Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Operation FacePlant US Infantry v1.00

In FP, the modelling is already finished...

...the OPFOR pack I have done is based on WillieC's Euro Res, and all I need is his permission (which I haven't bothered to get yet).

I've basically done all the modelling, all I need to do is

- stick all the weapons and vehicles used by the mod into PBOs (which will take yonks), and FP-style the PBOs used by all the units.

- get permission from their respective owners.

The models are all finished now. I will create an A+M:D thread for FacePlant soon enough, once this one buzzes off. biggrin_o.gif

what about If I replace classic OFP units by your units?

Iv seen that llaumas new heads arent compabile with old wave-Lip,so the head cant talk confused_o.gif

That happens only to me in OFP

BTW?sry for my bad english

You should be right to do that, mate. wink_o.gif

And whatcha mean the Llauma headed units don't talk? I've seen them walk and talk fine, if you know what I mean... like the ECP DSAI works fine, the units open their mouths and all (revealing their nice teeth!wink_o.gif.

I'm still working on these bloody things, sadly. After seeing those awesome CodeBlue ACU units, I've borrowed a few of their ideas (beefier soldiers, helmet shadows, etc) and have started work on ANOTHER patch. <sigh> Though please note I am not changing my camo scheme, as I believe it's a bit more realistic colour-wise than theirs, though theirs are definitely more OFP-friendly. smile_o.gif And I'd hate to steal their thunder, when they're doing so well with such a little poly count - how I envy them.

I was wondering if there were any other suggestions people might have to improve this addon, before I finally put these things away and put my full attention on the rest of my mod. tounge2.gif

dirty the legs, bottoms of the arms, and the helmet cover!  you dont have to change your texture scheme, just dirty themm a tad bit. also, try sticking with EITHER SJB weapons, or lasers, you can use lasers at4 by itself if you download the ACU ranger thing someone made. It's a bit ridiculous to have nearly 100MB of addons for one LAW, in my humble opinion.

dirty the legs, bottoms of the arms, and the helmet cover! you dont have to change your texture scheme, just dirty themm a tad bit. also, try sticking with EITHER SJB weapons, or lasers, you can use lasers at4 by itself if you download the ACU ranger thing someone made. It's a bit ridiculous to have nearly 100MB of addons for one LAW, in my humble opinion.

Agreed. Doesn't JAM3 have its own AT4?

Edit: Yep, there's an AT4 in JAM3. Also, if you choose to go with SJB's pack you may want to hold off on your update until he's finished with V2. Doesn't seem that far off.

It shouldnt really matter if he holds off or not, SJB wont change the class names for an m4 aimpoint, etc, just from a model or texture update, or so i think

Hey Cameron,

Yeah those CodeBlue ACUs are awesome, but yours are too. They are both good in their own ways. It is like comparing a HUMVEE to a Landrover Defender. You just can't. Don't bust your head over it to much as you are doing a great job with detail. Now as far as improvements go...I will leave that up to the rest of the community. I can't think of any right now.

It shouldnt really matter if he holds off or not, SJB wont change the class names for an m4 aimpoint, etc, just from a model or texture update, or so i think

Thats correct, the classnames for the weapons used in the FP Units, wont be changing, so don't hold off on releasing on my account.

olemissrebel correct CMcD.

If you dirty up the units it will make them more realistic.

I'm a huge fan of jackals work, but I think you should go with laser's weapons, SJB weapon pack is missing AT Weapons. Lasers has some. I'd prefer SJB weapons (Better Detail), but laser's is more D/L friendly because it's one pack with all the weapons needed.

Check - sounds like a plan, lads. thumbs-up.gif I'm about to whack a large number of pictures up in the CBT Photography thread (note that I haven't dirtied the textures yet), but here are some features that will show up in the last (hopefully) patch.

- Working helmet shadows (and not via putting shadows on face textures...)

- Added additional combat webbing to machine gunner, medic, squad leader and RTO (also removed straps from these guys too) - olemissrebel, I may have to check with you on this one.

- Changed pouch layout on rifleman models (thanks to Helping_Hand and his mercs).

- Will dirty the textures good.

- ECP-compatible version.

- Reduced the polycount by about 500 in 2nd + 3rd LODs - will attempt to do more. crazy_o.gif

- Added more folds to IBA textures (look less plastic and smooth now).

Does anyone have any good dirt textures to use? I could really use them, if available. smile_o.gif

And secondly, are US Infantry (regulars) using the ANVS13 yet? You know, the monocular version used in LSR's Seals? If so - I can cut the poly count down by about 1300 (Bambi's NVGs aren't the lightest model ever).

That sounds great CMcD. Love what your doing with the troops. 1 question - How are you getting the shadows on the faces without editing the faces themselves.

It's not too hard when you think about it, any addon maker could do it. That said I won't give it away. I've put those pics up now.

And I've also beefed the troops up too, they are now thicker and bulkier.

USMI50.jpg

USMI51.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

Does anyone have any good dirt textures to use? I could really use them, if available. smile_o.gif

Theres a superb tutorial for these on marfyart, but since ofp.info is having another siesta .. gotta wait a while smile_o.gif

Great work Cameron, I won't say they look "better" than your previous ones because I like those too. But those pictured look very well done, they do indeed look like they've got more mass to them. From the second soldier on the right I take it that's a SDS I-Rack or just plain SDS Rack you have on him? Especially loving the different faces in the first picture, keep it up! biggrin_o.gif

Haha - a page back I asked if the US Infantry had upgraded to the AVNS13 NVGs (monoculars). Turns out they have (ta olemissrebel), so now I can cross off about 1000 polys from the 1st LOD! Woot!

EDIT - And 2nd and 3rd LODs too! Noice!

any news? whistle.gif

yeah check the last 2 pages and the pics above for all the news you'll need.