.gif

Agree with you 100% ! that happend to me many times !

Ialso play OFP for 5 years, and sometimes even the target is 70 meters away, I shoot it but I don't hit [but this was in 2006 V1, maybe it is fixed now]. probably a bug or something . .

either u guys have poor aiming but i can tk ppl down from ranges of around 500+ wth 1 shot it jst takes practise and carful positioning only take the shot if u can take him if not find a better position and take the shot its not hard use the combat roll its exstremly useful

It would be nice, however, to add in the readme the name of unit requested for the function createUnit.

Put unit into editor, save it, get to the mission folder, open mission.sqm and find the name of the unit.