Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Sound conversion v3 updated Res.

No problem man. Are you working on an updated version

Forsheezy, yeah, I have several versions I'm making as we speak, one that is more Hollywoodish like , one that has more crackliy like, like more loud and raw, and one more that is more poppy like, just cause I'm OCD. I am making for both versions Cold and Resistance just in case there are some that do not have the Resistance version. Plus the Pack that I am hoping one day I can finnish, its like my kids know when I'm on the computer and then start demanding my attention LOL. There been a few people who wanted me to change a few things in it so I am tweaking some sounds out a little bit. But nothing too noticably different.

ty sir, that link worked and i absolutely love it, can never go back to stock sounds again smile_o.gif....  i wish u made the sounds for the FFUR mod..  thats some good sh..... stuff   rofl.gif

FFUR and ECP are great mods, but they used CD Sound EFX libraries which they are professionally mastered BUT are not raw and authentic. I found a video clip of a sound generated by Satchel's DR of the m16, when I made my sound thingy I wanted to at least make the sounds where they were in between sounding washy and sounding in open range areas, beings that most OFP missions are out in the open. I've been trying to make a script mod where I can make some areas make a washy reverb sound and when out of the zone make a regular reverb sound, but iguess that's sorta nit picky I guess, lots of work though.

Sounds are fantastic so far. Only one I'm not so keen on is the FFAR explosion... sounds like a car door shutting really loudly? I'd have thought'd there'd be a bit more beef/echo to it. This might just be me being a noob, but is that what it does actually sound like?

Yes, FFAR sound should be replaced with something, that sounds like an explosion.

Everything else sounds fine.

MfG Lee

Hmm I'll check it out right now.

Good sounds, finally someone actually used the bolt release sound of an actual AR

Heh , exactly.... tounge2.gif    I have a reload sound for the AK as well but OFP doesnt use it for some odd reason.  I had tried to add the pop crack sound to incoming bullet rounds but I didnt think people would want to hear a bunch of pops all the time when getting shot at, although its what you would hear anyways, but it got kinda annoying after a while.

Ive had that problem when creating my own sounds for ofp. Ive found thay resaving them as .wav files usually fixes this problem

So instead of wss just save the AK_reload sound to a wav?...hmmmm, I wonder if that will work with some others taht are designated fior another weapon whcih doesnt use that particular sound.

No problem man. Are you working on an updated version

Forsheezy, yeah, I have several versions I'm making as we speak, one that is more Hollywoodish like , one that has more crackliy like, like more loud and raw, and one more that is more poppy like, just cause I'm OCD. I am making for both versions Cold and Resistance just in case there are some that do not have the Resistance version. Plus the Pack that I am hoping one day I can finnish, its like my kids know when I'm on the computer and then start demanding my attention LOL. There been a few people who wanted me to change a few things in it so I am tweaking some sounds out  a little bit. But nothing too noticably different.

I searching something related to wss sound conversion, I have found out this thread and read this post.

Chammy, are you still working at some updates? biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for my newbie question, it seems sounds are a bit lower than radio chatter, is it a question of audio balance in game or are your sounds effectively less "noisy" than others?

Yeah, little by little, since I have completed the Armed Assualt sound mod, i have been taking a break and just playing some good ole OFP with the FFUR 08 mod, its a blast! Needless to say I changed the sounds in FFUR but more for my own gaming pleasure that is. But I do plan to release another one for OFP, i wanted to try to make a total conversion like a stand alone like I did for ArmA, but I have no idea how, I was thinking of using Satchels Dynamic Range mod for OFP as a template, i tried to get contact with Satchel but I guess he has been absent from teh OFP community since 2002 or so.

Looking through the cfgweapons lines I have seen that OFP uses same mg sounds for M60 and tanks and armored vehicles of both sides. That seemed to me (as I am still a newbie in modding things) very wierd: for instance when hearing a M60 sound I am not sure if it's from my side or from enemy's... sad_o.gif

So I think either you use a m60 dedicated sound (as the GRAA mod did) or the dynamic range template as you stated. This is also what ffur'85 has done, iirc...

Right on, after reading this post I decided to finish the update, ishould have something out by the end of the week. Still no word from Satchel.

Do you know if there is an functioning download link to your sound pack?

Thanks smile_o.gif

Hmm, u know, it might not be. I am working on it again and I can have it up again soon. I adding some stuff, or actualyl updating again.

I gave Chammy a collection of sounds I had sometime ago. I thought they would be used for an OFP sound pack, but he went to Arma insted. I have an Arma beta he sent me and I think he made a final Arma release, but nothing for OFP. If you want the Arma files let me know Delta...Shellshock :confused: need to get use to new nick.

I gave Chammy a collection of sounds I had sometime ago. I thought they would be used for an OFP sound pack, but he went to Arma insted. I have an Arma beta he sent me and I think he made a final Arma release, but nothing for OFP. If you want the Arma files let me know Delta...Shellshock :confused: need to get use to new nick.

Heya

Nope, I havent forgotten and I have the material you sent. I have been hung up on my real life, work and all and remodeling my house. I have been working on ArmA2 right now, just to get it out of the way then the material i use in ArmA2 will be put into OFP. I have been messing with FFUR mod lately and I will be replacing or using Satchels sound mod as a template for V3. I apologize so much for the delay, I have been so busy. I'm also working with Battlefield2 Project Reality also.

I still play OFP, there's just something about it that ArmA and OFP2 just doesnt have heh.

just hang tight. I have the rest of this weekend to finish, I hope.

Hopefully after i recover from new years eve :o

Heya

Nope, I havent forgotten and I have the material you sent. I have been hung up on my real life, work and all and remodeling my house. I have been working on ArmA2 right now, just to get it out of the way then the material i use in ArmA2 will be put into OFP. I have been messing with FFUR mod lately and I will be replacing or using Satchels sound mod as a template for V3. I apologize so much for the delay, I have been so busy. I'm also working with Battlefield2 Project Reality also.

I still play OFP, there's just something about it that ArmA and OFP2 just doesnt have heh.

just hang tight. I have the rest of this weekend to finish, I hope.

Hopefully after i recover from new years eve :o

Just saw this - nice! It'll be fun to try this out - thanks for working on it.

Fuck oath.

Really looking forward to seeing/hearing what you come up with for your next OFP pack.