Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

Somebody needs to really take these things off my hands. I've done ANOTHER bloody update to these infantry, and hopefully this time they will be final, good and proper. Quite a few tweaks and changes are in this one, so I'd say you should download this one even more than the last patch, as the fixes are quite major.

As per usual, all credits can be found in the included text file, and I strongly encourage everyone to read it before they use the addon. If I've missed you out, please PM me and I'll immediately put you in there.

Enjoy the new webbing, bigger, buffer, dirtier models, and the never-seen-before HELMET SHADOW ala FacePlant! Whack whatever Llauma face you want on your unit - the shadow will not go away! How did I do it? Who knows? Nah, thanks to ag_smith on that one.

Pics of the new lads:

Promo1.jpg

Promo2.jpg

Promo3.jpg

Promo4.jpg

Additionally, for those who would like to try a mission using these units, Kaan_ has redone the BIS mission Ambush into FP Infantry. I recommend you try it with DMA's Army replacement pack and BRG Nature Pack 4, it whoops ass.

Grab it here:

Ambush (FacePlant Demo)

US Infantry v1.3

US Infantry v1.3

You will need:

Laser's USWP

SJB's WP

Combat Javelin

FacesTex2

Happy editing,

The FacePlant Team.   yay.gif

Hell yeah!

I've been excited for these for a while. Downloading now, but I won't have a chance to play them until tomorrow evening. banghead.gif

Awesome work! Had seen the screenshots posted in the photography thread and had hoped they would be intended for release. Hopefully all permissions get secured so this project can eventually be released! smile_o.gif

First post in the BIS forums in a while... You know how much I've been looking foward to this Cameron biggrin_o.gif

Downloading this, and all the required addons now.

Definately can't wait for the civ pack, I though you said you weren't doing them biggrin_o.gif

The civvies will hopefully be the first module released, since I don't have to worry about their super-duper-standardised weapons! smile_o.gif

Have a question, after reading the readme and using these units for a little while I remembered it said the pack will eventually use the latest facetex2 - pack with 180 different faces? I assume this will be implented when/if all 3 modules are released? This as I realized the teaser did not require facetex2 file. Again, great work by the way! yay.gif

There will likely be a modified version of FacesTex2 for FP, with unnecessary faces + scripts deleted, and FP's own scripts included, but that is a small way off yet.

And you'll find the addon does need FacesTex2 => you must have had it already! I'll add it to the required addons list (can't believe I forgot it).

The reason I have not used any of the new scripts in this addon is because noone has made any extra "plain" US faces, and thus I'm stuck with either putting camo paint on them, which looks retarded, or using Russian faces, which also looks retarded (though to a lesser extent). So, rather than having funny looking units, I chose to use the base 14 faces Llauma included with his original pack. This of course, doesn't apply to the ghillie sniper/spotters, which use woodland camo faces.

About the woodland ghillie snipers... they seem to have desert boots....

Oh ok, didn't realize I already had them in wink_o.gif. At any rate these units are kickass! Also just found something (I know this pack is mentioned as a teaser so not requesting it to be patched, rather bringing it to attention), when you pick up a pistol (so far either SJBs) the model does not show from a 3rd person pov, though it does in the 1st. Having too much fun with these new units, these and Sgt. Evs' ACU Rangers virtually have the same shade, great work!

Standard US army issue, I'm afraid.  whistle.gif The US Army has seen the light (already seen by the Australian Army, I might add  biggrin_o.gif  ) and removed black boots from combat units. Means no more polishing, lower maintenance, and all-round camouflage.

@Marine26th - which unit were you using? I must have deleted a proxy. Please advise, and I'll patch it up, since that's a pretty major error on my part. sad_o.gif

did any of my pictures come in handy afterall? remember, there are no holes on the patrol cap! also, the ACU camelbacks straps arent black, they are ACU greyish, and we don't wear belts over our ACUs in garrison! Also, change the patch so they are light infantry, 1st ID is mechanized. Also, give them the same unit patch and combat patch! you also missed a pocket on those ACU trousers, theres snother on the side right above the boot, but other than that they look great

Hey man, nice to hear from you. Your pics were a great help, though because I'm such a shoddy modeller I was forced to use a modified RAID pack for the medic.

Pick out any other flaws you can find, and throw them my way via PM for the FP2 version.

@Marine26th - found the problem, will be updating shortly. biggrin_o.gif

Hey Cameron, when are the russian soldiers are going to be released ?

Ahhhh Camamamameron my ol' mucker, nice work eh, I'm touched, almost got a tear in my eye, like my son has finally moved into the real world... *sniff* biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

this US soldier addon will also come in woodland camo too right? I hate the ACU camo for OFP. So I wont be using until they come in woodland pattern.

I'm afraid, that people spend lot of time to make very good projects for the Ofp-com. notworthy.gif

Thanks a lot....looks great!

If anyone need a mirror, OFP.4players have it for you;

Mirror: FP_US_Infantry_Teaser_v1.01 / 16.3MB ZIP

Mirrors for needed addons:

facestex2_9june2006

CBT_MISC_v1.2

LSR_US_Weapons_Pack_300

SJB_WeaponPack_v1.1

JAM 3 Fixed

Best regards

Imutep smile_o.gif

I'm proud to be a part of FP project. And it's good people like it a lot, considering to their posts. It means Cameron's and my work was not odd.  biggrin_o.gif

Looks very nice.

Must have taken a lot of time to implement the head everywhere icon14.gif

this US soldier addon will also come in woodland camo too right? I hate the ACU camo for OFP. So I wont be using until they come in woodland pattern.

i'm sure he's really not too concerned about your not using it, afterall, he made it ACU because thats how it is in REAL life, not in your flashpoint

Dont most US units still use Woodland? Besides should make only make 80's Woodland camo US soldiers.