Sign in to follow this  
Kos'aaK

Any other (ex) Battlefield 2 players?

when Arma is released I plan to create a mission similar to Strike at  Karkand, including ticket system

Very good idea!

Everyone wants to make missions as realistic as possible, but what about some fun rounds with "simple" concept?

A game, realistic like OFP or Arma(when released) also can handle some more fun(unrealistic if you want so) missions.

We have luck, we can have both types of missions.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

please could somebody make a mission that copies the bf2 way of spawns and tickets

then all the bf2 players can see how much better ofp/armed assualt is and join armed assualt wehn it comes out.

this would ease in the bf2 players to the ofp world

also dma random war missions are quick furious firefights i have found

all bf2 players...not really what we need..then they'll think AA is just like bf2 with the tickets and respawning vehicles,that they would be upset with how thats not how it works mostly.

I must say that the BF2 way of "spawns" and "tickets" really isn't that great. It's just that it is the only gametype the game has and it was a welcome change from deathmatch and CTF. It's popular because it is what it is. I think that once you become exposed to all of the types that AA has to offer, you'll forget about tickets.

That's just my opinion biggrin_o.gif

--Ben

I wouldent say ofp is slow at all depends what maps your playing if you play a lot of cqb and dms like me then its not slow at all....

i agree with that ANTH you can have a very fast game

in dm tequilla ect and most ctfs. a few people with decent

connection speeds FAST in those close combat multiplayer games

"the bf2 way of spawns and ticketsplease could somebody make a mission that copies that"

Please God,No!

I have spent countless hours trying to get BF2 Modders to change that horrible beast of a spawn system. As I can only play Bf2 in Singleplayer, there is little to no control of your 'unit', and when you try to 'tactically' take control of a command point solo, it's suicide because all those enemies you just killed are re-spawing on top of your head!

i miss you OFP(lost my copy years ago-don't sell it in third world)

all bf2 players...not really what we need..then they'll think AA is just like bf2 with the tickets and respawning vehicles,that they would be upset with how thats not how it works mostly.

I want to intice the bf2 players in so they can be cannon fodder for experianced ofp players. And i think the ticket system in bf2 would be good to keep up a human wave of cannon fodder for old ofp players thats is why i think somebody should make a mod similar to bf2s ticket system.

Other people say the maps are too big but why not have infantry spawns in towns then further out tank and aircraft spawns basically the way bf2 does it but on a much bigger scale. Those that are impatient and want a quick and dirty fight can chose to spawn close to the action those who want to tank can start further back etc i think this would make a balanced familiar system for all the new bf2 players that could come in when the game is released. Then once they realise how much better armed assualt gameplay is there will be loads of new players the more the better as far as i concerned.. yes

now what i would really like is a level of complexity as in falcon 4 i would love it if aircrew had to actually know the correct sequnce to start there engines and use the wepon systems that would elimante newbies using aircraft tanks etc.

ahh well perhaps one day.

couldn tsomebody mod in cockpits with complete working switches and avionics go on please...

"the bf2 way of spawns and ticketsplease could somebody make a mission that copies that"

Please God,No!

why not ? if you play single player it won't affect you...I personally think that BF2 ticket system is really good, and closer to realism...usually, you don't have unlimited number of man power

I want to intice the bf2 players in so they can be cannon fodder for experianced ofp players. And i think the ticket system in bf2 would be good to keep up a human wave of cannon fodder for old ofp players thats is why i think somebody should make a mod similar to bf2s ticket system.

A little arrogant and elitist don't you think? Personally I welcome anyone who wants to give ArmA a try and I would encourage everyone to at least try to be a little open armed, we're all gamers, we all started from somewhere, we're all combined to form a community.

Anyone who chooses to play ArmA qualifies in my book as a damned good sort! smile_o.gif

Nevertheless i think lots of players will play Arma as i think so many people still know what Flashpoint meant for the next-gen first person shooters back in 2001.

Please God,No!

why not ? if you play single player it won't affect you...I personally think that BF2 ticket system is really good, and closer to realism...usually, you don't have unlimited number of man power

It's not the tickets that really bother me- its the magical spawning.

I haven't played OFP in years but I can still remember(fondly), the oh S##T! moments when I spotted re-enforcements coming in from the East- thus allowing me time to set up a proper defense. To me, that was the beauty of the game,.

And as far as I remember, re-enforcements weren't infinite, thus negating the need for tickets. Its about clear objectives rather than tickets.

A little arrogant and elitist don't you think? Personally I welcome anyone who wants to give ArmA a try and I would encourage everyone to at least try to be a little open armed, we're all gamers, we all started from somewhere, we're all combined to form a community.

Anyone who chooses to play ArmA qualifies in my book as a damned good sort! smile_o.gif

I will be more than welcoming to any new bf2 players and I'm sorry i dont think that it is elitist if i want to shoot them whilst they try to bunny hop or play rambo. Infact i think it would be kind of me too put them out of there misery and learn to play like a real man.

I allready stated what I really want to see in ArmA Multiplayer in another thread, but repetition can't be bad tounge2.gif :

2 sides

Give 2 or 3 "spawn and reinforcement points" to each side (bases), and a serie of objectives in the middle, that have to be taken.

Knowing the available troops and equipement, missions are created to take the objectives. AI squads are assigned to these missions, and after a few minutes, move on to begin them.

Squads take objectives, creating a new mission, "hold objective". The assaulting squad takes the task, may "ask for reinforcement", so a "reinforce zone" mission is created, a squad assigned to it, moving to go hold the objective taken, etc...

When 2 opposite squads encounter, they fight, depending on situation some may "ask for help", and a mission is created for this, etc....

No need for player there, just a scripted engine simulating a little war on island using objectives and action/reaction.

now, player can connect and have access to available missions, and they can jump as squad leader, or any member if leader is already human. They have to fullfill the mission, and, once it's complete, can change squad, or stay in same one and chose another mission. Likely, if they stay in squad, their mission could be a "Guard" duty, for example if they just took a village.

Next step would be to give the possibilty for 1 player each side to act as "commander" and to be able to create missions, instead of script-created missions, and to assign specific squads to missions.

Reinforcement would "spawn" only at the 2 or 3 backyard bases of each side, simulation incoming reinforcement. There woudln't be magical spawn, as player can only take place of something already existing, and these AI squads only spawn in back bases.

Depending on the number of players connected, it would be more of players vs AI or players vs players gameplay. Still, cohesion would be kept through squads and missions system.

Please God,No!

I haven't played OFP in years but I can still remember(fondly), the oh S##T! moments when I spotted re-enforcements coming in from the East- thus allowing me time to set up a proper defense. To me, that was the beauty of the game,.

And as far as I remember, re-enforcements weren't infinite, thus negating the need for tickets. Its about clear objectives rather than tickets.

Oh, I couldn't care less for single player. I am planning to create multiplayer mission based on tickets system.

Guest Ti0n3r

Please God,No!

But if you don't like it, then just don't play it huh.gif

Please God,No!

Make "respawning" soldiers drop from a plane or helicopter with a parachute .. that would remove the magic and make everyone happy.

Please God,No!

If your referring to BF2- I don't.

If AA- I'm sure that the developers are aware how terrible that spawn system is(BF2), so I'm not worried. If someone posts to convince them to change it, you can bet your A## I'm gonna put my 2 cents in,

Bless

Please God,No!

Make "respawning" soldiers drop from a plane or helicopter with a parachute .. that would remove the magic and make everyone happy.

Without question.

I've been trying to get the guys at Aliied Intent, to implement paratrooper spawn, but they said the bot's AI wasn't advanced enough to know where to land.

I think AA's will be smarter.

Bless

Guest Ti0n3r

Well I thought we were talking about a custom MP mode.

sry for going of topic... (the whole discussion is imo of topic already)

but the point that you couldnt just respawn and that you had no "tickets" in game, is what made the difference. that is what made ofp (and hopefully will make armas) unique and thats one of the reasons why I am waiting for it.

Sorta...I rather hope they also include large scale war missions with various vehicles that don't respawn,and when your killed,thats it,like outside of CTF games,sure in OFP deathmatch if your killed you are 'revived' outside of the arena but you cannot shoot at anyone.

I think the problem is with a lot of bf2 players and the like is they dont enjoy dying. They want to be able to play constantly and not wait for the next round or whatever which is fair enough. I would like a mp game that when you died you came back as gradually worse players, so for instance you would start out as a fully kitted up marine then if you died you become a civilian then perhaps an old person then a dog etc. This way you keep playing and it would mean loads of human controlled civvies and animals running around.

Also the civilians could act as a sort of insurgency scrounging weapons off the battle field to continue the fight when the initial force had been wiped out. Anyway i dont know if this sort of thing has been done already in ofp (let me know if it has) just an idea. this has got a little off topic sorry im ranting

I have been playing dma random war missions for ofp the last couple of days and this is the nearest thing to a quick and dirty fight that i have found if this could be expanded upun then it is the kinda thing i think that would draw in more players. Im saying all this as i have several friends who play bf2 and im trying to coax them into getting armed assualt wehn it arrives so if anybody has any ideas how to get bf2 players to realise the gameplay potential of aa let me know.

As i know when i show them it and there isnt instant full on action they are going to go back to bf2.

One thing you people should keep in mind is that in the OFP scene there aren't many original BIS mission still played. In OFP it's all about player made missions as it's quite easy to create new missions and with some effort everyone can make the mission he ever wanted himself. There are almost no limits really. Whatever you imagine can pretty surely be made if you put in some effort.

I would like a mp game that when you died you came back as gradually worse players, so for instance you would start out as a fully kitted up marine then if you died you become a civilian then perhaps an old person then a dog etc. This way you keep playing and it would mean loads of human controlled civvies and animals running around.

lmao eh? A dog? icon_rolleyes.gif then a rat, then a worm lol what would you do while being a dog bark at people and stuff lol.

Once again, thanks for replies helping BF2 players to understand the difference between the two games.

At this point, I'm proud to announce ZiiP support for ArmA:

- our homepage with ArmA info - http://ziip.co.uk/ or http://www.ziip.co.uk/index2.php

- our dedicated ArmA forum (so you can help me convince our peeps to buy ArmA biggrin_o.gif ) - http://gaming.ziip.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

Thanks for helping us understanding the differences and building bridges for players from each side. Again, any responce/opinion related to the topic is most welcome smile_o.gif

o and my sig is already satisfactory tounge2.gif just click ctrl+f5 if you still see the old bf2 image